Started by Cyanide, October 31, 2008, 12:13:56 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Vice 2k2 + extra
#21  November 18, 2008, 07:25:37 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Alright, so currently the normal form is about 80% or so done. I need to sort out correct chaining, more sounds in most directions, and some further hitdef accuracy is needed.

Completely not implemented.
Power management
MAX mode

Partially implemented
Sound
chaining
orochi mode

I've actually got some edits done. I dislike editing, but this was mostly hair so it's turned out ok. Have not yet coded more into orochi than the stance and alternating the heavy kick, cos i felt like using a diff sprite set for them. More to come once i've got normal mode complete.

Anywho, it's around this point where i'd like some feedback. If you would be willing to do a little beta testing please let me know. And by beta test i mean you actually test her against what you can do as vice IN game, and tell me where i'm currently wrong. If i haven't done it yet, that's cool, it gives me something to work towards.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#22  November 18, 2008, 11:50:09 am
  • "Moyashi tsuku shite yaru..."
I'd take the job gladly if you're okay with me. I'm a pretty thorough tester. Besides, I know KOF system pretty well to see differences right away. Unless it's not what you need.
Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 12:10:49 pm by Elix
#23  November 18, 2008, 07:13:45 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I am up for it.
#24  November 18, 2008, 08:35:38 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
I get my beta right? :p
#25  December 11, 2008, 02:27:18 pm
is this already available
#26  December 11, 2008, 02:33:36 pm
  • Horrible
    • Sweden
    • http://network.mugenguild.com/anjel/
No, it is not.
You can check his site (click the signature) and you can see that Vice is not available.
My shitty mugen stuff:
#27  December 11, 2008, 06:23:17 pm
  • Complex
    • Panama
    • Skype - lopezantispam@hotmail.com
a Vice 2k2+extra is a very cool idea I am really liking how this char is going is very promising good luck in it
#28  December 12, 2008, 10:25:21 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
Seeing as this has been bumped. Normal form is like, 1 hours work off being complete. Thats maxmode + maxmode special chaining. Orochi, should travel faster. I have less complex moves to make, and plan to steal various animations from existing moves to make the difficult ones. Also the basis will already be there.

Now done from previous, chaining, power management.

Not done, Max mode, 8 sound FX.

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#29  December 21, 2008, 06:46:19 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
Ok there's normal mode completed. Big thanks to [E] for the tool that made splitting her hair from the pallete easier. (5 days of colour deletion argh) Also thanks to Elix for testing her out and giving some excellent feedback.

Now i can start on Orochi mode, which has far less rules about accuracy. Although i may wanna be careful with how much canceling i allow for it.

Also, sound pisses me off. If i set Wav volume in mugen above 10 the MP3's i have going in the BG skyrocket in volume and blow my eardrums. So i have to keep it low, which makes judging how loud vice actually is, difficult. Pain in the ass. What do people have their volume at? She sounds facking loud to me if i turn winamp off and put the volume at a kinda middle level. She sounds the same as everything else i have (including stuff not made by me)

#30  December 22, 2008, 05:17:22 pm
    • forums.titygames.com/index.php
Ok there's normal mode completed. Big thanks to [E] for the tool that made splitting her hair from the pallete easier. (5 days of colour deletion argh) Also thanks to Elix for testing her out and giving some excellent feedback.

Can you up that tool??
 :sugoi:
#31  December 23, 2008, 09:49:32 am
  • "Moyashi tsuku shite yaru..."
#32  December 23, 2008, 05:12:35 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#33  December 24, 2008, 01:07:49 pm
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
Early days of Orochi

Currently calling that move "Deviance" Also, it was easy to code while it's late, and my cough is keeping me awake.

Normal form is done. Or at least as done as i'm making it. First release can deal with any bugs that show up.

#34  December 24, 2008, 03:32:50 pm
  • Master of Vicodin
Looks nice, the left hand's FX could use some rescale for better perspective thought.
#35  December 28, 2008, 12:03:28 pm
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
Ok, nearly there with the edits. Recreating the anti air De-Cide is a right pain though. Vice has so few matching positions. Also, i hate editing. Not bad at it really, just hate doing it. But i've gone this far.

Pallete stuff + orochi moves

Pallete, probably not going to be used. Just to show some stuff off. I don't think bright red hair works that well.

#36  December 28, 2008, 12:27:40 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Bright red hair looks okay IMO. As you wish though.

Wait, 5 powerbars ???
#37  December 28, 2008, 12:32:36 pm
  • DAT SAX
Characters have 5 powerbars in KOF2K2.

~*The Last Quincy*~         ~Sig by [TempesT]
My MUGEN shit:
MvC2 Tron Bonne, MvC Kim Kaphwan, Barns (Destruction Desire),
and Burai Yamamoto (Arranged)
#38  December 28, 2008, 12:36:50 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Even in 1VS1 fights ? Wouldn't that make Vice a little broken/overpowered in Mugen ?

Although, yeah, I perfectly understand that if you're going for full accuracy and that chars have 5 powerbars in 2K2, then you ought to put it to be able to perform all the cancels, DMs and combos.
#39  December 28, 2008, 11:22:02 pm
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
Every fight in KoF is 1v1 in a way. It's only going to be allowed to hit 5 in the 3rd round however. 3 max round 1, 4 round 2, 5 round 3+

#40  December 31, 2008, 02:39:58 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
^ above is now implemented, as well as some other stuff

Yay, that's sorted. And will edit quickly into the SDM version. I know god press is a little cliche but vice DOES have these sprites in 96, even if she never got the DM so it was obviously planned at some point. Also, i didn't wanna create sprites for another DM.

For the record, that flamy thing is part of the pallete and can have it's colour changed, although it'll match up with the skull explosion too.... i might change that.