YesNoOk

Pokey the Penguin by SpaceMouse (Read 3410 times)

Started by RMaster007, January 19, 2019, 07:08:49 pm
Share this topic:
Pokey the Penguin by SpaceMouse
#1  January 19, 2019, 07:08:49 pm
  • What's a title
  • Novice M.U.G.E.N. creator
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/rmaster007smugensite/
A while back, SpaceMouse released a new character, and it's Pokey the Penguin, who originates from the online comic strip of the same name.

He's a rather interesting character, with cinematic specials and hypers, and a lot of cartoony sound effects.

Get him here at SpaceMouse's website: http://spacey.lv/mugen/
Spriting is harder than I thought.
Re: Pokey the Penguin by SpaceMouse
#2  January 19, 2019, 07:44:03 pm
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
He's kind of busted too. Unblockable hypers, special grabs that have a lot of reach, and lots of intangibility on his specials. I was not expecting it to be a balanced one but sheesh. The text he spawns is amusing at first, but clogs up the screen and gets annoying real fast. Hilarious in a light hearted sense though, like his other characters.
Re: Pokey the Penguin by SpaceMouse
#3  January 19, 2019, 09:11:52 pm
  • What's a title
  • Novice M.U.G.E.N. creator
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/rmaster007smugensite/
He's kind of busted too. Unblockable hypers, special grabs that have a lot of reach, and lots of intangibility on his specials. I was not expecting it to be a balanced one but sheesh. The text he spawns is amusing at first, but clogs up the screen and gets annoying real fast. Hilarious in a light hearted sense though, like his other characters.

He's pretty accurate to the comics, but I agree that he is somewhat overpowered. Also, I think that the text should be explods so when he's facing right, then the text won't be flipped.
Spriting is harder than I thought.