YesNoOk

Dragon Ball Z Mugen Butouden 16 bits project (Read 4870 times)

Started by vlad_alucard, March 06, 2019, 09:21:34 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Dragon Ball Z Mugen Butouden 16 bits project
#21  May 08, 2019, 06:41:06 pm
If you wanted to try the characters, they wouldn't start. That's because you wrote:
Code:
stcommon=	DBZcommon.cns

instead of

Code:
stcommon=	data/DBZcommon.cns

in all the .def files of the characters.

You either do that, or copy and paste the DBZcommon.cns, present in the data folder, inside the folder of the characters.
#22  May 09, 2019, 04:01:05 am
    • Argentina
If you wanted to try the characters, they wouldn't start. That's because you wrote:
Code:
stcommon=	DBZcommon.cns

instead of

Code:
stcommon=	data/DBZcommon.cns

in all the .def files of the characters.

You either do that, or copy and paste the DBZcommon.cns, present in the data folder, inside the folder of the characters.

It's something I did on purpose so that they only work in this game I plan to do the same with sparks and general sounds. It's a way to avoid the leeching in a very basic way
Help me i can't change profile picture!!!! D:
#23  May 11, 2019, 07:30:26 am
    • Argentina
    • mar-c_cruz@hotmail.com
Hey Bro, tiene buena pinta! me trae algo de nostalgia ver el estilo clásico SB, me recuerda con jugaba al Sega :D
necesitas ayuda con sprites?
#24  May 12, 2019, 02:18:10 am
    • Argentina
Hey Bro, tiene buena pinta! me trae algo de nostalgia ver el estilo clásico SB, me recuerda con jugaba al Sega :D
necesitas ayuda con sprites?

Honestamente si mas que nada cuando comience con Super Buu me gustaria adaptar los sprites de Shin Butouden/UB22 al estilo Butouden, tengo sprites asi pero son casi todos modificaciones de Piccolo y se nota mucho si estas acostumbrado a ellos lo mismo con Ten Shin Han los Sprites del TeamOs son muy buenos pero el sombreado no es igual a los SB y son un poco mas grandes.
#25  May 14, 2019, 05:31:51 am
    • Argentina
#26  May 16, 2019, 09:50:45 pm
    • Germany
#27  May 17, 2019, 05:36:06 am
    • Argentina
#28  May 17, 2019, 06:37:14 am
    • Argentina
I just uploaded a new download link, I made several errors after reviewing.

First, having always hidden the folders of elecbyte and plugins were not copied to the compressed file as well as several files of the Data folder.

Second I put a new executable in case for some reason it had been corrupted.

And third, given the configuration of the resolution, you must extract the game before executing it, it is not useful to execute it from the compressed file.

https://mega.nz/#!bVpjSC5a!6vTYIcNbA55amewSdtO2bd8OZZ5BZUfsP8K6ClUrez0

It has a revamp of adult gohan sprites a little more similar to the original.
#29  May 18, 2019, 10:14:15 am
    • Germany
Ok it is working now. thx.
#30  June 01, 2019, 03:46:03 am
    • Argentina
Sorry I did not comment again anything new. Now I am working in Recoome, Cap Ginyu and Dabura. then I will do a complete revision of the chars to correct some things and upload a second public beta. Those who have downloaded the previous beta I am open to suggestions and to review errors they find. I am a novice programmer so if possible, if you find an error that I can not solve by myself, I would appreciate your help. I want to achieve the final 16-bit Dragon Ball game but I can not do it alone, so I'll do my best to get as close as possible.
#31  June 01, 2019, 11:10:15 am
    • Germany
I'm not good at testing things because of that I have just two things right now, both about broly.

1. I know he is supposed to be a boss character, but I think the HP Regeneration is a little bit much.

2. I Startet some AI battles against him and he often just shoots his Big Green Ki Ball up in the Air often after the enemy is already back on the ground, maybe the timing for the aiming needs to be changed to make it a little more usefull.
#32  June 01, 2019, 12:33:37 pm
You can spam Teen Gohan's light punch and deal a lot of damage, also if you can time the throws and the dashes you can pretty much kill an enemy (all characters except Cell, Broly, Freeza): what I mean is throw the enemy, dash towards the enemy, press x+y to throw again, repeat until the opponent is dead.
#33  June 02, 2019, 04:33:27 am
    • Argentina
You can spam Teen Gohan's light punch and deal a lot of damage, also if you can time the throws and the dashes you can pretty much kill an enemy (all characters except Cell, Broly, Freeza): what I mean is throw the enemy, dash towards the enemy, press x+y to throw again, repeat until the opponent is dead.

All chars can make a counter attack at the time they are suffering damage, Gohan and the characters based on physical attacks are especially vulnerable at that time. The only chars for now who are dedicated to the evasion are Goku and Krillin who can use the zanzoken or teleportation respectively to get safe instead of counterattacking.

Examples of counterattack:

Vegeta`s Double Flaming Kick
Piccolo`s Upperjump

If I see that Gohan continues to show superiority on that point he will be nerfed in the next revision.

The characters still do not have AI but when you program that type of spam attacks will often receive a deserved counterattack

I'm not good at testing things because of that I have just two things right now, both about broly.

1. I know he is supposed to be a boss character, but I think the HP Regeneration is a little bit much.

2. I Startet some AI battles against him and he often just shoots his Big Green Ki Ball up in the Air often after the enemy is already back on the ground, maybe the timing for the aiming needs to be changed to make it a little more usefull.

I understand as long as I do not schedule AI Broly will have tricks that give you advantages over normal characters. When I enter that phase I will withdraw them so that it is on par with the others but of course their difficulty will not be based on special advantages but on their aggressiveness.
Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 04:41:39 am by vlad_alucard
#34  June 02, 2019, 07:27:49 pm
But you can't counter attack throws.
There's also the echo added to the death screams for almost all characters, that make them repeat 8 or 9 times. Some other characters don't have it.

Most characters after the intro have control and can move around before the round 1, fight! voice clip.
Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 08:49:38 pm by AlexSin
#35  June 04, 2019, 03:58:56 am
    • Argentina
But you can't counter attack throws.
There's also the echo added to the death screams for almost all characters, that make them repeat 8 or 9 times. Some other characters don't have it.

Most characters after the intro have control and can move around before the round 1, fight! voice clip.

I'm going to use the counter for throws that they use in buyuu retsuden. When the character is thrown through the air can react with a flying kick.

I'm going to take care of the points you mentioned to me, thank you for pointing them out. About the ability to move is that I can cancel with a command in the introduction animation but I do not have it to be able to copy it in the state. As a temporary solution I will make the introduction animations last long enough so that they can not be moved.

I thank you all for your help and if you still find faults, let me know.
Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 04:12:09 am by vlad_alucard
#36  June 10, 2019, 06:35:15 am
    • Argentina
I've been thinking what would be the best general command configuration for the game. If maintain a semi arcade style as up to now or make it much more faithful to the original games. If I made this change I could make more faithful commands to the original games, but it would be a less attractive experience for players who are not familiar with the original games and prefer something more arcade.

The commands are currently: C and Z are for displacement emulating the L and R buttons of the super nintendo.

Standing on feet
A = Light kick
B = Hard kick
X = Light punch
Y = Hard punch
← B = Basic Projectile

If I made the change to make it more faithful to the original games, it would be:

A = Kicks (Varies according to distance)
B = Basic projectile
X = Punching (Varies according to distance)
Y = Flight (If activated if it can not be an extra hit like in Hyper Dimension)

These would not change;

Being crouched
A = Low kick
B = Sliding kick
X = Low Blow
Y = Uppercut
In the middle of the jump
A / B = Kick
X / Y = Punch

To not make a posting so empty I leave a sample of the new custom stage that I am doing together with the character that I am working now.

#37  July 07, 2019, 12:15:55 pm
Sorry for being late on this, but I found the problem causing all characters to move after the introduction.

You put ctrl = 1 in the stand state 0 in the DBZcommon.cns.

Code:
; Stand
[Statedef 0]
type = S
physics = S
facep2 = 1
ctrl = 1        ;this ctrl right here isn't needed
sprpriority = 0

if you remove it the characters behave like they should: you won't be able to move the characters before the "Round 1, fight!" voiceclip, which is the correct scenario.

So it should look like this:
Code:
; Stand
[Statedef 0]
type = S
physics = S
facep2 = 1
sprpriority = 0

Remember, in the DBZcommon.cns which is in the data folder. Fixing this will also fix all characters, since they load the file from the data folder. ;)
#38  July 11, 2019, 05:27:48 am
    • Argentina
Sorry for being late on this, but I found the problem causing all characters to move after the introduction.

You put ctrl = 1 in the stand state 0 in the DBZcommon.cns.

Code:
; Stand
[Statedef 0]
type = S
physics = S
facep2 = 1
ctrl = 1        ;this ctrl right here isn't needed
sprpriority = 0

if you remove it the characters behave like they should: you won't be able to move the characters before the "Round 1, fight!" voiceclip, which is the correct scenario.

So it should look like this:
Code:
; Stand
[Statedef 0]
type = S
physics = S
facep2 = 1
sprpriority = 0

Remember, in the DBZcommon.cns which is in the data folder. Fixing this will also fix all characters, since they load the file from the data folder. ;)

Thank you so much Alex I will apply in the next release for now I`m put the project in pause to can order my resourses, sprites sheets, audioclips etc. And I will continue after that.