YesNoOk

Unpopular Favourite discussion thread (Read 3885 times)

Started by SkySplitters, May 10, 2020, 02:20:14 pm
Share this topic:
Unpopular Favourite discussion thread
#1  May 10, 2020, 02:20:14 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
As the title suggest this thread is a thread for discussing your favourite characters from different series.
Example; Peple love Ryu, Chun-Li, Sakura and Akuma but I love El Fuerte because he's lucha libre style is unique and I love his personality.

It's meant as a fun discussing topic for the heck of it. You don't just have to pick a fighting game franchise, but any other video game, comic, tv-show, you get it. And it's not like you can't like the popular characters, and in some situations we might even differ from each others views on who are "popular" and not, but it's just to give a bit of spot-light to the other characters who might not get mentioned that much. Also, you don't have to make long descriptions of the characters, that's your choice of course.

Rules;
- Respect other peoples choices. Don't start flamewars or create unnecessary drama if someone mentions a character you don't like.
- No limit of choices pr. franchise as it would be restricting and against its purpose.

- - - -

Here are some of mine just to start;

Street Fighter;
T. Hawk - Probably my favourite character in the SF series due to being tall, strong, long range and grappling attacks.
Gen - Perhaps one of those I feel is very underrated. I love the 4 different styles and find him quite unique.

Tekken;
Craig Marduk - Just find it really fun to use a brute force character at the size of Marduk. He has fun moves and is really unpredictable to others if you learn him.

Super Smash Bros;
Ness - Within my friend circle no one used Ness. Everyone thought he sucked because of the recovery, but I started using him since no one bothered to learn him and became a dangerous player with him. This was back in Melee and Brawl. Became my first true main.

Mortal Kombat;
Motaro - Everyone else tend to say Goro or Kintaro as their fav sub-boss, but Motaro to me is more unique and I've always like his design more. I see the complication to bring him back into the main games, but I'd still hold out a candle for the possibility in the future. Imagine the possibility in this day and age technology!

Mario Party;
Toadette - Now, this is more cosmetics because the game is just luck based (mostly), but I never hear people picking the character, and wanted to make an example that was not a fighting game, just to spread the possibilities.

There's more, but just wanted to start it.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 02:23:16 pm by The Street Fighter
Re: Unpopular Favourite discussion thread
#2  May 10, 2020, 02:25:59 pm
  • the Suicidal Bastard
  • "I want to see and understand the world outside."
    • Philippines
kinda want to be the first to reply.

MARVEL:
Spider-Man - he's basically my superhero when i was still a child.. even up to this day, i always play as him in Marvel Vs. Capcom 2. even those firing those webs and that Playstation 4 game, always been a big fan of his. but when i compare him to other characters like in anime and stuff, i realized how wimp he is.. and i actually wanted to find a way to make him buffed up, for example. my Fire Spider-Man Edit.

Anime:
Naruto - well, basically. my favorite ninja, always like those rasengan and stuff, and i'm actually happy for him to actually achieve his dream to become a hokage.

Ruby (RWBY) - now now, even though she's an american anime-styled character, i always thought of the RWBY series as some sort of an anime though, the plot.. everything, now. i like Ruby Rose, because of her personality, being a young leader of her team, even those silver eyes..!

Eren Yeager - my one and only idol, and the voice behind fire spider-man, because he has a complete yearning for freedom, hence why he's called the "Attack Titan"!

SEGA:
Sonic the Hedgehog - speed's his game, always liked his homing attack and his super sonic form! he even has a complete care for his friends, being funny and trying to stop Dr. Eggman everytime he tries to take over the world, i mean, you get it.
Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 02:33:58 pm by Mushypepito123
#3  May 10, 2020, 07:00:34 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
kinda want to be the first to reply.

MARVEL:
Spider-Man - he's basically my superhero when i was still a child.. even up to this day, i always play as him in Marvel Vs. Capcom 2. even those firing those webs and that Playstation 4 game, always been a big fan of his. but when i compare him to other characters like in anime and stuff, i realized how wimp he is.. and i actually wanted to find a way to make him buffed up, for example. my Fire Spider-Man Edit.

Anime:
Naruto - well, basically. my favorite ninja, always like those rasengan and stuff, and i'm actually happy for him to actually achieve his dream to become a hokage.

Ruby (RWBY) - now now, even though she's an american anime-styled character, i always thought of the RWBY series as some sort of an anime though, the plot.. everything, now. i like Ruby Rose, because of her personality, being a young leader of her team, even those silver eyes..!

Eren Yeager - my one and only idol, and the voice behind fire spider-man, because he has a complete yearning for freedom, hence why he's called the "Attack Titan"!

SEGA:
Sonic the Hedgehog - speed's his game, always liked his homing attack and his super sonic form! he even has a complete care for his friends, being funny and trying to stop Dr. Eggman everytime he tries to take over the world, i mean, you get it.

Literally every one of your choices here are among the most popular characters in their respective franchises. 4 of them are the main characters, and Spider Man is a flagship character for Marvel. I don't think you understood the thread.
#4  May 13, 2020, 07:13:20 am
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
I got the idea, so here're some of my favourite choices that not anyone else could consider favourites:

Final Fight: Streetwise
I love this game, I really do. I love the new look of characters (especially Cody) and playing with a modern (and GTA) version of Metro City is delightful. If my PC could handle most of the actual games, I would download Streetwise skins for Cody, Guy and Zangief (as Haggar) for Super Street Fighter IV (or Arcade Edition or Ultra) and play with them, I'd totally do

Mortal Kombat Armageddon
One of my favourite MK games ever. Maybe the fatalities and certain characters aren't of my taste, but the game as a whole is superb for me: the mini-games as Motor Kombat, the Konquest Mode, the MUGEN section (aka Create-your-Character) and of course that awesome intro

ClayFighter 63 1/3
There's a reason why I'm converting characters from that game and arranging chars from the first 2 games into this style. Yes, it's one of my favourite fighting games for N64 and the best for that console without a doubt. Until today is a must in my list and I got it in physical cartridge finally (I've to get the Sculptor's Cut too, even if it's a repro)

Samurai Shodown: Warriors Rage
Yes, the distant finale SS game for PlayStation. I love the characters, the music, the designs and the story, maybe didn't play as any of the SS games (not even the SS64 games) but I still like it and usually play it in my PS1 when I can. I say this game deserves more love and I hope SNK would remake it in a future with a better gameplay... or make a sequel, why not??

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#5  May 13, 2020, 01:24:08 pm
Characters:

The Wire: Duquan Weems. the kid was one of my favorite characters in the show, he's so poor yet very intelligent for his age but he gets a shit hand by life tries to fight it but its too much for him he's just 15 years old, and ultimately he gets a tragic ending that he doesn't deserve.

The Walking Dead Tell Tale: Kenny. He's an asshole but who wouldn't be when they get their whole family killed? he is also pushed into his breaking point by other characters who dislike him but he redeems himself at the end of WD2 if you choose him, that ending was very heart breaking to watch. unlike the other character that you can choose over him, he actually stays with clementine until he dies trying to save her in season 3.

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon: Rex "Power" Colt. Badass, says the funniest shit and above all has a pet machine dragon that shoots lasers. People seem to only remember Vaas from Far Cry 3 which is disappointing because he was the most ridiculous hammiest villain ever.

Metro 2033: Artoym. While he's a silent character in game, you do get to understand his character from the narrations he provide. He's a bit nihilistic and not very fearful for his life but he becomes more hopeful and he takes on the responsibility of his bad choice (at the end of the first game) and he keeps on fighting.
I'm going to let god handle you people ✞
#6  May 14, 2020, 02:03:17 pm
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Awesome guys, let's keep the ball rolling, and I love the idea of also adding inn full games opposed to just certain content of said game. Love it.

Here are some more of mine;

Pokémon Puzzle League;
I'm a huge Pokémon fan, and I love the main games, and even some of the spin-offs, but Pokémon Puzzle League to me is on another level (under most mainline games however), it's simple formula (from Panel de Pon) but it's different levels of challenging. Love the premise of using different Pokémon to get different blocks and what not. Also one of the few games that utulize the anime cast (from the first season at least). Really "the" game I'd love to see have a remake.

Lego Racers;
Never thought I'd be mentioning this, but got to be honest, once I started the N64 strain of thought this immediately came to mind. I was a huge fan of Lego when I was a kid, and despite the flaws of the clunky gameplay it held, I still thought the creativity and usage of items and whatnot was quite innovative at the time, and I enjoyed the game.

Dead or Alive 4;
I know a lot of others prefer DoA2 and DoA5, but I actually enjoyed DoA4 a lot. Now, the story here was that I let a friend borrow my copy of DoA3, and when he returned he had sold it ... He forgot it was mine, and when I told him he made up for it by getting me DoA4 (it had gone about 6-7 months since I borrowed him, and he was here rarely visiting his mother), but alas, DoA4, I loved the stage designs, the new inclusions of characters were great,it got a Spartan/Halo character for guest, but ... My biggest unpopular opinion is Tengu! Yes I know he is a wicked design, but DoA2 was my first experience of the series, and the odd, creepy feel you get fighting him stuck with me, and just seeing him back at the time was incredible, even tho he is far from the best character lol.

Mario Sports Titles;
Right, Mario sports title has varied opinions, but most of them are overlooked because of the main games, and when we speak of spin-offs we often look at the Kart games and Party games, however there are 2 Mario Sports titles I'd like to mention. First, my all time favourite Mario Sports game; Mario Aces for the Switch, I spent a lot of time playing this as it had a solid mechanic, a large roster, and some mini-games. My friends enjoyed it as well, which was a breath of fresh air with these games. The other one being; Super Mario Super Sluggers which is the baseball game. I'm not American, and I don't care or know anything about baseball, but ... it was the only game which featured King K. Rool at the time as playable. And, K. Rool was my most requested fighter for Smash since post-Melee, which makes an indication why I followed the things he made appearence with closely.
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#7  May 15, 2020, 02:03:04 am
  • SNK is life
Ash Crimson is the best Guile since Guile.
Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 09:38:20 pm by walt
#8  May 15, 2020, 03:02:57 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Yajirobe is the best and most underrated character in the entire Dragon Ball franchise.
#9  May 15, 2020, 02:52:49 pm
  • all is love in fair and war
I dont care how good the coffee quality is , I'll throw in creamer, and sugar, and probably ice rock too. 

FF8 is the Best FF

I still hate the idea Samuel L Jackson as Nick Fury.

Yoshitaka Amano can not draw foreshortening properly and hugely overated

#10  May 15, 2020, 03:37:55 pm
Street Fighter EX3

As a SF fan like myself, I think this game is the most overlooked. Since it's release, it had mixed opinion and myself I like it. Sure, the roster had Ryu, Hokuto and so on, but had no newcomers. Other than Ace, the character to be costumized with every moves from other Capcom and Arika games. That's a mode how I liked and after unlocking characters from EX2, there's also Evil Ryu, Bison 2 (Only for 1P mode) and narrator Sakura for fun. The music had some recycled from the EX games and some new ones. Also one of my favourite soundtrack to listen this everyday. My favourite moment was after I watched the movie John Q, I immediately play further on and went on to make combos and tag team mode was insane. Truly a game I can play as my favourite PS2 game.
#11  May 30, 2020, 04:50:37 pm
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
Enryuha is the coolest Dragon Punch ever.  :dealwithit:

Also SNK needs to step out and do sequels of World Heroes, Fighters History, Last Blade, etc. and go back to doing 2D or pseudo 2D ala GGXrd. Though I woudn't mind KOF MI sequels.

sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.