YesNoOk

Chosen_01's WIP Thread (Read 9623 times)

Started by Chosen_01, October 09, 2007, 09:11:04 pm
Share this topic:
Chosen_01's WIP Thread
#1  October 09, 2007, 09:11:04 pm
  • Now your gonna feel my hooks! OH YEAH!!
Chosen Ken update to be released tomorrow. Here's what it will include:

*Standing evade. (Yeah, about time right? lol)
*Re-worked Parry.
*All vel's reworked and tweaked better.
*Alpha Counter bug fixed.
*Throw bug fixed. New throw command Fwd/Back + 2 punches/kicks
*Ryuken Chain adjusted and fixed. Some chars could escape from it.
*New secret chains.
*New wall smash coding. Some secret chains and lvl 1 Shippu Jenri Kyaku has it.
*New (and finally not null; lol) Shin Hadou Shoryuken. I had images but I left the house and went to work only to find out they were saved as .psp......doh!
*Re-worked Shoryu Reppa.
*Shinryuken *complete* That means I'm satisfied with it and no longer want to tweak it....It no longer has the fast recovery time it had where you could do it multiple times....
*Aireal Tatsumaki Sennpu tweaked and adjusted for better x/y velocity.
*Re-worked Air-combo system. Ken now only can chain certain punches and kicks. No more cross comboing. Sorry.
*Strict combo system. I took a whole 2 weeks developing the system. Ken can still juggle fairly well, but there is now a method to the madness. Combos take more timing and have smoother transitions. He can still chain any normal > special > hyper, but he's more strategic. If played right, he can decimate pretty easy. Ask my bro. He tries my cancels all night to little avail.  >:D.
*New edited sprites and a fixed fighting stance. Belt is finally right. Pants need some work, but whateva. That's for later.
*Fixed all the pallettes and added new ones.
*More sound edits and other miscellaneous tweaks.
*And one more lil secret ability. But I'm not tellin.  :ninja:

See ya tomorrow.  ;)
Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 07:06:14 pm by Sepp
Re: Chosen_01's WIP Thread
#2  October 09, 2007, 09:21:50 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Making a WIP topic for a character you'll be releasing tomorrow. :ninja:

Anyway, seems like that's a REAL BIG update with quite a lot of improvment. :)

I'll be waiting to see how the combo system works. And I'm really happy to see you've finally fixed the belt anim.
#3  October 09, 2007, 09:35:36 pm
Making a WIP topic for a character you'll be releasing tomorrow. :ninja:

Anyway, seems like that's a REAL BIG update with quite a lot of improvment. :)

I'll be waiting to see how the combo system works. And I'm really happy to see you've finally fixed the belt anim.

Yeah, I only started it because the old thread was lost in the move. :(

And thanks. :)
Chosen_01's WIP Thread
#4  December 16, 2007, 04:02:03 pm
Here's progress of what I'm working on so far:

Ken (120%) Currently adding the special mode where he calls his wifey. I need some sprites of her if anyone wants to help btw. I just need her face really, I'll post it in the requests section. Here's the new patch. *Again if you have the extreme A.I. patch do not download this patch as he is a new character*

[glow=red,2,300]Chosen Ken[/glow] - 12/16/2007 - http://www.zshare.net/download/56687245bccefd/

[glow=red,2,300]Agni[/glow] (68%) The only thing that he needs now is 2 more hypers, 3 throws, and some more edited fixed animations. He will most likely be released sooner than my other projects. Here is a quick clip of his stance which isn't finished btw, but the basic idea is here.

Agni Stance - "http://www.youtube.com/v/Q-t7nkvGxrA&rel=1

[glow=red,2,300]Miyako[/glow] (50%) She will play like she's straight from SFA. All of her MB type moves will be Capcomized and she will have others of my creation. For instance, this edited move: Machine Gun. There will be finishers to this move in which one is shown at the end of the clip.

Miyako Machine Gun & Upper - http://www.youtube.com/v/KJBVHqoQzQM&rel=1
 Move details: First part parries mid attacks while hand is open, second part is a dash forward, next comes   the rapid punches, if you don't use any extra motions the enemy is pushed back slightly but if you do one of 3 motions, she will knock you upwards, wall smash, or down to the ground.

[glow=red,2,300]Shadow Blade[/glow] (20%) Why the lower percentage? I'm redoing all of his sword animations and thinking about redoing all of the sprites which then should have an even lower percentage. So far I recorded almost all of the voice overs for him with my Protools so it's pretty interesting and fun to boot. This project will be continued once the others are released and when I find some good Kenji sprites.
Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 04:13:54 pm by Chosen_01
#5  December 16, 2007, 04:25:45 pm
    • Poland
Ken is from August I may ask why this tok you so long to release this ? I'm really interesing how he turns out in final version with his special modes. I'll be patiently await this day :P
"If our lives are indeed the sum total of the choices we've made, then we cannot change who we are. But with every new choice we're given, we can change who we're going to be." The Outer Limits S04E04

"If knowledge is power and power corrupts... how will human kind ever survive?" The Outer Limits S04E16
#6  December 16, 2007, 04:46:23 pm
Ken is from August I may ask why this tok you so long to release this ? I'm really interesing how he turns out in final version with his special modes. I'll be patiently await this day :P

This is a follow up to the August patch. Forgot a few things. It's pretty hard to keep up with the faster creators. Did you know that I'm 24? O_o
#7  December 16, 2007, 06:25:57 pm
  • Kyosuke + Ky Kiske = Kensuke?
Shadow Blade?

What is that?

And I might beable to help you with some kenji sprites as i'm currently ripping from Warzard as secondary from my asura blade rippinf and asurabuster.

I hate to sound like a bastard but I would like some info on what i'd be ripping for...  :-\
~Ultimate Kensuke of the True Lightning~

Real Bout High School Battle

Coming.....soon....
#8  December 16, 2007, 06:33:50 pm
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
 Move details: First part parries mid attacks while hand is open, second part is a dash forward, next comes   the rapid punches, if you don't use any extra motions the enemy is pushed back slightly but if you do one of 3 motions, she will knock you upwards, wall smash, or down to the ground.
The reversal Clsn1 is too big. I made the same mistake in Karin's first version, it caused the move to block stuff too easily.

Shadow Blade?

What is that?
Morrigan's DP? o_O
Use anything you want from my works.  If you need to contact me use email, not private messages.
#9  December 17, 2007, 01:49:42 am
  • Another ClayFighter turned MUGEN Creator
  • Call me daddy!!
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/

Great, you're back!! :D It's good to see you don't abandoned Agni as I though before, I like the new stance you made for him :)

Good luck with your other projects ;)
#10  December 17, 2007, 07:11:42 pm
Shadow Blade?

What is that?

And I might beable to help you with some kenji sprites as i'm currently ripping from Warzard as secondary from my asura blade rippinf and asurabuster.

I hate to sound like a bastard but I would like some info on what i'd be ripping for...  :-\

It's pretty far down the road, but Shadow Blade is pretty much a ninja version Kenji should have been. Planning to steal references from several ninja characters that already exist but still a bit different from them. I'll post some more SFF vids later. Thanks for the help. :)

The reversal Clsn1 is too big. I made the same mistake in Karin's first version, it caused the move to block stuff too easily.

Shadow Blade?

What is that?
Morrigan's DP? o_O

lol. For some reason I forgot about that movename when creating this character... :P

Okay, I'll fix the clsn's. :)

Great, you're back!! :D It's good to see you don't abandoned Agni as I though before, I like the new stance you made for him :)

Good luck with your other projects ;)

Thank ye kindly. Glad you like the stance.

Just added several things for agni with edited sprites:

*Forward & Backwards dash
*SP finisher (a floating version of his standing headbutt)
*SK finisher (somersault foot downstrike) *this changes depending on Agni's velocity. If going forward he does the overhead, if jumping backwards he does it reverse only he kicks off of the opponent.
*New Special - Illusion -Agni gets in a special stance that is really a fake. The fake Agni when hit will do one of several things depending on the button used:

Crumble letting the real Agni appear behind opponent (substitution jutsu :P )

Burst into flames knocking the opponent skyward where real Agni will warp for and aireal combo

Burst into a voodoo cloud stunning the opponent for a few secs. Agni appears a few spaces backwards.
#11  December 18, 2007, 03:13:36 pm
  • Kyosuke + Ky Kiske = Kensuke?
No prob man. What sprites you need? I'll be back to my house tommorow, so i should be able to get some good ripping done.
~Ultimate Kensuke of the True Lightning~

Real Bout High School Battle

Coming.....soon....

hjk

#12  December 18, 2007, 05:26:05 pm
  • Watch my fro grow as you go, go, go, go, go.
    • Afghanistan
Here's the new patch. *Again if you have the extreme A.I. patch do not download this patch as he is a new character*

Don't even worry about that. :sleep:
A newer patch will come along with qwerwgrebew's, for the re-release.
BTW, it is I who will make the patch, not the former Patcher  ;).

I have a lot of other chars to help out with so my progress has been limited  --;
LOL, Caddie's the man!! ;)

I'm as real as the runnin, I just happen to rap, Nigaas London, Japan, and i'm scared of dat tap.

I suggest extending my banning, cuz when I come back, it's gonna be hell. You think I was annoying before, oh man, it's on now :)
hjk vs. 99% of MFG. I will win.

RIP Poo Bear Tell my Dead Homie isson, for the year my partner.
#13  December 19, 2007, 11:57:53 pm
No prob man. What sprites you need? I'll be back to my house tommorow, so i should be able to get some good ripping done.

Oh cool cool. I actually need all of them. lol.  ;)
Here's the new patch. *Again if you have the extreme A.I. patch do not download this patch as he is a new character*

Don't even worry about that. :sleep:
A newer patch will come along with qwerwgrebew's, for the re-release.
BTW, it is I who will make the patch, not the former Patcher  ;).

I have a lot of other chars to help out with so my progress has been limited  --;

Oh okay, good. Looking forward to your next A.I. patch then.

hjk

#14  December 23, 2007, 10:34:47 pm
  • Watch my fro grow as you go, go, go, go, go.
    • Afghanistan
LOL, Caddie's the man!! ;)

I'm as real as the runnin, I just happen to rap, Nigaas London, Japan, and i'm scared of dat tap.

I suggest extending my banning, cuz when I come back, it's gonna be hell. You think I was annoying before, oh man, it's on now :)
hjk vs. 99% of MFG. I will win.

RIP Poo Bear Tell my Dead Homie isson, for the year my partner.
Chosen_01's WIP Thread
#15  June 30, 2008, 10:02:04 pm
Fun with P.o.t.S Base.

Yeah, I have a pretty solid base for 5 character types. They are pretty much blank templates with PSP scripts for easy pasting. This idea came up while working on Agni (which is moving slowly...but moving) so I got distracted.

Anyway, I have been working on my newest projects Rogue (MVC) and Rose (SFA3). Both will include the basic P.o.t.S standard as well as edited sprite work, tweaks, and moves. With the new template and scripts, things have been moving amazingly fast. Only one real kink needs to be worked out before it can be called a definitive character creation method. Maybe I'll even look into creating a program such as MCM or Fighter Factory utilizing these templates. Of course, that's later down the road. For now I just decided to continue my works and then hopefully get a life. lol

Rogue is at about 80% completion, will lean more towards CVS2, and has the following additional moves:

Specials:

Earth Shake: Pound the ground, nearby opponents get popped up for a quick juggle. Close Aireal opponents get smashed downwards.

Force Punch: Rogue charges her fist, and releases a powerful blow to the gut. Can dissipate small projectiles, has slight counter against normal standing attacks.

Earth Direct: Aireal Grab that shoves the opponent head first into the ground. Like Juni/Juli only with hands and not feet. :P

Supers:

Power Drain - Yeah, I made power drain a Super move only. It's also blockable this time around. Always gains Life or Power Up if not on the list (randomly) but gains appropriate power drain according to a few names on the list. Not doing the Rogue Hadoken, Shoryuken, etc... though it would be nice.

Good Night Sugah - Since the power drain is saved for super, that gives room for another new super. Rogue does some mid-air DBZ type whippin on the opponent a'la Maximum Spider, finishing a downstrike.

Meteor Blow - Taken from Mutant Academy just without the omg explosion.
#16  July 01, 2008, 02:08:36 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Interesting, let's see how fast and good your method can get. :)

Also : screenshots are what keep people interested. :yes:
#17  July 09, 2008, 04:23:17 pm
Interesting, let's see how fast and good your method can get. :)

Also : screenshots are what keep people interested. :yes:

Okeydokey

Edit:

Rogue's forward and backward can now dash past the opponent(s) in the background. When opponent is in the corner, she stops just short of the enemy.
Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 07:11:11 pm by Chosen_01
#18  October 26, 2008, 01:20:49 am
Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 03:08:58 am by Chosen_01
P.o.t.S., Warusaki & Chosen01 by Ken
#19  November 07, 2008, 10:54:44 pm
Not really his name. It's just Ken.  ;P

P.o.t.s coding, Warusaki sprites, and Chosen01 tweaking. Since the coding is pretty much already set, my tweaking will mostly be for the "Master Mode" which will be an updated Chosen Ken. Mock shots so far. Did this in one day. Progress is fast thanks to PSP scripting. This is estimated to be released on Christmas along with Rogue and one other. Maybe Agni if I feel up to the sprite editing.  :-\
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#20  November 07, 2008, 11:14:46 pm
  • Legend now but still learning
    • USA
    • http://cvsnb.deviantart.com/
you should use my ken with color seperate