YesNoOk

Number of simultaneous helpers allowed for stable gameplay? (Read 2029 times)

Started by Elix, July 11, 2008, 10:06:56 pm
Share this topic:
Number of simultaneous helpers allowed for stable gameplay?
#1  July 11, 2008, 10:06:56 pm
  • "Moyashi tsuku shite yaru..."
Topic. I'm sorry if it was already discussed. By stable gameplay I mean: no lags, no crashes. I'm asking not because of a mere interest. I want to make an explosion which consist of different anims and I need each of the anim to be PalFXed. (Please, don't tell my to make one animation out of many ^_^ ). Can't do it with Explods and wouldn't be right to put projectiles either. So, how many helpers...? Give me your variants.

edited: If I at least knew how many simultaneous helpers are used in PotS' Rare Akuma, it could solve my question.
Re: Number of simultaneous helpers allowed for stable gameplay?
#2  July 11, 2008, 10:11:53 pm
    • Peru
I thinks that's up to your computer specs, but remember that the maximum of helpers and explods is controlled via mugen.cfg

Hehe. IIRC Dragon Claw needs increasing that numbers in order to be as flashy as Rew wanted.
#3  July 11, 2008, 11:34:35 pm
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
;Maximum number of explods allowed in total. Note that hitsparks
 ;also count as explods.
 ;Set to a lower number to save memory (minimum 8).
ExplodMax = 600

;Maximum number of system explods allowed.
 ;Set to a lower number to save memory (minimum 8).
SysExplodMax = 48

;Maximum number of helpers allowed in total.
 ;Set to a lower number to save memory (minimum 4, maximum 56).
HelperMax = 32
Mostly default, apart from explods which i think i changed. According to an accident. a 400mhz PC doesn't like 15 helpers at once. Causes slow down. Never heard of explods breaking anything though.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#4  July 12, 2008, 02:57:40 am
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
edited: If I at least knew how many simultaneous helpers are used in PotS' Rare Akuma, it could solve my question.
I let him fight for a couple of matches and the most helpers he ever had during that time was 8, which only happens if he pushes the aerial fireballs.

But I guess the answer is just to not use more of them than what you need at a given moment, and as few permanent ones as possible (Rare Akuma has 2).  Also since it seems that you only need them for one move, it's ok to push the limit a bit if needed, since any eventual slowdown would be restricted to said move.

That is... assuming going over 32 didn't even cross your mind, because that would be insane.
Use anything you want from my works.  If you need to contact me use email, not private messages.
#5  July 12, 2008, 08:02:48 am
    • Peru
Never tested, but the limit is per-character or global? Because if you are going to push the limits... maybe you'll end fucking up your enemy's code :)
#6  July 12, 2008, 12:18:00 pm
  • "Moyashi tsuku shite yaru..."

Bea

#7  July 12, 2008, 01:46:57 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
The limit is global, and once it's reached, it'll drop the oldest helpers and explods in order to fit the new ones in the stack.
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#8  July 12, 2008, 01:56:46 pm
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
I've found it tends to be a bit slow doing that, and you get gaps in your helpers. They continue to show up, but there's a blank tick while it removes one before it's able to create the next.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#9  July 13, 2008, 12:56:51 am
    • USA
Like Renzo said, its all bout your PC.