YesNoOk

Riot Ken updated to version 2.99999 eh ok it's 3.0 (Read 12392 times)

Started by bloodriotiori, September 02, 2008, 07:20:20 am
Share this topic:
Riot Ken updated to version 2.99999 eh ok it's 3.0
#1  September 02, 2008, 07:20:20 am
Almost Copy/pasta from my mugen-infantry release:

READ THIS BEFORE DOWNLOADING!!

Well after 2 releases, i feel i got a decent amount of feedback from a few people on here, so i used it and hopefully produced a bit more balance within ken :)  Here is what's updated in this version:

- Roll Limiter (i had 2 choices here, make him vulnerable during the roll, or make him stop being able to spam the crap out of it, i chose the latter option.  I haven't tested the AI with these changes yet, but as far as human players go, you have to wait 30 ticks to do another roll, or a back roll, or a dash, it works for all 3 before or after all 3, it's about enough time to do a punch and a kick before being able to repeat. It's not a huge time period but it does stop you from spamming it over and over, it's a welcome improvement)

- Teledash Limiter ( read above post)

Added the move Junsui Tei Erubo (this is his "true stunning elbow".  He still has his original one, but now he can also do this one.  It looks the same as the old one, except this one is charged with energy and functions ala Sumi's Ryu's overhead attack.  This is an unblockable attack, and will stun you for a very long time (well long as far as game time is concerned), HOWEVER.  You need 500 power to do this attack, and it is VERY slow to come out and very easy to see coming.  Also to my knowledge you can not chain this move after any attack he has, if anyone finds one let me know and it will be fixed.  It's extremely useful but also very risky, a nice balanced move in the fact it's unblockable and stuns them, but it also opens up ken to be pwned should you miss this or they evade you or hit you prior to you connecting.)

I also gave you an easier to read "readme" for his move references, and explained alot of the hidden 'cancels' that for some odd reason no one seemed capable of finding before.  The huge ass readme is still in there for those who actually liked reading it heh, i suggest reading that one once or twice, and then using his reference guide while you fight.

I added a section for the knightmare mode to it although it is small, it does give you the commands for the supers and explains a bit how to use that mode.

I do NOT care about AI feedback for this thread, unless you find some huge glaring problem or issue with it, this release is just a gameplay update for him to hopefully balance him out and make him more enjoyable for everyone.  After having a long talk with LaQuak and a few others, i realized that people are never going to understand the little things, so i'm no longer going to worry about trying to get that point across.  So please keep your comments in reference to his gameplay improvements and any suggestions or ideas you may have regarding future updates.  Give me honest feedback, but keep it constructive and useful, Wild Tengu esque opinionated bullshit need not be posted here. :nonono:

Anyways, here are 2 download links, hopefully you can all get him off at least one of these :)

http://www.4shared.com/file/61404908/241be6ba/RiotKen.html

http://www.sendspace.com/file/py9rv1

Thanks to all of mugen-infantry for giving me so much fun and enjoyment out of mugen, and i hope that you will all enjoy the updated Riot Ken and will learn, master, and enjoy him :)
Re: Riot Ken updated to version 2.99999 eh ok it's 3.0
#2  September 02, 2008, 08:26:28 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/Masters/
-Hadouken need proper alignment. I.E it doesn't come out from the palms you know. Comes out from the elbow. Slight cosmetic touch up.
-Body slam throw. You can make p2 custom animation more fluid. Like instead of giving it just that animation that make it look like a dead fish you can use 5030/0,10,20,30,40,50 with like ticks of 6 and it will be cool. Slight cosmetic.
-Feels like he snaps to ground from QCF + K, especialy HK version.
-Delivery is there on this one. But feels rather cheesy to standing light punch/kick a falling opponent. Though it serves a purpose.
-Odd results on Uppercuting p2 in corners (crouch HP) and then holding forward and pressing hard punch for a standing uppercut you know. Sometimes can juggle for quite some time. Could be intended.
-To me personaly hitting a grounded opponent is cheesy, but it serves a purpose here.
-On Riot Ken side, the required animation are there no problem but he falls down really stiff, giving it some fluidness can be cool. Cosmetics, nothing more.

Gameplay wise, me personaly from my end. At 1st yeah hes quite hard to get around do because he launcher seems stiff but I was right in the zone with this one chain that required me to press atleast 7+ inputs by myself that opened possibily to other moves and chains and after a while the stiffness that I felt was gone (thats what she said LOL...kinda backwards on this one hahaha). Sure the hurricane kick is a auto 3-5 on the counter, whatever you know, but I liked getting to it with atleast me inuting those 6+ single buttons bymyself, thats whats key to me. If it has manual control but an automatic finish I overlook the automatic finish and look forward to doing it again with the manual aspect of the combo you know what I mean. That is there and I really liked that. Didn't look at the AI department for already said and obvious reasons.

To be honest with you....well you know what...There is God Akuma for most for an easy way out in Mugen.

*nods and walks away*
#3  September 02, 2008, 09:00:38 am
-Hadouken need proper alignment. I.E it doesn't come out from the palms you know. Comes out from the elbow. Slight cosmetic touch up.
-Body slam throw. You can make p2 custom animation more fluid. Like instead of giving it just that animation that make it look like a dead fish you can use 5030/0,10,20,30,40,50 with like ticks of 6 and it will be cool. Slight cosmetic.
-Feels like he snaps to ground from QCF + K, especialy HK version.
-Delivery is there on this one. But feels rather cheesy to standing light punch/kick a falling opponent. Though it serves a purpose.
-Odd results on Uppercuting p2 in corners (crouch HP) and then holding forward and pressing hard punch for a standing uppercut you know. Sometimes can juggle for quite some time. Could be intended.
-To me personaly hitting a grounded opponent is cheesy, but it serves a purpose here.
-On Riot Ken side, the required animation are there no problem but he falls down really stiff, giving it some fluidness can be cool. Cosmetics, nothing more.

Gameplay wise, me personaly from my end. At 1st yeah hes quite hard to get around do because he launcher seems stiff but I was right in the zone with this one chain that required me to press atleast 7+ inputs by myself that opened possibily to other moves and chains and after a while the stiffness that I felt was gone (thats what she said LOL...kinda backwards on this one hahaha). Sure the hurricane kick is a auto 3-5 on the counter, whatever you know, but I liked getting to it with atleast me inuting those 6+ single buttons bymyself, thats whats key to me. If it has manual control but an automatic finish I overlook the automatic finish and look forward to doing it again with the manual aspect of the combo you know what I mean. That is there and I really liked that. Didn't look at the AI department for already said and obvious reasons.

To be honest with you....well you know what...There is God Akuma for most for an easy way out in Mugen.

*nods and walks away*

i'll copy paste my response to you on mugen infantry too LaQuak.

- ah crap i forgot to fix the hadouken lol, i've been meaing too since like day one lol,  i'll get to it eventually ^_^

- ya that throw was SOOO Much better, but knightmare's hard drive crashed and we lost the uber sexy looking smooth one.  It's not a major concern since it's just a slight cosmetic thing, just like the hadouken, but it will be dealt with eventually as well.

- ya he falls fast after the qcf + k moves because if you think about it, if i were to have him fall slowly, or "float" down, he'd be HORRIBLY vulnerable, this just cuts down the time you have to hit him.  If you check out alot of MvC ken's, they don't fall too much slower then Riot Ken either, seems ok to me personally.

- i'm not sure what you mean by odd results, in the corner, the only shoryuken you should really be able to chain (unless you are in knightmare mode) is the weak one, and ONLY if you only let 1 hit of the move connect, anymore then that and the limiter kicks in and prevents you from repeating the move.  I'll check it out but it shouldn't be causing too much spammage.  It's intended to a degree but it shouldn't be overly ridiculous.

- ya i know some people don't like off the ground hits, but as you said, it's there for a reason here ^_^

- i'll try to add fluidity, but again, cosmetics aren't a major concern at the moment.  That's one nice thing about this, since it's my character, i can release as many small updates as needed :)

I'm happy you see how ken works now :)  Yes there are alot of auto combo moves, but the only way too really enjoy them and make the most use of them, is to manually go nuts on the chaining, and i know you of all people are all about teh comboz :sugoi:  Try out his knightmare mode, you can make MASSIVE combos that are just endless amounts of fun on here lol.  He has infinite juggle in this mode because the damage goes down to almost nothing after a while, it's more about having fun here :)  Yup i understand 100% what you mean, especially after our little talk.

And yup, if someone wants retarded cheapness and flash, then by all means, go play with God Akuma :)

Keep the comments coming and feedbackz!
#4  September 02, 2008, 09:47:26 am
  • I will absolve you of your original colors.
    • www.bluehitbox.com
-CROP images 40-50 in the sff

-Can juggle up to 5 times with the crouching hardpunch i got up to 185 damage in the corner

-Animation 5012 looks silly. The air hadoken plays a not so visually compatible hit animtion play the hit high instead of low looks better.

-Again about the hit recover animtion, they should all have a -1 as the time for the last animelem in the animation so it doesn't repeat on certain hittimes.

-Can't hold back to do the grab he has.

-I think it's funny that after the spinning kick test(whatever) hits you disable it for a certain amount of time, doesn't fell right. i think you should find another way with dealing with spam. Same thing with shoryuken.

-i think the fact that you put the opponent in a custom state for the air tatsupuken is not to good, that equals definite hit etc.

Found  a ridiculous combo do the spinning kick high in the corner jumo do it again tin the air........ repeat i got up to 348 could definitely go higher

-do spinning kick high in the corner juggle our opponent with low standing punches 250-300. can be done with all of the basics in the corner aswell leading from that range of damage.

-Do spinning kick high light stand punch a few times do shoryuken, light punch a few times do hadoken.. mix and match for these results

-alot of the velocities and pause time are weird and don't go right at all..especially QCB+ High punch feels extremely meh.....

-many of the the custom state/hitpause cazystate that i think are unnecessary leave the opponent open for many cheap juggling that lead to death if you keep it up, just keep doing a move that put in a custom state/hitpause cazystate and you win in no time at all.

-also the velocities and animations that the target goes into in mostly all of the custom states look wird and don' go right  IMO. the weird velocities mostly happen at the end.

-Well i could go into detail about everything he does but i'd be here for another hours writing and checking spelling mistakes.

My suggestions fix those custom state/hitpause cazystate they are poor, and sometimes look out of this world, at random times at times they look decent but that less than when they don't. Velocities on the various states he

-Now the moves that appear as customstates are a problem also and they lead to crazy juggling aswell the hittpause times on those are wow...

My main feedback resolves around your hitdefs, you hitdefs are not coded to fit the moves that contain them. the velsets too are crazy.

Last major concern When controlling ken just do one move that gets them high enough and juggle to death..literally to deat.

Gameplay & Cosmetics need some more work.

Cheers,RajaBoy

Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 09:53:00 am by Rajaa
#5  September 02, 2008, 10:45:30 am
-CROP images 40-50 in the sff

-Can juggle up to 5 times with the crouching hardpunch i got up to 185 damage in the corner

-Animation 5012 looks silly. The air hadoken plays a not so visually compatible hit animtion play the hit high instead of low looks better.

-Again about the hit recover animtion, they should all have a -1 as the time for the last animelem in the animation so it doesn't repeat on certain hittimes.

-Can't hold back to do the grab he has.

-I think it's funny that after the spinning kick test(whatever) hits you disable it for a certain amount of time, doesn't fell right. i think you should find another way with dealing with spam. Same thing with shoryuken.

-i think the fact that you put the opponent in a custom state for the air tatsupuken is not to good, that equals definite hit etc.

Found  a ridiculous combo do the spinning kick high in the corner jumo do it again tin the air........ repeat i got up to 348 could definitely go higher

-do spinning kick high in the corner juggle our opponent with low standing punches 250-300. can be done with all of the basics in the corner aswell leading from that range of damage.

-Do spinning kick high light stand punch a few times do shoryuken, light punch a few times do hadoken.. mix and match for these results

-alot of the velocities and pause time are weird and don't go right at all..especially QCB+ High punch feels extremely meh.....

-many of the the custom state/hitpause cazystate that i think are unnecessary leave the opponent open for many cheap juggling that lead to death if you keep it up, just keep doing a move that put in a custom state/hitpause cazystate and you win in no time at all.

-also the velocities and animations that the target goes into in mostly all of the custom states look wird and don' go right  IMO. the weird velocities mostly happen at the end.

-Well i could go into detail about everything he does but i'd be here for another hours writing and checking spelling mistakes.

My suggestions fix those custom state/hitpause cazystate they are poor, and sometimes look out of this world, at random times at times they look decent but that less than when they don't. Velocities on the various states he

-Now the moves that appear as customstates are a problem also and they lead to crazy juggling aswell the hittpause times on those are wow...

My main feedback resolves around your hitdefs, you hitdefs are not coded to fit the moves that contain them. the velsets too are crazy.

Last major concern When controlling ken just do one move that gets them high enough and juggle to death..literally to deat.

Gameplay & Cosmetics need some more work.

Cheers,RajaBoy

- i guess i didn't make note of the fact that in knightmare mode, there is "infinite" juggling.  I should note that just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should ^_^  If you wanna make a video of you fighting with ken and doing 250-300 light punches (which outside of knightmare mode you can not do), then go ahead, but it's just gonna get laughed at, know what i mean?  The damage dampener in his mode should reduce all damage to nearly nothing after a long combo, no plausible reason to sit there and do 100 hits for 1 damage each other then to be silly.

- The animations i will agree on, some do need fixed and tweaked, we'll look into those more for the next update.

- are you saying limiters aren't a good way to deal with spam?.... :-\ um....ya....

- from the sound of things, everything you mentioned as a problem, is a result of you being in his alternate mode, and doing douchy endless spam things just because you can, if any of these problems apply to his Riot mode (normal) then by all means let me know, but if you're just picking at "problems" you see in the knightmare mode because you don't know how it works, then i don't think they need attention really, that mode is more for people to have fun and make big combos without being cheap and douchy ^_^

- some of his juggle corner combos like the one you mentioned where you show the screen shot, i will admit are a bit much, i will look into fixing how long he can hold you in the corner with various things.

- you're talking about a move...the QCB + punch move, do you even have ANY idea why it looks the way it looks?  Did you try it in knightmare mode and try doing a mid combo roman cancel?  Did you attempt to cancel at the PRECISE moment that you're able to, in his normal mode, into his dash super?  I'm willing to bet not, as did no one else who previously labeled this a "poorly animated move" because no one has taken the time, after 3 releases, to pick him apart and learn what makes him tick lol.

- i'm not sure what you mean by "weird" velocities, every single velocity either on ken, or what ken makes the opponent do, are there for a specific reason.

- it sounds more like you're saying "this is what ken does but this is what he should do and here's how it should look" more like you're trying to customize him to your own playstyle, which is fine in theory, but i made him the way i wanted and knightmare put his things in the way he wanted, because it's how we play, and it's how we have fun.  This is mugen afterall ^_^

- ill take a look into the custom state "problem" as well, although this is the first i've heard about it being a problem.

Thank you for the honest feedback and i will look into that which i feel merits looking into  :buttrox:

Keep it coming people.

I'lll post this on mugen infantry also.
#6  September 02, 2008, 11:02:59 am
    • www.bluehitbox.com
- i guess i didn't make note of the fact that in knightmare mode, there is "infinite" juggling.  I should note that just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should.
Yes it think you should.

- are you saying limiters aren't a good way to deal with spam?.... :-\ um....ya....
I think not being able to do the move is not good.
- you're talking about a move...the QCB + punch move, do you even have ANY idea why it looks the way it looks?  Did you try it in knightmare mode and try doing a mid combo roman cancel?  Did you attempt to cancel at the PRECISE moment that you're able to, in his normal mode, into his dash super?  I'm willing to bet not, as did no one else who previously labeled this a "poorly animated move" because no one has taken the time, after 3 releases, to pick him apart and learn what makes him tick lol.
Still i think it looks silly, what if don't fell like comboing?
- i'm not sure what you mean by "weird" velocities, every single velocity either on ken, or what ken makes the opponent do, are there for a specific reason.
i think some velocities are too incompatible with the move,they sometimes kick in late.
- it sounds more like you're saying "this is what ken does but this is what he should do and here's how it should look" more like you're trying to customize him to your own playstyle, which is fine in theor.
Naaa.. i don't play with kens and ryu's.

Cheers,RaajBoy :blank:
#7  September 02, 2008, 12:13:34 pm
    • clubsyn-x-treme.net/Rev2.1/index.php?topic=32.0
thanks for the update
#8  September 02, 2008, 06:33:21 pm
- i guess i didn't make note of the fact that in knightmare mode, there is "infinite" juggling.  I should note that just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should.
Yes it think you should.

I think not being able to do the move is not good.
Still i think it looks silly, what if don't fell like comboing?
i think some velocities are too incompatible with the move,they sometimes kick in late.
- it sounds more like you're saying "this is what ken does but this is what he should do and here's how it should look" more like you're trying to customize him to your own playstyle, which is fine in theor.
Naaa.. i don't play with kens and ryu's.

Cheers,RaajBoy :blank:

lol i'll address each quoted thing in order:

- lol now it just sounds like you're trying to sound silly.

- not being able to do the move is nessicary so that you can't do infinites on the ground, that's common sense for any character.

- if you don't feel like comboing during or after the move, then don't....that's pretty simple.

- other then a super occasionally missing (which is generally due to the size of the character he's doing it to, not his velocities), i've never seen any "kick in later".

- and you're nit picking apart a character you don't understand..when you don't even play with kens and ryus?  Alright...

i've got a news flash dude, and i say this only because this is the way you responded last time to Riot Ken.  Just because YOU think something is one way or should be one way or look one way, doesn't mean that it should ;)
#9  September 02, 2008, 06:40:49 pm
calm down boys i see something stirring here.

in conclusion to what rajaa is saying i'll check it out and see if he has any valid points. that should make someone happy :)

EDIT: i can still spam the roll with the right amount of timing although i realise 30 ticks isnt much maybe you  shud either just make it 60 ticks or make him non invincible towards the end of the roll.
Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 06:46:30 pm by M:ken
#10  September 02, 2008, 06:55:48 pm
calm down boys i see something stirring here.

in conclusion to what rajaa is saying i'll check it out and see if he has any valid points. that should make someone happy :)

EDIT: i can still spam the roll with the right amount of timing although i realise 30 ticks isnt much maybe you  shud either just make it 60 ticks or make him non invincible towards the end of the roll.

main point of this release was to get feedback on the roll and dash limiters, and for people to try out the new move and tell me what they think, so thank you ^_^  I wasn't sure if 30 was too fast still, so i'll work on in a bit more :)

and Rajaa, one final note, this is something you said on the LAST Riot Ken release thread on MI:

wrong there is no proper way to fight..

and thats the last thing i'll ever say about this AI.

Cheers,Rajaboy

First you say there's no wrong way to fight, now you're commenting on the fact you think some of the ways Ken does things and what people can do with him are wrong lol.

M.Ken, we're not stirring anything up here, i just really don't like opinionated FORCEFUL feedback, in the form of "this is wrong, now fix it and do it the way i say", because that's what i read stuff like that as.  Too much time around Wild Tengu i suppose.
Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 07:19:47 pm by bloodriotiori
#11  September 02, 2008, 07:25:11 pm
hey i know what you mean and after playing with him for a while testing out a few combos and such he seems fne to me and anyways you wanted feedback onnew elements so i'll deliver wat i can

for that new stun elbow, dunno if you said this but the spark needs trans or at least it looks as if it does if not then maybe you could find a better spark but the move itself is okay although their isnt much difference in the animation for the normal one so maybe you shud add a longer recovery time to give this move moe risk to the user a it allows opponent s to  be stunned for quite a while.

other then that i 'll see wat else i can dig up
#12  September 02, 2008, 07:57:39 pm
hey i know what you mean and after playing with him for a while testing out a few combos and such he seems fne to me and anyways you wanted feedback onnew elements so i'll deliver wat i can

for that new stun elbow, dunno if you said this but the spark needs trans or at least it looks as if it does if not then maybe you could find a better spark but the move itself is okay although their isnt much difference in the animation for the normal one so maybe you shud add a longer recovery time to give this move moe risk to the user a it allows opponent s to  be stunned for quite a while.

other then that i 'll see wat else i can dig up

thanks sir.  Ya the animation is the same, just because it's a more powerful version of what he had before ^_^  The spark actually has an afterimage on it, it's hard to explain the look i was going for but it didn't come out the way i was hoping, i wanted it kind of like sumi's ryu's overhead smash spark but meh :/  Best i could find for the time being heh.  Maybe i will add a bit longer recovery time at the end so that he's more vulnerable if he misses :)

Yup keep that feed back coming please :)  And if you wouldn't mind, go post this and my response on MI, i'd like to keep it all on both places so all can read it ;)
#13  September 02, 2008, 09:40:52 pm
    • www.bluehitbox.com
Jahan Dhua Hai Aag bhi hai = Where there is smoke there is fire too.
#14  September 04, 2008, 03:49:57 am
i can not believe that no one else has any useful feedback on this character -_-
#15  September 04, 2008, 04:02:57 am
    • Peru
Join the club, I can't believe no one posted anything on my ryu thread... --;

Dling now though, will get back to ya if I find anything wrong or whatever.
Millie, "Ozy and Millie" said:
"I think there are really three types of people: "Glass is half-full" sorts of people, "Glass is half-empty" sorts of people,
and people who will spit into the glass until that's fixed."
#16  September 04, 2008, 06:16:14 am
Join the club, I can't believe no one posted anything on my ryu thread... --;

Dling now though, will get back to ya if I find anything wrong or whatever.

kk kewl, you can post any suggestions or opinions you have as well, even if it's not something "wrong" just don't post Wild Tengu style with the "this is wrong and it's because i say so and not because it's actually wrong" style ;)
#17  September 04, 2008, 03:57:46 pm
    • Peru
I can see that the CLSNs are overreacted in many animations and that the stance CLSNs don't exactly go well with the animation.

Also, the forward+medium kick can be spammed infinitely. This can be fixed easily by just putting trigger1 = p2stateno != <<p2's custom state when he bounces off>>. It's pretty funny to see my friends annoyed by it ;D , but it's unfair.

I like the comboabillity with this character, he's very fun. I also like the way you made the d b d b punch super faster than before and how you limited the juggle. Overall, he has indeed improved, but you gotta consider using less automatic clsn adding and more clsn saving. Auto-adding can always overreact with the quantity of clsns implemented.

For example:

The lower image is the way to go. :P I see you already did this for walk forward and walk backward for example, you should do it for the rest as well. Having a clean character is a nice feeling indeed. :)

Can't wait for another update, keep us posted. ;)
Millie, "Ozy and Millie" said:
"I think there are really three types of people: "Glass is half-full" sorts of people, "Glass is half-empty" sorts of people,
and people who will spit into the glass until that's fixed."
#18  September 04, 2008, 06:19:58 pm
I can see that the CLSNs are overreacted in many animations and that the stance CLSNs don't exactly go well with the animation.

Also, the forward+medium kick can be spammed infinitely. This can be fixed easily by just putting trigger1 = p2stateno != <<p2's custom state when he bounces off>>. It's pretty funny to see my friends annoyed by it ;D , but it's unfair.

I like the comboabillity with this character, he's very fun. I also like the way you made the d b d b punch super faster than before and how you limited the juggle. Overall, he has indeed improved, but you gotta consider using less automatic clsn adding and more clsn saving. Auto-adding can always overreact with the quantity of clsns implemented.

For example:

The lower image is the way to go. :P I see you already did this for walk forward and walk backward for example, you should do it for the rest as well. Having a clean character is a nice feeling indeed. :)

Can't wait for another update, keep us posted. ;)

hehe ya i feel ya, i told knightmare we should set that kick back to a random bounce like it used to be, we just never got around to it, but this confirms my suspicions that it should be, thank you  ;D  I'll either adjust it your way, or by making it go back to being a random bounce ;D

i'm glad someone noticed the different speeds on the qcbx2 punch supers :) I figured by giving him 3 different speeds to go along with the 3 different supers, it gives you more variety and gives each one more of a use, just like his 3 air supers :D

I honestly didn't even realize i had alot of auto clsn's in there, it might have been left over from before heh, i'll go through and see which sprites have it on there and adjust some of them as needed ^_^
#19  September 07, 2008, 06:04:18 pm
  • Complex
    • Panama
    • Skype - lopezantispam@hotmail.com
I like this char his AI is very challenging and gives problems for defeat him I really like to fight against this char  :sugoi: I need to see this update in action

See ya
#20  January 10, 2009, 12:36:07 am
the only prob i guess would be that he slides back after every hit making it harder to finish combos