YesNoOk

mugen character maker (Read 11444 times)

Started by denzel-crocker, November 21, 2008, 03:14:02 pm
Share this topic:
mugen character maker
#1  November 21, 2008, 03:14:02 pm
hi im new here, i've always wanted to make a fighting game but mugen was too hard for me(the coding especially) but a few minutes ago i came across a character maker and i think i understand the tabs except for the "act" part. what's it for? is there a good tutorial for the mugen maker? thanks guys!
Re: mugen character maker
#2  November 21, 2008, 03:17:23 pm
    • Thailand
what is the name of this program? is i fighter fatory? if so

search Youtube "ultimate mugen tutorials"; some english guy explains pretty well how to get started using fighter factory. if it's not fighter factory...the i don't know what you're talking about.
#3  November 21, 2008, 03:18:52 pm
it's called "Mugen Character Maker + SFE editor", i'll look up fighter factory thanks.
#4  November 22, 2008, 04:25:54 pm
  • food...
yeah, you want fighter factory, MCM (mugen character maker) isn't exactly 'finished'. its perfectly useable, its just that fighter factory is better for newbies like you and me.
holy crap, i'm back and stuff... if anyone cares.
#5  December 05, 2008, 12:40:08 am
  • I'm already Tracer
    • Canada
mugen editing ensemble is nice too, its like mugen character maker, but is excellent for sffs
#6  December 13, 2008, 07:50:36 am
Oh, that would have been Mugen Character Maker by sés (http://ses.mgbr.net/ currently offline).

IIRC, the ACT tab is for defining the color palette. If that's the case, "ACT" stands for Adobe Color Table, a format used by Photoshop and other programs to save color palettes.

Basically, the color of your sprites is governed by a color palette of up to 255 colors (hopefully a single global palette per character for better color management etc). Usually (KOF, SF3 and others do this), each individual sprite has up to 15 colors plus transparency. Colors that are just a color index that refers to the palette.

Having colors organized in a palette will help you with things like palette swaps, effects, etc.
#7  December 30, 2008, 09:09:59 am
    • www.youtube.com/unknownally
I'm currently using Graphics Gale for animating my sprites from scratch.
Its a good program, but the setting transparency so I can see the last frame I'm animating from is a lil weak.

Anyone recommend a good program for drawing with layers?

Photoshop is good but lacks pens, paint, etc.
-UnknownAlly
#8  December 30, 2008, 11:42:47 am
  • Sunglasses Security Guy is watching you necrobump.
    • x-ism.co.cc/index.html
I can't seem to use MCM at all, hence why I prefer FF and MEE.

Though Fighter Factory acts weird once in a while, so it's not the most reliable.