YesNoOk

My sprites, edits and animations (Read 2831 times)

Started by Guillotine, August 15, 2019, 03:17:17 pm
Re: My sprites, edits and animations
#21  September 12, 2019, 08:21:14 am
    • deathscythemugen.neocities.org
I see you're working more with shading on some parts (belly and belt for example) instead of moving them, which turns out very good. This is something I have some trouble with when animating. Everything looks really smooth, good work. :D
#22  September 12, 2019, 12:41:11 pm
Thanks, and yes that's how it is for small movements, suggest it with shading and actually move parts very sparingly.

9mb

#23  September 12, 2019, 02:15:20 pm

Thanks you all, much appreciated.

So this was a project at a time I guess til I got bored, and I think a Rocky came out about that time in mugen with pretty nice sprites, and I lost interest even more. Looking at it now, the arm and especially shoulder design from the 2k striker is pretty convoluted and kind of hard to convey properly in the resolution given, or maybe I just don't like it. If I had to do it now I'd change the design to a simpler form, or directly to the Robo Army design with just 3 holes in the shoulder and different details, just tried this in the last sprite.

I think Rocky is a robot, walking is not suitable for it (?) maybe gear sliding is more suitable. :)
I am Chinese!打倒一切洋奴,慕洋犬和港台毒!
#24  September 12, 2019, 03:47:50 pm
    • USA
I posted in the past a similar RB stance for Krauser, but the chest movement was exaggerated and the arms were mostly static and it didn't quite work out. Now I tried it again with more subtle movement for both body and arms, I believe this is my best shot. Everytime I have to work on hands at this resolution I have a renewed respect for pixel artists that know what to do with them.

Would be cool to be able to use this, only it’s looks as though he has a ponytail. Unless you have a sheet of this version.
#25  September 12, 2019, 04:33:13 pm
I posted in the past a similar RB stance for Krauser, but the chest movement was exaggerated and the arms were mostly static and it didn't quite work out. Now I tried it again with more subtle movement for both body and arms, I believe this is my best shot. Everytime I have to work on hands at this resolution I have a renewed respect for pixel artists that know what to do with them.

Would be cool to be able to use this, only it’s looks as though he has a ponytail. Unless you have a sheet of this version.
ohh I can see that, there's both a separation and the shading suggests the form. I'll try to fix it in a bit.

edit : There you go, should be fine now

Thanks you all, much appreciated.

So this was a project at a time I guess til I got bored, and I think a Rocky came out about that time in mugen with pretty nice sprites, and I lost interest even more. Looking at it now, the arm and especially shoulder design from the 2k striker is pretty convoluted and kind of hard to convey properly in the resolution given, or maybe I just don't like it. If I had to do it now I'd change the design to a simpler form, or directly to the Robo Army design with just 3 holes in the shoulder and different details, just tried this in the last sprite.

I think Rocky is a robot, walking is not suitable for it (?) maybe gear sliding is more suitable. :)

Rocky walks in Robo Army though! But for running, I would do as you say.
Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 05:52:02 pm by Guillotine
#26  September 16, 2019, 07:00:03 pm
Here's NGBC Ryo in classic AOF stance, also in the second gif a lazy attempt at XIII beginning of the stance animation when getting back from an attack, surprisingly hard to describe little thing.

#27  September 17, 2019, 06:43:41 pm
  • Dante for Smash
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
Pretty smooth stance.

Dante for Smash