YesNoOk

Rare Akuma Lvl 2 (Read 11947 times)

Started by Kyran, November 19, 2009, 03:31:31 pm
Share this topic:
Rare Akuma Lvl 2
#1  November 19, 2009, 03:31:31 pm
Happy holidays!

I'd like to thank P.o.t.S for the wonderful code to play with, Proxicide and that earthworm dude for awesome flash animations, and Toriyama too for raising my expectations in fighting games.

Maybe many of you aren't old enough to remember the hurricane kick's first appearance in the 80's arcade hit Double Dragon II, but Rare Akuma's tatsumaki super combo really shines. I wanted a fighter of this intensity, and so I ripped out the funny stuff and made him a bit more mortal. So here's the details.

WARNING:  semi-cheap character ahead.

Chain Super Combos

*  Supers always cost 1000 energy
*  Level 1 supers must connect before a level 2 can be executed; same for level 3
*  Level 3 supers can be uninterruptible (via custom states)
*  Fireball supers do not have limitations on connection
*  Chain supers fast to prevent the opponent from overcoming them, unless he's out of energy

Z-Fighting

*  Fast interruptible standard attacks and specials, also known as "infinites"
*  Combo-escape teleports cost 500 energy; C+Z (Optional arrow keys)
*  Auto-combo-escapes will occur when comboed to save you from humiliation/damage
*  Counter combo-escapes with DD+P cost no energy
*  Combo-escapes can backfire against you if your opponent is against the wall
*  Teleporting can be cancelled into specials, supers, rolls
*  Avoiding long chain combos is suggested

Balance

*  Newtonian-derived damage formula for normal attacks, some moves based on velocity
   - Damage based on character max_life (mass), if you wish to use in your own characters
   - See system.st file for necessary vars
*  Super combos do not add energy
*  Full triad of super combos should eliminate opponent at 100% life setting
*  Super Combo damage ranges:  Lvl 1 (300-500), Lvl 2 (400-600), Lvl 3 (500-750)

I'd also like to thank ZanRyu and a couple Youtube posters for inspiring me to name this edit Rare Akuma Lvl 2.

Readme file containing movelist and other documentation for coders included.

This character marks the beginning of the Rare Lvl 2 series. Enjoy, kiddies!  8)

You can preview gameplay footage (of a much older version) here:
www.youtube.com/kyranjaxipun

Download RAR from eSnips:  11,111KB
http://www.esnips.com/web/kyranjaxipun
Re: Rare Akuma Lvl 2
#2  November 19, 2009, 09:16:40 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Ripped out the funny stuff?  So you pretty much made him....not Rare Akuma?  Thus destroying the whole point of the character?
#3  November 19, 2009, 09:30:40 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
You turned his teleport out of combos a system, left him with all-chains and made a system out of that? What was the point? Hes a bit like rare akuma version 1.

I dont really get the point..its like you added more of shin akuma to rare akuma? The char has a huge repository for odd codes, you removed most of it.
#4  November 19, 2009, 10:37:33 pm
  • Why are pokemon being mistreated?
 aafter playing with him for about 5 mins, he is a little to fast. not a problem though, as that can fixed easily. This rare akuma is like a combo machine lol
Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 10:51:29 pm by Ayumi FAN
#5  November 19, 2009, 11:26:36 pm
  • Just too much work for one reaper
Is this some kind of a "live action" Rare Akuma?
14 characters.
#6  November 20, 2009, 01:58:43 am
@Iced:  The point is to have intense fighting...maybe a little revenge against small asian boys who beat me in arcade games too...but I play guitar and FPS games, so my adrenaline fix is probably exponentially higher than everyone else's! Let me point out a couple things for ya, anyway. Lvl 2 supers are designed to counter combo-escape teleports, while only Lvl 3 supers are allowed to use custom states; it's a presentation format meant to be eye-candy and effective. The character also has a formula for damage (for normal attacks) derived from the newtonian equation, parry, AI improvements such as the ability to aim the dive kick super and some preference to conserve energy to unload higher super combo chains, and some new animations and attacks.

I know RAL2 doesn't have a Dr. Octagonapus or a Beebo the Cat What Has Facial Hair to throw on your face, but (LOL) I did enjoy learning Mugen code from developing this character, and I do like it fast.

@Raiyou:  Would you be mad if I told you the point was to see how many people would expect a joke character? :)

@Ayumi Fan:  Funny thing about muscle memory. If you're accustomed to perfectly pulling off street fighter motions, then you'll be able to do them at higher speeds as well. RAL2 should feel like an electric if you've been playing an acoustic.
#7  November 20, 2009, 02:02:48 am
  • Why are pokemon being mistreated?
i know know --;.... ;D
#8  November 20, 2009, 02:06:14 am
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.

@Raiyou:  Would you be mad if I told you the point was to see how many people would expect a joke character? :)

Could you blame them? "Rare Akuma" Implies cheap, joke character.
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#9  November 20, 2009, 02:08:38 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Thats why we picked the name even, it was a parody of evil characters, it was either that or Really evil mean akuma person. I just think you will end up with characters that play a lot alike, and you would be better off starting from a shin gouki than to go from a Rare into that. seeing him float up and down after being dead even looks silly after all his other joke bits got torn out.
#10  November 20, 2009, 11:53:37 am
@Iced,

Well if I knew Mugen code two years ago like I do now, I probably would~ have started with Shin Gouki. This is my first character ever. I can Rare a character with very little effort now; it just takes time to come up with decent lvl 2 supers. Oh well. I did overlook the floating anim. No biggie.

You should see Bison warp from his headstomp directly into kick-throwing someone from behind. It takes determination to use your opponent as the floor. Actually Bison does very well using Chameleon as his royal carpet. Bison's got some very fun-to-spam ground offense too.

@History

LOL, well it makes it much easier to laugh at them when they're angry, that's for sure.

Okay, people, even though I've sorely disappointed your expectations for my own amusement, you haven't complained about the usual stuff like debug flood, missing frames, hitbox spam, and flaws that make characters unplayable. I'll accept your silence on the character's actual features and artwork as proof you're reluctant to admit you love him and want more. Happy holidays!
#11  November 20, 2009, 12:12:42 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Your effort into making a system you deem original enough is a good thing, nothing wrong with that, why would people complain? =p
its just the choice of bases that is odd, like trying to learn english from a youtube poop.

Anyways, my advice? Get a name that describe your intent better and attempt to make a couple other chars with that system trying to narrow down the gameplay more in order to get the characters acting uniquely when compared to each other.
#12  November 20, 2009, 12:17:53 pm
    • Portugal
    • network.mugenguild.com/pots/
You made balance fixes? Shouldn't it be Rare Akuma 1/2 Lvl then? ;P [size=06pt]Rare Akuma Saotome[/size]
You can help with Ikemen GO's development by trying out the latest development build and reporting any bugs on GitHub.
My Mugen and Ikemen content can also be found here.
Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 12:21:03 pm by PotS
#13  November 20, 2009, 05:33:08 pm
    • ghostpicturesofcemeterys.blogspot.com/
just wondering.and dont get me wrong,i like him alot...but why does he not have the shungokusatsu  o_O ???

JNi

#14  November 20, 2009, 06:02:23 pm
    • JonathanAM.webs.com
I would download if it were not so powerful and fast,
the only thing I liked was the combo system

«latest release on: December,25,2009,»
#15  November 21, 2009, 12:54:15 am
  • Three times thicker font than a normal user.
Imagine a zanguief runing to attack ryu, ryu does a quick+kind of weak fast punch and hit the chest of zanguief, will this punch be enough to zanguief say/think \"oh no, this punch hurted a little, I better stop the attack and put my hand on my chest to help contain the pain while ignoring if ryu is going to make other attacks now"

Cenobite 53 said:
If someone isn't able to get girls laid, why buying this exorcist needing piece of retardet piece of bullshit an not wisiting his local red light district. For that money he could  :hump: tons of hookers.
#16  November 21, 2009, 01:43:30 am
  • Professional Gorilla
  • Ook ook!
    • USA
    • thezaius.wixsite.com/stuff
Only one character should send their opponent to Hell...

AKUMA.
My MUGEN and Minecraft site.
People need to stop using 4Shared, already.
#17  November 21, 2009, 02:23:34 am
@PotS

Haha. A file name cannot contain any of the following characters:  \/ : * ? " < > |

And no sir, I'm not claiming any balance fixes~; I listed balance to be clear on damage, as in "how balanced" the character is.

Btw what is Saotome?

@Iced,

I'll take that as another compliment..."learning English~ from Youtube poop." LOL. Keep em coming. It's too late to rename the character though, so you might as well join in the fun.

@dcory

It's a lvl 3, and it's Shun Gojira Satsu. See the documentation RTF file for a complete move list. I think I forgot to compliment PotS for making this an "instant transmission" attack, which is awesome, and I should document that it has a 99% success rate, because I've dodged it.

@Jonathan

I am~ looking for feedback on the damage, but the video examples used a much older (more powerful) version of RAL2, and I'll need specific information before I can properly tweak the numbers. If anyone else is concerned about damage, be aware that distance slightly increases damage for standstill normal attacks due to the Newtonian equation; i.e. relative distance (x/y) over constant time (the anim) means relative force (joules). I can't tell if the numbers are high, but they can be easily managed in the System.st file.
#18  November 21, 2009, 02:45:58 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
@PotS

Haha. A file name cannot contain any of the following characters:  \/ : * ? " < > |

And no sir, I'm not claiming any balance fixes~; I listed balance to be clear on damage, as in "how balanced" the character is.

Btw what is Saotome?
The 1/2 it's a pun to Ranma 1/2, an anime with a protagonist named Ranma Saotome.
#19  November 21, 2009, 08:39:13 pm
    • ghostpicturesofcemeterys.blogspot.com/
aha...i see it now,thank you for clearing that up Kyran,and just so anyone that doesnt want to download him..i can say that he is beatable,fast yes,crazy yes...but still beatable.