YesNoOk

Do Your Part To Make Bad Code A Thing Of The Past (Read 2729 times)

Started by aokmaniac13, November 18, 2009, 05:08:28 pm
Share this topic:
Do Your Part To Make Bad Code A Thing Of The Past
#1  November 18, 2009, 05:08:28 pm
  • Just a butcher on a mission
    • www.justnopoint.com/lbends
http://codeoffsets.com/
By purchasing bad code offsets you not only rid yourself of the guilt and shame of writing horrendous code, but you also support open source projects (which are coded well) and reduce your overall bad code footprint!

Of course, I didn't buy any 'cause my code is FLAWLESS  8)

Bea

Re: Do Your Part To Make Bad Code A Thing Of The Past
#2  November 18, 2009, 05:27:02 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
http://codeoffsets.com/
By purchasing bad code offsets you not only rid yourself of the guilt and shame of writing horrendous code, but you also support open source projects (which are coded well) and reduce your overall bad code footprint!

EH?  o_O
EH?  o_O

I have seem a great share of open source projects with awful code!
As long as there are coders, there will be bad code. And given what Colleges are spilling out nowadays, things are only going to get worse until those youngsters get some experience. :P

I fail to see how donating money to open source projects would get rid of bad code.
Let us spend our money to have colleges get back to C and C++ when teaching youngsters! Let them suffer! Make them cry! Teach them the horrors of memory leak!

Then we'll have good coders. :P
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#3  November 18, 2009, 06:00:17 pm
#4  November 18, 2009, 06:08:02 pm
    • USA
I'd pefer to ask the Mugen veterans such as PotS, Rajaa, Hadobuser and Warasaki on how to code. Besides, my commerical arts class is already teaching me C and C++ for free, theres no way in Hell im paying/donating money to learn how to code.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#5  November 18, 2009, 06:11:04 pm
theres no way in Hell im paying/donating money to learn how to code.
No, you're not paying to learn how to code, you're paying so you won't NEED to learn.

And you get paper versions of these!
#6  November 18, 2009, 06:17:49 pm
    • USA
Still, its a good thing to learn code IF you plan on being a game designer, which I want to become. The people who've created this engine learned C and C++ to create an engine, so why can't I learn it for myself? If I were working with Nintendo and could not do code without this engine, I'm pretty much labeled useless.

Also, I'm not bashing this engine, I think its great for those who want to create Mugen characters and stages without learning all the hassle of C and C++. But for myself, I think I'll pass this time around.
#7  November 18, 2009, 07:03:47 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I'd pefer to ask the Mugen veterans such as PotS, Rajaa, Hadobuser and Warasaki on how to code. Besides, my commerical arts class is already teaching me C and C++ for free, theres no way in Hell im paying/donating money to learn how to code.

I don't think any of them can code in those languages.
#8  November 19, 2009, 06:22:26 am
  • all is love in fair and war
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

reckless typos like this will make you deppressed in coding I guess....
just be an artist like me, much forgiving, and on the surface, gamers nowadays care more on the textures than the game mechanic anyway.
#9  November 19, 2009, 06:26:07 pm
    • USA
navetsea link=topic=108498.msg1012831#msg1012831 said:

just be an artist like me, much forgiving, and on the surface, gamers nowadays care more on the textures than the game mechanic anyway.
This. I agree, so many people want to be game designers/mugen creators but do not want to learn the mechanics of coding the character. Its just so funny, the fact that you want to create games but do not want to go into the effort to learn to code the character/game.

Mog

#10  November 19, 2009, 07:38:08 pm
Three times I looked at this, 3 times I wondered what any of this had to do with bad Coke.

I need a vacation (preferably one involving lots of sun and some JD clone poolboys, warm oil, chilled fruit...oh nevermind)

:bow:
#11  November 20, 2009, 12:25:24 am
  • all is love in fair and war
navetsea link=topic=108498.msg1012831#msg1012831 said:

This. I agree, so many people want to be game designers/mugen creators but do not want to learn the mechanics of coding the character. Its just so funny, the fact that you want to create games but do not want to go into the effort to learn to code the character/game.

hey you are not working alone in making any game, unless we're talking about mugen character, still
and the artist got their name first on the credit list!
everybody know akiman, shinkiro, etc. but who are the programmers?
#12  November 24, 2009, 09:07:35 am
  • In after lock
    • mugenguild.com/~messatsu/index.html
I fail to see how donating money to open source projects would get rid of bad code.
Let us spend our money to have colleges get back to C and C++ when teaching youngsters! Let them suffer! Make them cry! Teach them the horrors of memory leak!

Then we'll have good coders.
My college did only that and we hardly ever had to write more than 20-50 lines of code for a week long assignment.  Not that I'm bad or anything, but I would have LOVED to have one class where we'd actually program a production scale application.

Many people risk their lives everyday by having Mugen.