YesNoOk

Snoopy (Read 38602 times)

Started by kaido, December 03, 2009, 01:33:22 am
Snoopy
#1  December 03, 2009, 01:33:22 am
    • www.cameraslens.com
Snoopy is one of favorite characters from when I was a kid. I always planned on making a Snoopy for MUGEN, but haven't ever found the time and don't ever foresee having time in the future either. I'd love to see Snoopy made for this game, however, so I thought I would share the plans and ideas I had for him to the MUGEN community. Unfortunately there isn't any games out there that feature Snoopy to my knowledge, so his sprites would have to be drawn from scratch. Fortunately he’s an extremely easy character to draw and I don’t believe it would be hard for an experienced spriter to create him.

Specials:
-Throw dog dish, tennis racket, type writer, pumpkin, turkey, Charlie Brown’s Christmas tree, Schroeder's piano at opponent (randomly thrown)
-Woodstock comes flying out to attack opponent
-Whips Linus' blanket at opponent
-Baseball Snoopy hits baseball at opponent - baseball comes from off-screen and snoopy hits it towards opponent
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Hyper:
-Aerial ace snoopy gets on his dog house, flies through the air shooting at the opponent wherever they go, before being shot full of bullets and crashing to the ground while shaking his fist in the air.
-Beagle Scout Snoopy comes out from one side of the screen through the screen with a whole lot of yellow birds behind him. Similar to Servbot lunchline special.
Taunt:
-Turns into Joe Cool, leans against the edge of the screen

Win pose:
-Does his happy dance with the Peanuts theme playing in the background
-Points at opponent and laughs
-In the Batman outfit: Linus comes out and says "Oh my god, they killed Val Kilmer!" (maybe)

Crouching:
-Snoopy gets on all fours low to the ground, when you move forward or backward he prowls close to the ground like he does in the great pumpkin before rising from the pumpkin patch.

Palettes:
1. Snoopy
2. Joe Cool
3. Aerial Ace
4. Baseball Snoopy
5. Beagle Scout Snoopy
6. Batman Snoopy (maybe)
7. Sherlock Holmes Snoopy (maybe)
Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 06:47:20 pm by kaido
Re: Snoopy
#2  December 03, 2009, 02:38:48 am
  • The Mugen Philosopher!
    • Canada
    • www.freewebs.com/realreaper3
awesome concecpt you could draw the sprites in paint
Welcome to the House of Fighting.
#3  December 05, 2009, 06:01:38 pm
    • www.cameraslens.com
I have the sound effect for the flying ace special ripped and ready for editing. Yeah I know it's a ridiculously big file, I'll compress it later if I have time. I'm going to put the link up here for the file because I'm not sure how far on this project I will go. Just in case I never finish it, at least the materials to create the character will be available for others.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/v72jb8

Edit:
Since I had a little bit of free time, I also went ahead and edited the music that he will dance to when he wins. It came from the Peanuts Theme song.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/jj9lgu

Also, here is a sound effect for when he hits a baseball:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/6bsk69
Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 10:09:16 pm by kaido
#4  December 05, 2009, 06:12:16 pm
  • Oh, man... I blew it real bad this time.
    • russellshideout.webs.com/
Sweet! I love that Idea!

ROCK ON, BRO!
#5  December 07, 2009, 09:30:33 pm
    • www.cameraslens.com
Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 12:36:25 am by kaido
#6  December 08, 2009, 09:43:33 pm
Hey, Kaido! I have a surprise for you................

A portrait for your "dream" character!

ROCK ON, BRO!
#7  December 08, 2009, 11:42:26 pm
    • www.cameraslens.com
Sweet! Thanks bro!  :sugoi:
#8  December 09, 2009, 12:04:51 am
You're Welcome!  ;)

ROCK ON, BRO!
#9  December 11, 2009, 03:27:20 pm
    • www.cameraslens.com
I might use these as sprites, I can't really decide how hard it'll be to edit them. They still need a few touch-ups but other than that they look ok to me. Still not sure how far I'll get on this project, but I'll leave everything up for someone to use if I never do finish it.
Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 04:13:43 pm by kaido
#10  December 17, 2009, 08:27:10 pm
Here's an Intro you should do, You should do it by Snoopy (As The Flying Ace) fly down and land to the ground. And when he does, He gets off and get ready to fight by doing a warm-up.

ROCK ON, BRO!
#11  December 17, 2009, 08:28:21 pm
I might use these as sprites, I can't really decide how hard it'll be to edit them. They still need a few touch-ups but other than that they look ok to me. Still not sure how far I'll get on this project, but I'll leave everything up for someone to use if I never do finish it.

I don't mean to say this, But you can ask someone to help you with the sprites.........

ROCK ON, BRO!
#12  December 17, 2009, 10:01:16 pm
  • The Mugen Philosopher!
    • Canada
#13  December 18, 2009, 03:01:46 pm
    • www.cameraslens.com
I don't really care who uses or works on sprites for him. I highly doubt a skilled spriter is going to take the time and help me create sprites for a character that needs to be made from scratch. I'm gonna stick with what I know I can probably do. I am still gonna use them as sprites even if the character as a whole in the end is going to be used only by me. *shrug* If it doesn't work out, oh well, at least I tried.

I like your intro idea tho, thanks I'll keep it in mind.
Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 03:04:48 pm by kaido
#14  December 18, 2009, 09:48:38 pm
I don't really care who uses or works on sprites for him. I highly doubt a skilled spriter is going to take the time and help me create sprites for a character that needs to be made from scratch. I'm gonna stick with what I know I can probably do. I am still gonna use them as sprites even if the character as a whole in the end is going to be used only by me. *shrug* If it doesn't work out, oh well, at least I tried.

I just wasn't trying to be a jerk about this idea about asking someone to make the sprites..... :(

ROCK ON, BRO!
#15  December 19, 2009, 01:28:03 am
    • www.cameraslens.com

I just wasn't trying to be a jerk about this idea about asking someone to make the sprites..... :(
I wasn't trying to be either. It's hard to tell emotion on the internet. No worries, there was no malice intended on my part.   :)
#16  December 19, 2009, 02:18:02 am
  • The Mugen Philosopher!
    • Canada
heck johnathan might do it but he has his own wips