YesNoOk

Decisions v2 (Read 411195 times)

Started by Valodim, February 07, 2010, 09:42:32 pm
Re: Decisions v2
#41  March 05, 2010, 02:11:10 am
    • Germany
I just noticed gmods didn't have permission to access the moderation center. fixed that. Anything new show up for anyone? :thinking:

Still pending decision between using the moderation center or recoding report board mod. Looking at the moderation center, it really isn't all that bad.
+ displays moderation action logs in the details view (that's a pretty cool feature!)
~ different interface, for better or worse
- not public
- no indicator shown in the posts themselves

Oh btw smf2.0 also has warnings, and post moderation.
#42  March 05, 2010, 09:34:54 am
  • I got a PM.
Is there a way to keep the reports but to loose the silly reports? I still say public is better. Not just that, but I don't like the new moderation interface.
#43  March 05, 2010, 10:44:49 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Oh btw smf2.0 also has warnings, and post moderation.
Are these options and i can't see them, or you haven't turned them on?

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#44  March 05, 2010, 03:38:45 pm
    • Germany
have not turned them on.

what do you mean keep reports but lose silly reports?
#45  March 05, 2010, 07:57:10 pm
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
I just don't get it. You want to get rid of "silly" reports, but you want public reports like these to continue to spawn? As long as we're keeping it serious, we may as well dodge and avoid any possible report conversations and to keep public reports from becoming ammo in an argument (ala HankVenture/SeanAltly). Also discourages gangbang reporting and people adding their 2 cents when it's not needed.

If you are going to bring back the Report Target board, then I say hide that board from the public for reasons mentioned above, but as is, the moderation center is completely awesome.

Also if you're going to IGNORE reports, at least send them to Old Reports so they aren't confused for an actual issue that needs to be resolved. I think you guys are just lazy to be completely honest :S
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 08:05:23 pm by TempesT
#46  March 05, 2010, 08:52:47 pm
  • I got a PM.
Sorry Val, There is a missing word. It should say silly report interface. I mean am I not using it right or are there a lot more buttons to push to see the same information that used to take a click?

At Tempest. I disagree with you. If stuff is public, people get an idea of what is acceptable and what is not, by witnessing other people's mistakes.

I mean, if we make reports private we might as well start using the private boards and forget anything about transparency.

Oh the Hank crowd will still fight back but this time it will against the wrong people

Example, The first time I used my Shin Dan fake account, I talked mad shit to P.O.T.S. and to myself yet I openly supported MOTVN as a way to throw everyone off the scent. (That and he I were friends again at the time.)

So I went over to club syn, MOTVN was fooled also and said that Shin Dan was not one of his people, I acted like I didn't believe him and he started telling me all the people that he thought it was. I think that his conclusion was that it was Rajaa and that his people should go after him. I ended up telling MOTVN that it was me, just to make sure that others didn't get blamed.

The point is, that crew that you are so worried about act like children and if someone has talked behind their back, they will go on a witch hunt until they are satisfied or board.

"The Mugen Guild does not negotiate with terrorist" Lets not change our transparency just because of a few mental midgets.
#47  March 05, 2010, 09:13:45 pm
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
I thought reading the rules was a good idea about what's acceptable and what's not ???

How much reinforcement do people need? There's too much room for bullshit in public reports, and that's a fact that simply won't change no matter what you coat it with, honestly.

If we're talking about "mental midgets", then I would think that people who need two different areas of the board (top and bottom lol) to find out what's right and what's wrong on the board then... we're dealing with a lot more of said "mental midgets"
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 09:17:11 pm by TempesT
#48  March 07, 2010, 04:40:16 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
#49  March 07, 2010, 05:26:07 pm
  • I got a PM.
Its fine by me
#50  March 07, 2010, 06:43:23 pm
    • Thailand
Looks like he's working on in all of that good stuff. I don't have a problem. What about Black Chaos' request for his own section, though? I remember it from long ago.
#51  March 07, 2010, 06:48:38 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
pull me up more info on it, who is black chaos and what project section did he want? Together with the work he was presenting already.
#52  March 07, 2010, 06:50:54 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Got pmed by anjel telling me that its BC and his street fighter alpha 4 project.
I am okay with that.
#53  March 07, 2010, 06:51:40 pm
    • Thailand
#54  March 10, 2010, 10:58:48 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Let me add to that a mspaint mugen section, what the heck, live a little.
#55  March 10, 2010, 03:01:07 pm
  • I got a PM.
Ok, it is time to go back to the old report system. I have solved one report under the new system. I find the new one to be a pain to use and it doesn't provide an example for other users.
#56  March 10, 2010, 03:07:19 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Val already said he would recode it as soon as his exams are over.
#57  March 10, 2010, 03:09:21 pm
  • I got a PM.
Take easier classes Val and fix the guild already  ;P

Speaking of which, wish me luck. I got a midterm oral test today. Oral as in talking, not in blowing.
#58  March 10, 2010, 03:17:17 pm
    • Germany
Ok, it is time to go back to the old report system. I have solved one report under the new system. I find the new one to be a pain to use and it doesn't provide an example for other users.

Wow, you solved one report under it and you're positive I absolutely need to invest those hours of work to make it work like it did again! Thank you for your insight!

Either way I'm busy right now, exams, job, stuff.
#59  March 10, 2010, 03:19:37 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Ive tried solving some, but since it presents everyone in the same page with the comments of the reporter being offpage, I got to admit I ended up confused, solved a few that I could notice what was wrong.
It has time, its no emergency.

Val, what do you think about the sections?
#60  March 10, 2010, 05:12:52 pm
  • I got a PM.

Wow, you solved one report under it and you're positive I absolutely need to invest those hours of work to make it work like it did again! Thank you for your insight!

Either way I'm busy right now, exams, job, stuff.

I didn't say that I only made one attempt Val. I said I only solved 1, the point being that it was to much of a hassle to use effectively.