Poll

Which Super do you prefer?

Kochou Gakure
Psi-Astral
Both
CVS Psylocke
#1  April 17, 2010, 11:57:43 am
  • xxxxx
Hey guys, I have released another CVS character, Psylocke.

She is not accurate to MVC as I have altered her style to match CVS gameplay

Please read the README  as there are several issues that I have highlighted.

Please do provide your feedback to improve Psylocke but I don't think I would be able to update this character for a while due to my studies. I will also update on Poison when I have more free time.

I hope you guys enjoy this character :)

Here is the final update (I have solved the actual problem causing the slow down)

CVS Psylocke (No Lag) : http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?3onjzzygzzl

CVS groove removal patch (fix at EX-groove) : http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ggjdqww5tjk
Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 08:59:20 am by tJun
Re: CVS Psylocke
#2  April 17, 2010, 12:09:23 pm
I knew this would happen one day. I'll comment on the gameplay tomorrow.
#3  April 17, 2010, 12:21:13 pm
  • あなた自身殺せ :v
    • Hong Kong
    • mugen-maniak.blogspot.com
Psylocke with CVS Style?, It seems interesting...
#4  April 17, 2010, 01:58:13 pm
  • Nostalgic Addic
  • Working...
    • USA
    • https://www.youtube.com/@NessTheAvatar
Hmmm ... does it have all the grooves or is it like EX style similar to that of a pots style character?
#5  April 17, 2010, 02:05:18 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Two solutions :
- DL it and try.
- Look at the goddamn screenshot.
#6  April 17, 2010, 03:00:55 pm
  • xxxxx
#7  April 17, 2010, 03:49:53 pm
Converting MVC yo CVS sounds amazing and interesting
#8  April 17, 2010, 04:06:14 pm
  • No guts No glory..
i could made runing animations(trying at least) but i am full of work right now ,i will download her and see how she plays
#9  April 17, 2010, 04:08:36 pm
This character seems decent so far. But you need some work.

Sounds
- Take out the "INFINITY" MvC1/2 sound. It doesn't belong in CvS2. Lol. I mean it.

- Hit sound number 0,1 sounds like a HEAVY punch or kick, or a special move. Don't you think it sounds hear her making dramatic noises for a light punch or jab?

- If she's rolling, she needs at least 2 sounds. It could be 1 and a blank, or 2 different sounds. Set a random trigger for either method. Right now if I spam roll she sounds like she's having sex on the floor. "UH UH UH" I'm sorry I don't mean to be rude but that's what it sounds like. xD

Animations/AIR
- Anim 3000-3020.... change the second tick (super pause tick) to 48. Your first tick is already 2, so they need to add up to 50. Yours adds up to 53 or 52. Not correct.

- Anim 3100-3120.... you don't see the error in the super pause? I'll just give you a direct solution. So I see your two first ticks are incorrect like ^ above. Tick #1 is "3". Tick #2 is "47". Change tick #1 to "4"... change Tick #2 to "46." I'm talking about the timings here. Otherwise, the timing is awfully wrong here, in the CNS, superpause activates on Time = 4. So you gotta match it up with that. Having "3" as your first tick is too early, so, it will not pause correctly. You can see p2 moving 1 tick when she does that super, which is not supposed to happen.

- Anim 0... Her stance looks kinda funny haha. Slow it down a bit, CVS2 characters are normally slower stanced. Or, to not make her look like she's high on speed/crack/cocaine, try setting her tick #18 to "31." that way she's not constantly BREATHING hella fast, and takes a moment to cool down and breath again.

There are still more things I have to report, but I'll get to it more. I have school soon.

I'm sorry but this CLSN is absolutely cheap haha.
Fix this!

You have potential though, her gameplay feels quite CvS2 so far. She plays more like CvS2 Kyosuke, because Kyosuke can do combos like punch + punch + special.

Damn, makes me wanna get back to Mina or make another CvS2 character.
Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 04:14:17 pm by RaiN
#10  April 17, 2010, 05:04:04 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
I'm not really a fan of the whole CVS style...the sprites yes, but the bars/sounds...meh

Anyways, if this is anything close to Waru's Capt. Commando it is sure win in my book.

Downloading now.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#11  April 17, 2010, 05:32:01 pm
Very Nice

Sou brasileiro e não desisto nunca.
#12  April 17, 2010, 06:08:28 pm
  • xxxxx
thank you everyone for your feedback...

@Dampir: Thanks a lot, friend :) But I have already made running sprites for her. However, if you could make better sprites it would be great since I'm not a spriter.

@Rain: I have fixed all the issues which you have stated. Thanks for all the advice ;D

~~~

UPDATES!! : Please replace your old version with the new updated version (fixed some issues)

CVS Psylocke : http://www.mediafire.com/?0nocmlzmzgy
Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 07:53:18 pm by tJun
#13  April 17, 2010, 08:09:51 pm
Love this character and enjoyed playing too. Thanks for sharing your excellent work!! ::)

MDI

#14  April 17, 2010, 08:12:06 pm
    • mugen.yolasite.com/stages.php
Pretty awesome. Personally I think she could be a tad slower..maybe it's just me.

That and maybe some CVS-looking palettes. Otherwise, awesome MVC to CVS conversion.
ey
#15  April 17, 2010, 08:20:42 pm
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
For some reason, she makes my MUGEN run INCREDIBLY slow as soon as she gets out of Groove Select.
Moslty against herself.
Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 08:27:10 pm by Return of the Chalupacabra
#16  April 17, 2010, 08:45:51 pm
  • Most Hated!
I've been waiting for more mvc cvs style chars! cant wait till some one makes gambit and strider but anyway she looks good I'll download her as soon as I can!
#17  April 17, 2010, 09:36:49 pm
  • No guts No glory..
are you a mindreader or something i would like also a cvs strider and a cvs gambit i would cooperate making some animations for those if they are needed(ejem runing animations) i will make some runing animations for this psylocke maybe within this next week...... :ninja:
#18  April 17, 2010, 09:44:28 pm
  • Spoiler
  • let's bring order to chaos
    • Mexico
    • none
this is really interesting!!
downloading, seems like a good char!
            Zorf Giudecca
#19  April 17, 2010, 10:12:45 pm
  • Madman
  • Honorary Asshole
MvC to CvS, (we have Havato) i'll try her, Downloading....
#20  April 17, 2010, 10:45:23 pm
  • Puff!
    • Poland
Cool Psylocke you have here but... she slows down my mugen! Terribly!

I don't know why but actually the same problem I had with your Poison... coding maybe?