YesNoOk

Newbie chick with a question~ (Read 1149 times)

Started by Jack Stark, May 28, 2010, 10:03:11 am
Share this topic:
Newbie chick with a question~
#1  May 28, 2010, 10:03:11 am
  • doot doot doot
    • lili-yajuujo.deviantart.com/
Hey guys, I'm Jack, nice to internetz-meet you. :> Not quite new since I did a few things for a KoF Mugen project a while back before I had some personal issues pull me offline for a while. But! I'm back, and with a shiny new Win7 computer. Yaaaay. \o/

I'd like to toss some character art or intro logos at people's projects at some point, but what I really wanna do is palettes. I want to work on pals for the latest 1.0 RC7, but when I tried futzing around in Fighter Factory, the pals didn't work (the chara was all black -- looks like the colors weren't where they were supposed to be or something). Is pal making different now that there's a different Mugen out now? I did hear that this version deals with pals in a different way, but I have yet to find any new tutorials. Did a search on the forum and on Google just in case, but no luck so far.

Thanks in advance, guys~
Re: Newbie chick with a question~
#2  May 28, 2010, 09:00:06 pm
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
First things first; are you doing this on an existing character? If so, which one?
If it's using the SFFv2 format, you're boned.
If not, could it be that the sprites haven't been indexed with a designated palette, or that the character has no ACT files?

Also, eww Fighter Factory. I use MEE for palettes. Way more efficient, in my opinion, and less to struggle with.
That's just me, though.
#3  May 29, 2010, 08:44:19 am
  • doot doot doot
I was working with Zero-Sennin's 1.0-only Tifa edit, which does have 4 ACT files. I actually tried using MEE first, but apparently it doesn't work in Windows 7, even in compatibility mode. Which is a total bummer since I really liked MEE back in the day. I mean, way back when, I was able to make pals for YAMAKICHI's Tifa with MEE with no problems. So I'm not sure if this is a problem with FF, the new pal style, or what.
#4  May 29, 2010, 07:26:03 pm
  • Nothing is impossible if you believe
    • Philippines
    • tier-1.co/madlax
Hi... And Welcome to MFG... :sugoi:
#5  May 29, 2010, 08:07:59 pm
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
#6  May 29, 2010, 10:08:43 pm
  • doot doot doot
Yeah, got it from here, followed all directions and everything. Unless there's another site I should be going to?

...And hi Madlax~ o/
#7  May 29, 2010, 10:25:02 pm
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
I'm surprised that site still lives.
Got mines from RandomSelect.
#8  May 29, 2010, 11:00:07 pm
  • doot doot doot
I hit up Google for that one since the last time I was poking around at Mugen, RS was down. Man, I am hella out of the loop, LOL. I'll go get it from RS and see what happens. *thumbs up*

Update:
Okay, so the good news is, THIS version of MEE doesn't give me compatibility problems! The bad news (d'oh!) is that it keeps coming up with a pop-up of "TEMPSFF.TXT is taking a long time to appear; would you like to keep waiting?" Choosing Yes gets the same pop-up half a second later ad infinitum, and choosing No gets the one time pop-up of "An error occurred in the Toolbar ButtonClick routine with this description: ( 76) Path not found". This stuff happens regardless of where my Mugen is, where MEE is, where I'm pointing the directories at, etc. I've got totally different error messages for starting a new character, but I won't go into that since I'm not planning on making a new character anyway.

Well... at least it's not a compatibility problem anymore? \o/
Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 11:16:28 pm by Jack Stark
#9  May 30, 2010, 12:12:03 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
Weird, I do get the TEMPSFF.TXT pop-up, but not a lot. When I press Yes, it may appear a second time, but then the character is properly loaded.

You have a strange case. Quite the troublemaker.

Wait... did you set up your directories before loading a character?
#10  May 30, 2010, 01:25:18 am
  • doot doot doot
Yeah, directories were all set before I clicked anything else. I'm totally stumped as to what's going on, because as far as I can remember that pop-up only used to happen once for me too. Now it's just going on and on -- I mean, I've clicked that Yes button a good fifty times (actually counting) before giving up.

I may just do a fresh download AND fresh install just to make sure, but I don't think anything'll come of it. I'll try anyway though.

Thanks btw, even if I don't end up getting this working this is about the most help I've ever gotten for anything Mugen-related, haha. Cookie for you~
#11  May 30, 2010, 07:53:25 am
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
Welcome to mugen guild, and I must say you are very talented with the art. I enjoyed looking at your Ironman movie and other homages a whole lot.

Hit me up if you have any questions about proper paletting chars or sprites in general.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#12  June 02, 2010, 04:53:00 am
  • JoJo is boring
    • USA
Hello, welcome to the forum.