YesNoOk

Ray McDougal Beta V2 (Read 22623 times)

Started by Xinos, July 05, 2010, 10:08:23 pm
Share this topic:
Ray McDougal Beta V2
#1  July 05, 2010, 10:08:23 pm
    • UK
Alrighty, i've released a beta of my Ray McDougal. Custom attacks, etc won't be in this version however. Next update will

Taken from the readme.

Ray McDougal Beta V1 by Xinos

This character is undergoing new mode progress. One of the variables in the text config won't work as of yet, don't use it. Next update will provide this new mode.

===============================

This character has a feature that allows you to change Rays voice. See the config.txt file for more info on this.

Movelist

Ray McDougal is a 4 button character

--------------------
Specials (More will be available in next update)

D,DF,F,x/y: Big Tornado (X is slow, Y is fast)
F,F,x/y: Dynamite Tackle (Y makes Ray travel faster than X)
D,DB,B,a/b: Round Kick (B covers more distance and height than A) (OK for Air)

--------------------
Supers (More will be available in next update)

Hold Back (80 ticks), F,F,x/y: Super Dynamite Tackle (Y makes Ray travel faster than X)

Thanks goes to the following:

Data East: For creating Fighter's History Dynamite
SNK: For the Neo Geo arcade system
Basara-Kun: For the custom palettes

To do

Fix any important glitches
Finish up the custom moves mode

Screenshots

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?i3ywrnjjaxe

If you find any glitches or bugs, please do inform me, so I can fix them up. Thanks.

Special note: He is not quite compatible with 1.0 just yet.
Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 10:39:49 pm by Xinos
Re: Ray McDougal Beta V1
#2  July 05, 2010, 10:37:55 pm
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
cool character man, gonna test him out now. Feedback in a few

This character is great for a beta, couldn't find anything wrong with him. I like his combo set up right now its pretty simple and affective. The only thing i would suggest to change is the time for p2 when is stunned after being knocked down by his grab move.
Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 10:58:50 pm by Luis Alejandro
#3  July 05, 2010, 11:21:03 pm
    • UK
Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 11:52:27 pm by Xinos
#4  July 06, 2010, 12:08:18 am
  • Sexo con condon ?, haber comete un tamal con hoja.
    • Mexico
    • crampy-gc.blogspot.mx/
Another classic character, damn good can wait to test him at home  :sugoi:
#5  July 06, 2010, 04:15:54 am
    • www.mugenevolution.co.uk/hadoabuser
The hit detection box (blue) should overlap the hit box (red). Easy way to do this, take the coordinates from the hit box (red) and -1, -1, +1, +1 to the values of it for overlapping values for the hit detection box (blue).

The hit effect for Big Tornado shouldn't have a  movement velocity. 

Whats with the super command, its very weird

U shouldn't have special move cancel on trip since u can't juggle after it.

Card Sagas Wars > what ever you like.
POTS has his name in 50% of characters' readme. I shall have 50% too, but for stages ! :ninja: ;D
#6  July 06, 2010, 05:15:19 am
    • USA
Too bad you didn't use the sound sample that made his Big Tornado sound like he was yelling "Baked Potato". That was always good for a laugh.

BTW, while his throw looks fine against himself, with every other character it causes them to disappear. Make sure you only use universally required sprites for throw states to prevent this.

Other than that this is a really nice old school character.
#7  July 06, 2010, 04:26:00 pm
    • UK
Thanks for the comments

The hit detection box (blue) should overlap the hit box (red). Easy way to do this, take the coordinates from the hit box (red) and -1, -1, +1, +1 to the values of it for overlapping values for the hit detection box (blue).

Fixed, thanks for that.

The hit effect for Big Tornado shouldn't have a  movement velocity. 

I was trying to make it like how the hit effect worked in the source game. It would move forward when it hits.

Whats with the super command, its very weird

Hmmm, not sure why you think it's very weird. It's like the Dynamite tackle command, except you have to hold back for 80 ticks, then do it.

The source game allows special move cancels on tripping attacks, so i'm not sure why it shouldn't be there now.

Too bad you didn't use the sound sample that made his Big Tornado sound like he was yelling "Baked Potato". That was always good for a laugh.

You mean the voice Ray had before FH Dynamite? I have added his voices for that, you can enable them in the config.txt file, i've annoted the variables in there.

BTW, while his throw looks fine against himself, with every other character it causes them to disappear. Make sure you only use universally required sprites for throw states to prevent this.

I've fixed this up now, following your post at Mugen Infantry, thanks for pointing that out.
#8  July 06, 2010, 04:37:21 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
[size=90pt]GOOD![/size][/b]

D'Arby the gambler approves this char!

It's good to know someone remembers this game! I still want to see all of it's characters mugenized!
#9  July 06, 2010, 06:20:33 pm
I was trying to make it like how the hit effect worked in the source game. It would move forward when it hits.
Thats all fine and everything, but it moving while p2 is still in hitpause looks bad.
The source game allows special move cancels on tripping attacks, so i'm not sure why it shouldn't be there now.
Because u didn't code the special move to hit after tripping. More of useless conversion that making it practical.

I've not played the source game, I'm just stating what I would think is functionally practical.
POTS has his name in 50% of characters' readme. I shall have 50% too, but for stages ! :ninja: ;D
#10  July 06, 2010, 06:31:16 pm
    • UK
#11  July 06, 2010, 09:18:59 pm
One of my favorite characters so very happy with this version...even though a beta is more complete than others. My only
complaint is portrait icon looks weak. Everthing else is great and look forward to updates to come. Many Thanks for the fine release!!
#12  July 07, 2010, 12:31:52 am
Add the "falling on back" sound effect and dust from FHD.
My Mugen Wish List would include protagonists, mascots and other iconic characters with everything they have brought straight from their source with little or no editing.
#13  July 07, 2010, 12:35:00 am
    • UK
One of my favorite characters so very happy with this version...even though a beta is more complete than others. My only
complaint is portrait icon looks weak. Everthing else is great and look forward to updates to come. Many Thanks for the fine release!!

Thanks man, about the portrait, I might change it to something different.

Add the "falling on back" sound effect and dust from FHD.

Will do, you'll see it in the next update.
#14  July 07, 2010, 12:55:37 am
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
I hope to see those "win screens" in old MUGEN too...
Re: Ray McDougal Beta V1.1
#15  July 07, 2010, 03:44:43 am
    • UK
I've released a patch for V1. This should address all the issues that have been found. Here's a changelog.

---------
V1.1
---------

Fixed up CLSN's where blue CLSN's weren't properly overlapping red CLSN's
Added dust and thud sounds when falling to the ground after being hit
Changed opponent thrown animation, so it should work with every character now
Added more stun to the throw when hitting the ground
Removed Big Tornado hit effect velocity
Added a variable to determine if trip up cancelling can be performed (See config.txt for more details)
Changed the face icon to a different one
Now works properly for Mugen 1.0

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?mzkxzz0juey
#16  July 07, 2010, 05:26:07 am
  • Sr. Black Person
  • Mess with the chuchu you get the pewpew
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
having blue completely overlap red is ok but what you have to realize is now he has no priority. alot of older Neo Geo fighting games thrived on that. yo don't have to cover up all of it but at least 80-90% is the standard. unless you arksys or capcom then its whatever you feel like lol.
Want to feel useful for a useless show? click here
119/150 Chars, I'm not dead yet....the true surprise is in my thread.
Hahahah fuck you photobucket.
#17  July 07, 2010, 02:34:33 pm
Thats what nothitby and hitby is for.
#18  July 07, 2010, 04:06:02 pm
    • UK
having blue completely overlap red is ok but what you have to realize is now he has no priority. alot of older Neo Geo fighting games thrived on that. yo don't have to cover up all of it but at least 80-90% is the standard. unless you arksys or capcom then its whatever you feel like lol.

I would've gotten the source games collisions if I could, but I believe there's no way to view them.
#19  July 07, 2010, 09:56:06 pm
The new portrait looks great! Any chance later on you might do a more complete version of Clown? I love Fighters History
and every character has been released in good order except Clown...just throwing that out there. God knows Mugen doesn't need another version of Ken and Ryu!
#20  July 07, 2010, 10:35:40 pm
    • UK
The new portrait looks great! Any chance later on you might do a more complete version of Clown? I love Fighters History
and every character has been released in good order except Clown...just throwing that out there. God knows Mugen doesn't need another version of Ken and Ryu!

I could possibly make Clown. After i've finished Ray, i'll have a think on who to make next.