YesNoOk

Lelouch Lamperouge (Updated 2010-07-10) (Read 61984 times)

Started by Seravy, July 03, 2010, 09:48:27 am
Share this topic:
Re: Lelouch Lamperouge
#21  July 08, 2010, 01:25:09 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
The CLSN for the 1 Hit KO are retarded. They're too big. You think it's easy for any character to evade this? Also, the attack doesn't give you time to evade it, so it's even worse. The moment it's activated you're screwed. Doesn't matter that it requires a lot of power. Make more restrictions or just stop making it a 1 Hit KO.
#22  July 08, 2010, 08:09:15 pm
    • Hungary
    • seravy.x10.mx/Wordpress
The timeframe for interruption does seem way too small though, I'll try increasing it.
As I said, I did increase it. Should be enough to jump.
As for the clsn...that much is necessary, small characters are still within range at that height because their head is much closer to their feet.

However, it certainly needs a fix as slower and smaller jumps are still in hit range.
Adding a trigger of enemynear,pos Y+ enemynear,const(size.head.pos.y) >=-120 or something around that sounds like a better solution instead of changing the clsn1 box. It would make the move have no effect on helpers if the opponent is jumping unfortunately, but that isn't much of a problem.
With it being said, I'll do that, then.

(PS : sorry for not noticing it still hitting characters jumping slowly, and thanks for pointing it out)

(PS2 : Fixed version uploaded. Geass Hitdef will not be activated if opponent's head is above -130 position. It was perfectly avoidable with every character I tried including the one with the slowest and smallest jump. Very undersized characters (the kind that's from 8bit games and is like 30 pixels tall) might get still hit if their jump isn't high enough, but I can't do much against that.)

I am now going to code an attack that goes EXACTLY through that space in your CLSNs just to prove how fucking stupid they are.
Blame Minoo if that 3 pixel wide gap is your problem, he did it that way. Yeah, sure I could fix it (and probably will), but that isn't exactly a high priority issue. I've seen a lot worse clsn2s on many characters I've worked on already.
Generally, as I start working with an existing SFF and AIR file (saves a lot of time), unless the clsns look generally badly placed, I usually just keep them the way they are.

(note for everyone: I'm bad at paying attention to details (I'm the type who doesn't even notice being talked to if I'm thinking about something else), and I'm also tired when I get to finishing a character and usually don't notice problems if they are not too obvious. Keep the feedback coming for future characters as well, because otherwise I might not notice myself.
As long as you do not ask for attacks to be removed or whole characters to be rewritten, I'll most likely listen. I do want my characters to be balanced, although I want them to be balanced to my own standards.)
Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 08:41:30 pm by Seravy
#23  July 08, 2010, 08:54:05 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
I do want my characters to be balanced, although I want them to be balanced to my own standards.
After testing various of your previous works, I could say that is a contradiction, IMO...

I saw Code Geass and I know very well what Lelouch could do with his Geass. And I say that red clsn is very wrong, since the "attack" is with his eyes only, the clsn is more for the entire body instead eyes only, like a psychic attack (like Tetsuo Shima from AKIRA). Also his Geass don't make damage, just controls the subject for a few time, so I don't see the point of make it an instant kill power, that isn't anime accurance.

For me, a real "attack" with his Geass (and accurate to the anime) is to paralyze the enemy (like Lelouch saying "don't move at all, allow me to attack/kill you", and the clsn should be just to the size of his head, even maybe with the same distance you made in weight... and also could be blockable, since the hands in many cases avoids to look the enemy, that makes Geass useless with an enemy who don't look Lelouch

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#24  July 08, 2010, 09:32:03 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
I am now going to code an attack that goes EXACTLY through that space in your CLSNs just to prove how fucking stupid they are.
Blame Minoo i
NO.

YOU edited this character. YOU released this character. YOU hosted it on YOUR site. It is now YOUR responsibility.
#25  July 08, 2010, 09:51:05 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#26  July 08, 2010, 10:57:32 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
wait, the power is just a hypnotism thing?

That could work even as a throw. , throw a stare towards ( not fullscreen, no one can hit someone with a stare fullscreen unless they are shooting beams) and then have the opponent walk around by itself and throwing itself down repeatedly.
#27  July 08, 2010, 11:17:42 pm
    • Chile
Exactly, the power to control minds and make with the hypnotized subject what he wanted. In the first chapter, when Leluoch is in a dead end by soldiers who wanted to kill him, C.C. gave her the Geass. And then Lelouch uses the new power to order soldiers shoot themselves in the head, and them makes the order even happily and without any objection.

In certain way, Lelouch is way similar to Light Yagami. When friends recommended me the anime, they told me Code Geass is a mixture between Gundam (or any other mecha series) with Death Note. And when I saw for first time, I confirmed this...

Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#28  July 08, 2010, 11:32:25 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
#29  July 08, 2010, 11:44:55 pm
    • Chile
Right, or like SSIV's (and above) Honourable Death. But in this case, it should be better to keep stay to be ready to get hit. What Seravy did is more like Tetsuo does in AKIRA manga (and in some parts of the anime), where with his power makes to explode the head or the body of the enemy, that should be an instant kill... or a fatality/fatal move...

#30  July 08, 2010, 11:48:16 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
that wouldnt happen even if those chars got adapted, tetsuo gameplay would be more akin to a telekinetic wave that lifted the ground or slammed the opponent against the wall, gameplay reworks what the characters are to work cinematically with their effects.
( I actually had idea enginereed how i would adapt a tetsuo from K9999 )
#31  July 09, 2010, 12:18:26 am
    • Chile
( I actually had idea enginereed how i would adapt a tetsuo from K9999 )
Indeed, one of my projects, Another k9999, is more a Tetsuo adaptation than his k9999 counterpart... i think I should make again one of my WIP topics apart of Jim's one :P

#32  July 09, 2010, 12:29:31 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
you'll fuck it up you'll fuck it up you'll fuck it up you'll fuck it up you'll fuck it up you'll fuck it up you'll fuck it up you'll fuck it up you'll fuck it up
#33  July 09, 2010, 02:55:09 am
why doesnt seravy just make lelouch's hypnotism move as if he were using a flash granade to stun the oppenent; it would be more fitting :thinking:
At the bottom the picture says "Do not touch the edges of the sign; also the bridge is out ahead"
#34  July 09, 2010, 04:22:28 am
Since people are complaining i suggest make it avoidable by crouching, make the command for it ridiculous, and or make it so you can only do the attack when you have less than 30% hp left.
#35  July 09, 2010, 08:43:14 am
    • Hungary
Whatever. The command is already one of the hardest my characters will ever have, avoidable by jumping is just the same as crouching except you need the up button instead of the down one. Making it work below 30% life is...well..I never liked that restriction, so no.
Clsn1 doesn't matter anymore as the hitdef triggers based on opponent's head position.
Making it guardable is also unnecessary. That'd basically mean you can avoid it by pressing back instead of up. I prefer up, it makes the attack more unique and interesting.
YOU edited this character. YOU released this character. YOU hosted it on YOUR site. It is now YOUR responsibility.
That's why I WILL do it. I can't spend 24 hours a day on mugen you know? Sometimes you have to wait for things, and this is one of those.
While FIXING IT is my responsibility, messing it up in the first place IS MINOOS. Complain after I said "I'm done with fixing the clsns", until then it's pointless.

Just because I'm responsible for the 25 characters I have released doesn't mean I have to spend the rest of my life playing them and looking for bugs to fix. It also doesn't mean whenever a problem is reported I have to fix it in 10 minutes from the report. While I usually do it very fast, you have no right whatsoever to demand that. I'm doing this FOR FREE.

(*goes to work on clsns)
#36  July 09, 2010, 09:02:03 am
  • RIDER KICK!
Hmm should i download this character.... The edit of an already exsisting Lelouch seems great (considering the original needed fixing up.) However i'm afraid the edit will have the same outcome as CCirons Card Captor Sakura....

"Make the world revolve around you. It's more fun to think that way."
#37  July 09, 2010, 11:28:05 am
Well, IF I'm already into it (commenting on the forum again)
I like where your work of often improving editing others unfinished works,
it brings new hope.

And sure, how you want your stuff to come out/work out is still up to you, the creator.
The other matter of the public release is just if people will like it besides yourself.

The Geass of Lelouche required eye contact (not every type of Geass requires that).
It's not just lelouche staring at someone and it will work,
they even blocked or tried to block his Geass in various moments by avoiding eye contact.

This attack needs an opportunity to function and won't work for a second time to one person.
Another thing to point out is that the commands of the Geass are often Fatal or at least makes the opponent lose/forfeit.

The closest thing you can get would probably be a fatality, I am no fan of it these, but it might work.

This might be an idea:

- Lelouch must activate his Geass by taking off his contact (lenses) like the Instantkills from Guilty   Gear series.

- By this you trigger a do not kill.

- instead you get a fatality like screen when you opponent should have been killed by your last attack.

- Now you can hit the stunned character to kill him or use the geass in various ways.
For example make them suicide or take them under your command ect.

This will make the Geass an hidden option, like a bonus feature in this way.

Well, talking about accuracy, Lelouche doesn't know how to fight, not that I know at least.
I've never seen his handle any other weapons than a wooden gun and a handgun.
So I would call balance over accuracy (any day).
Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 11:31:19 am by Rai Tei
#38  July 09, 2010, 01:13:31 pm
    • Hungary
I was just thinking about the Geass commanding the opponent to forfeit the match. Basically a custom stated attack where the opponent walks away from the screen and his loss is declared.
While it is great to avoid unnecessary violence, it won't solve the other problems though. It's still a onehit KO. The other problem with that is the voice...I don't remember if he ever commanded anyone to forfeit a duel in the anime, and the voice currently available clearly days "to die".

I myself thought guarding against the Geass is OK at first, then I was told that this kind of stuff would happen :
"-Lelouch vi Britannia comm...(opponent closes eyes or covers face with hand)
-Ouch...hey it's not fair to sneak up on me while I can't see and hit me from behind (opens eyes)
-...commands you to die! (opponent dies)"
It was convincing...if you close your eyes and can't see in a fight you are  already dead anyway (unless you are some martial arts grandmaster who can feel the presence of their opponent blinded). So I decided against the guardable version and went for the jump too high for eye contact version instead.

On another note, I've added a new poll to my site "Do you want the AI to be less predictable". Poll results will be applied to Lelouch and all other characters.

Hmm should i download this character.... The edit of an already exsisting Lelouch seems great (considering the original needed fixing up.) However i'm afraid the edit will have the same outcome as CCirons Card Captor Sakura....
No need to worry, I made that as my very first character with no experience whatsoever, so it was bound to end up horrible. My current Sakura is a lot better.

Back on topic of the instant kill, it's only useful against AI controlled opponents. If you want to use it against a human player having a minimum of intelligence, you have to prevent him from jumping first, which in itself is like almost impossible to do.
Since human VS human balance is the more important one, I think it's fine this way. Human VS AI is not balanced anyway because of the different advantages of the two players (human is smarter, but the AI needs less to time to react), and of course there is always a risk of the AI jumping and avoiding the attack anyway. And that is assuming you managed to find a time when the opponent is on the ground and no projectiles are coming your way to interrupt the attack until you enter the command+what the animation time takes.
Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 01:21:40 pm by Seravy
#39  July 09, 2010, 06:54:02 pm
  • The Strongest Demon
Why don't you just change command? There's a DS Code Geass game with some voice clip here and there with different orders. I'm sure that "Dance" or "Sleep" could work too.
Majin Zenki -- Feel the Wrath of the Majin
#40  July 09, 2010, 07:10:07 pm
    • Hungary
Except the chance of every mugen character having an appropriate dancing animation for that is zero. Doing it is for full-game only.
Sleep would be ok (some of the required sprites work for that from group 5040) but kinda lame...commanding the opponent to forfeit the match is more elegant.
Now question is, do I want to do this so much as to look for a DS emulator (whichever console that is), a download source of that game, and hope it includes a "Give up!" command? Definitely not. Do I want to rewatch the 48 episodes of the anime to find one? No, not really. Lelouch was made for public demand, but he isn't too high on my list of personal priorities, definitely not high enough to spend so much time on a minor detail. The die command should work fine, he used that the most often in the anime too.