YesNoOk

Lelouch Lamperouge (Updated 2010-07-10) (Read 65658 times)

Started by Seravy, July 03, 2010, 09:48:27 am
Share this topic:
Re: Lelouch Lamperouge
#41  July 09, 2010, 07:13:56 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Guy, if you just want to do it as it is and use whatever justification you want, why are you even asking opinions to begin with?

You seem to consider one hit kos elegant on gameplay, when you have neither animations to justify it nor anything else. It doesnt matter what voices you have or not have, just what you want to do.
If what you want to do is one hit kos then go for it, but you dont need to try to give big loop arounds to justify yourself and the decision as being somehow more elegant because it has a one hit ko.
Just do what you like.
#42  July 09, 2010, 08:57:01 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
I hate 1 Hit KOes, because they're unnecessary. Another thing is a finisher, like a Zetsumei Ougi or an Astral Finish, which I love. Just make it that way if you want to put it.

Btw, you said you can evade it by jumping. Does that mean the attack cannot hit opponents that are jumping/flying, or it's just that the CLSN cannot reach you when you're in the air? What about opponents that have been launched to the air and cannot recover? And is it an OTG?
#43  July 09, 2010, 09:33:40 pm
Micheal Jackson did well...

and those commands remind me of "Humiliation" and "Friendship?"
#44  July 09, 2010, 11:47:22 pm
    • Hungary
    • seravy.x10.mx/Wordpress
Btw, you said you can evade it by jumping. Does that mean the attack cannot hit opponents that are jumping/flying, or it's just that the CLSN cannot reach you when you're in the air?

Ummm...did you really read my replies? I guess not.

Geass Hitdef will not be activated if opponent's head is above -130 position.
If your character's head is above the half of the screen it just doesn't do anything. Regardless of how your character got there and what it is doing.
It checks character position, adds the head position to that, and if the result is below that position, it activates the attack, otherwise not.

Thinking about it if you happen to play a freaking tall character it might even be immune without jumping. I guess I'll have to fix that by adding a StateType=A condition to the trigger.

And is it an OTG?
What's OTG? One-Time-Geass? Yeah, if it hits it cannot be used again in that match. If it misses, it can be used again, but the power gets spent anyway, so you won't be able to most of the time.

Guy, if you just want to do it as it is and use whatever justification you want, why are you even asking opinions to begin with?
Perhaps because I fixed about every other issue mentioned here.
Perhaps because I did put up a poll about AI predictability and will change it if that option wins.
Perhaps because I do care, if it's about real problems and not personal preferences. Liking projectiles, onehit Kos, grazing, danmaku bars and the like is a personal preference, and for those I have my own (or if not, I usually manage to find it out in time). If it's about misplaced clsns, stupid AI, bugs, infinites, or other PROBLEMS, I'll do something about those. Having a 1-hit KO is not a problem, it's a feature. Liking on not liking it is up to you, but it's still not a bug just because you don't like it.
It being impossible to avoid by jumping was a bug (or more like I didn't pay attention as usual), and was fixed.
It being too fast to avoid was also a problem that got fixed.
The move itself existing, and doing what I intended it to do is not a problem, and I'm not looking for ideas to replace it. Even if some people don't like it, and want to suggest stuff for me to replace it with.

Anyway, I think I started the whole thing by expressing that I want the Geass to be a one-hit KO. Either by "kill", or by "forfeit". I personally prefer "forfeit" more, but "kill" is a better fit with the character and is already done meaning less work. So in the end, I'll stay with that one.

I didn't ask "hey I'm making a character, shall it have a one-hit KO?". I asked "hey I made this character, and it has these moves, including this one-hit KO! Did I overlook anything important that needs to be fixed in it?"
If people don't understand the difference and suggest ways of replacing it, of course I won't do that.
Ok, I should have said "I want Lelouch to have a one hit KO!" instead of...wait I did say that. Why people suggested ways to replace it, and why I reacted to that I don't know. My defensive nature acted up again. I should have just ignored those suggestions.
#45  July 10, 2010, 05:36:22 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
They're methods of making a more fair and balanced character that fits comfortably in any fighting environment.

You're going to have to start specifying that your characters should only be used against your characters as well.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#46  July 10, 2010, 08:09:07 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Make it a full-game that nobody will play so that they can never make that mistake.
#47  July 10, 2010, 08:10:15 am
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
When Lelouch commands a victim to die, does the victim use the Bishamon suicide animation if they have it?  That'd be a nice touch if they did.
#48  July 10, 2010, 08:52:49 am
    • Hungary
You're going to have to start specifying that your characters should only be used against your characters as well.
That's in the FAQ already, although not exact in this way. There are characters that are not mine and work perfectly fine against my stuff, most Touhous for example. Anyway, it's mentioned in the FAQ that my character use a different from usual style and should be used in a mugen that has appropriate characters for that.
I think this should be common sense for mugen...if you are going to download characters of different games, it's your responsibility to find out if they are balanced against each other or not. It's a myth that every character should be balanced against every other, and it is impossible to achieve it without excessively limiting options.

Make it a full-game that nobody will play so that they can never make that mistake.
This is already covered in the FAQ too. Mugen lacks the features for proper full-games currently.
Besides a lot of people like my characters, so it's not a mistake. It's the downloader's responsibility to decide what they can use my characters for.
Somehow I feel that you joined the ranks of my hater group...may I recommend to avoid posting in my topics in the future?

(Note : READ THE DAMN FAQ, PEOPLE!)

When Lelouch commands a victim to die, does the victim use the Bishamon suicide animation if they have it?  That'd be a nice touch if they did.
If you give me a bit more info, I'll add it.
(Like, what character uses it, and what's the standard anim number for it)
Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 09:04:16 am by Seravy
#49  July 10, 2010, 01:56:01 pm
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
If you give me a bit more info, I'll add it.
(Like, what character uses it, and what's the standard anim number for it)

The anim number is 7694, it's exactly 111 ticks (with the damage part occurring at 50 ticks), and it doesn't loop.  The one and only character to invoke this anim is 3ha's Bishamon (who doesn't quite work right in WinMUGEN without a little editing), and there are only a scant few characters that actually use this anim (Yoma is one of those few).
#50  July 10, 2010, 02:16:15 pm
    • Hungary
Ok, I'll implement it, then.
May I ask for a link to your Yoma character to have something to test it on?
The topic I found about it had a broken link.

Unfortunately damage needs to be done though the hitdef to work on characters not having this anim, so I'll have to use Nobardisplay to cover the 0 life up, and NoKO to make the round end at the 50th tick instead of immediately.
#51  July 10, 2010, 06:51:29 pm
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
Try Randomselect -> hosted older creations -> hosted characters: http://randomselect.piiym.net/

You need help getting Bishamon and/or getting him to work right?
#52  July 10, 2010, 07:34:59 pm
    • Hungary
Thanks, it seems to work properly on your character.

I'll upload the updated version later.

I don't need Bishamon, I only needed a character that has the anim 7694 to test the move on, and that was your Yoma.
Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 07:39:05 pm by Seravy
#53  July 10, 2010, 08:12:52 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
Meaning of OTG:

Off-The-Ground, a term used in fighting games involving striking a character at floor level, usually leading into a combo.

Basically, if your character is able to hit any character that has fallen on the ground. If it's able to do that, then we have a problem, since it's really easy to throw somebody to the ground.
#54  July 10, 2010, 08:16:14 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
ON-the-ground.

fail.
#55  July 10, 2010, 08:42:57 pm
    • Hungary
No, D is not included in the hitflag. If the opponent is on the ground, Geass will miss. It does work while the opponent is still falling, but not after reaching the ground. If you are fast enough, you can hit, but if you are too slow, the opponent reaches the ground and you'll miss.
Another update : If the opponent is stunned from a Flash Grenade, Geass will also miss  because the opponent is unable to see.

Edit : updated version is uploaded
Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 09:05:37 pm by Seravy
#56  July 10, 2010, 09:44:42 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
ON-the-ground.

fail.

Well, then Wikipedia fails, since I just copy-pasted from there.

No, D is not included in the hitflag. If the opponent is on the ground, Geass will miss. It does work while the opponent is still falling, but not after reaching the ground. If you are fast enough, you can hit, but if you are too slow, the opponent reaches the ground and you'll miss.
Another update : If the opponent is stunned from a Flash Grenade, Geass will also miss  because the opponent is unable to see.

Edit : updated version is uploaded

So that means that if the character is stunned, then it's impossible for this move to hit, right?
Re: Lelouch Lamperouge (Updated 2010-07-10)
#57  July 10, 2010, 10:22:25 pm
    • Hungary
So that means that if the character is stunned, then it's impossible for this move to hit, right?
Yes...as long as the stun is from the Flash Grenade. (Nothing else "stuns", they have normal hittimes of 10-25 ticks usually)
Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 10:25:39 pm by Seravy
#58  July 12, 2010, 07:12:31 am
  • I may be new on the site but I have been watching
All I can say about this character is that it is a terrible idea for a character. His one hit kill move is shit and needs to be removed, and what the fuck is up with the robot fight special it looks SHITTY.

#59  July 12, 2010, 07:15:09 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Nice attitude. For someone who watches the site you'd know that no one uses that.
#60  July 12, 2010, 07:42:49 am
  • RIDER KICK!

No need to worry, I made that as my very first character with no experience whatsoever, so it was bound to end up horrible. My current Sakura is a lot better.

Yah i sort of did download your latest Sakura, better then your previous work... but still needs to be fixed.

I can still spam my opponets to death in a corner with sakura...       

"Make the world revolve around you. It's more fun to think that way."