YesNoOk

KOF '94-ish Ryu - Release (Read 20552 times)

Started by The Railgunner, July 03, 2010, 10:54:18 pm
Share this topic:
KOF '94-ish Ryu - Release
#1  July 03, 2010, 10:54:18 pm
  • Sunglasses Security Guy is watching you necrobump.
    • x-ism.co.cc/index.html
I've gotten just about all of the finishing touches done on him, including a KOF '94-ish portrait set (the big portrait is even compatible with the other palettes)! I couldn't put in the Dash Punch or Collarbone Breaker because I lacked the sprites necessary. but if I ever come across them (or make them myself), they'll be in an updated version.

Screenies:

Anyway, here's the link: Ryu '94

C&C, etc., etc...
Re: KOF '94-ish Ryu - Release
#2  July 03, 2010, 11:47:22 pm
  • That's awesome!
    • Canada
Ewww... Small Portrait looks bad.
#3  July 04, 2010, 12:26:22 am
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
-The sounds soudn liek they only come form the left hand side. Maybe you could cannabalise sounds form GDT's Ryu.
-The CLSNs on his stance are a little misaligned.
-You should try to add the 94 power bar.
-The sprites are kinda nice, I gotta say. And the use of the 94 Koohkens for the Hadoken effects is a neat touch.
-There were no superpauses in 94, but it still kinda leaves Ryu open when he does Shinku Hadoken. I do like how you limited him to that, just like how everyone had only one super in 94.
-Like Spuddyman said, small port looks kinda iffy, as does his large portrait (You did take the SNK-groove CVS1 artwork and blur it a bit to look like 94), though all small ports in that game were shrunken large ports anyway

Eh, its not too bad.
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#4  July 04, 2010, 12:37:38 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
And not a single mention to the original spriter  :-\

Did you really made all the coding from scratch for this edit? Because it belongs in the edits and addons if not.
#5  July 04, 2010, 12:39:30 am
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
OH. sorry. Nice work BTW.
#6  July 04, 2010, 04:32:34 am
    • x-ism.co.cc/index.html
-The sounds soudn liek they only come form the left hand side. Maybe you could cannabalise sounds form GDT's Ryu.
-The CLSNs on his stance are a little misaligned.
-You should try to add the 94 power bar.
-The sprites are kinda nice, I gotta say. And the use of the 94 Koohkens for the Hadoken effects is a neat touch.
-There were no superpauses in 94, but it still kinda leaves Ryu open when he does Shinku Hadoken. I do like how you limited him to that, just like how everyone had only one super in 94.
-Like Spuddyman said, small port looks kinda iffy, as does his large portrait (You did take the SNK-groove CVS1 artwork and blur it a bit to look like 94), though all small ports in that game were shrunken large ports anyway

Eh, its not too bad.

About the power bar, I believe Fervicante's 94 Yuri has a working power bar, so I'll have a look at it and see what I can do.

Erm, the artwork wasn't BLURRED at all - it was redone, pixel by pixel. The small portraits in 94 were just scaled down versions of their big ones in that regard, though it COULD use a little work.  Also, I never knew that GDT made a Ryu...

And not a single mention to the original spriter  :-\

I have no idea who the original spriter is - I don't know if triggerx made the sprites himself or got them from some other source. As far as coding goes, I did have a good look at the AI triggers in MASA's Ryu, as well as use the same state numbers as his characters, though only because messing with the ChangeStates in State -1 is quite annoying at times. Triggerx himself only spriteswapped that same Ryu, with no changes to CLSNs, hitsounds, or coding.
#7  July 19, 2010, 10:22:58 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
- Is it normal that Shinkuu Hadouken doesn't make the opponent fall ?
- Jumps feels slow. May have been like that in 94. Dunno.
- What is this red box during forward and backward walk ?
- No hitspark on the 2nd hit of close HK.
#8  July 19, 2010, 09:22:20 pm
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
-im not able to do shinkuu hadouken
-blood hit sparks for hk?
-hadouken when it hits the opponent gives massive debug flood
-dodge animation is weird, just him crouching
-the close range attacks are active even when you pretty far from the opponent, make it so you can only do the move when your close.
-he gets dizzy way to easy
-again with the blood sparks in some moves, why?
- close high kick gives debug spam
-low shoryuken knocks you down, but high shoryuken doesnt!?!?
-throw animations needs better alignment
-most of the damage values dont make any sense, then again 94 had horrible damage values(rugal :gonk: )
-you know your charge command isnt possible on a keyboard right?(eventhough im sure its accurate)
-his idle stance clsn boxes are off(stand, crouch) and his walking, whats up with the red clsn box?
#9  August 17, 2010, 01:08:30 am
    • USA
Cant do the following:
HP + HK
Power charge
Shinkuu Hadouken
Some attacks look like Ryo Sakazakis.
Dodge iz weird.
#10  August 18, 2010, 12:42:25 am
  • Recreation
Cant do the following:
HP + HK
Power charge
Shinkuu Hadouken
Dodge iz weird.
You're an idiot.
I can explain.

KOF '94 used 4 buttons as apposed to 6, didn't have Powercharge to my knowledge, and Dodging, I don't remember how that was.

And he used Ryo's koohken effects for the hadouken.
And how in hell can you not use Shinkuu Hadouken?
#11  August 18, 2010, 01:07:14 am
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
How does that make him an idiot? Fyi kof has always been a 4 button game
#12  August 18, 2010, 01:19:54 am
  • Recreation
How does that make him an idiot? Fyi kof has always been a 4 button game
Yeah.
But he was complaining about how he can't do HK and HP, when clearly, there is no MP/MK, and HK/HP has taken MP/MK's place.

Everyone should know about KOF and its 4 button setup.
#13  August 18, 2010, 01:44:17 am
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Dodging was a sidestep in 94

And furthermore, power charging WAS in 94.
#14  August 18, 2010, 02:07:35 am
    • x-ism.co.cc/index.html
Cant do the following:
HP + HK
Power charge
Shinkuu Hadouken
Dodge iz weird.
You're an idiot.
I can explain.

KOF '94 used 4 buttons as apposed to 6, didn't have Powercharge to my knowledge, and Dodging, I don't remember how that was.

And he used Ryo's koohken effects for the hadouken.
And how in hell can you not use Shinkuu Hadouken?

Shinkuu Hadouken is QCFx2 + HP and LK - I'm not surprised if people have trouble with it. KOF '94 had Power Charging (A+B+C, translates to LP+LK+HP for Ryu), and Dodge is LP+LK, and as far as the anim goes, well, I didn't have much to work with there.

@Luis: I can do the charge command just fine, and the dizzy and Shoryuken are mostly SF2 carryovers.
#15  August 18, 2010, 02:11:59 am
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
Its not possible on a standard keyboard. Also I suggest you take my feedback into major consideration
#16  August 18, 2010, 02:15:14 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
#17  August 18, 2010, 02:26:12 am
  • Recreation
#18  August 19, 2010, 12:54:30 am
    • x-ism.co.cc/index.html
Its not possible on a standard keyboard. Also I suggest you take my feedback into major consideration

But Ryu was made and tested on a standard keyboard...

I can't figure out why the debug spam is going on - I've checked that attack numerous times and couldn't figure out what the problem is. Also, the blood sparks are in '94, and occur at random. HP Shoryuken does two hits, with the second one knocking the opponent down. I may have to check the CLSNs as only taller characters (Rugal, Sagat) get both hits - Ryu himself only takes one. And like I said, I didn't have much to work with for the dodging animation, but maybe I'll change that later. I will take your advice into account, thank you.

Also, as anyone noticed that the throw doesn't do damage at all? I fixed that a couple of days ago, but I haven't uploaded the updated version yet.
#19  August 19, 2010, 01:12:58 am
    • USA
    • presleybright.bandcamp.com
Problems aside, it is BEAUTIFUL!  ;D  I think I'm in love.
#20  August 19, 2010, 03:47:06 am
  • I hate coding helpers.
    • Brazil
Even so not all keyboard accept vertical combinations plus a direction, that's the reason why most of 4-button chars have shortcuts for dodge and CD.

With my old keyboard I was able to input every single system command from Don Drago's chars and it doesn't happen with my actual keyboard.