YesNoOk

PrimeOp's Custom sprites - Bred & Dug (Alpha style) (Read 8936 times)

Started by PrimeOp, March 01, 2010, 08:22:24 pm
Share this topic:
PrimeOp's Custom sprites - Bred & Dug (Alpha style)
New #1  March 01, 2010, 08:22:24 pm
    • www.scrollboss.illmosis.net
This is another slow-mo project that I'm doing when I'm not working on my comic or websites. It's a small sprite set for the lowest level thugs from Final Fight. I'm starting with Bred and that will be followed by a headswapped Dug. I'll sprite a jacket layer over this then make headswaps with Jake and Simons. Here are some pics of the Bred test using OpenBoR since it's easy to quickly modify things without compiling:

I'm resizing the arcade sprites by 112% and tracing the basic shapes while trying to give them a more SFA-style look. I'm adding transition and "shake" frames to the attacks but it's not going to be insanely animated and some moves like the jump are being redrawn. Some of the heads are from an older version I tried editing from Guile but those could be replaced too. The skin tones, clothing, belts&boots, hair, glasses and glasses lenses are all color separated. This should be done and ready for download by the middle of this year. The jump transition frames, jump kick, "Oh my car" pose, mid hit and a few wait poses are all that need to be done. It may not be enough for a whole character but it could make for a nice bonus game  ;)

The current page is here: http://scrollboss.illmosis.net/customspritedl.php

I'll also have updates for that Cody in street clothes pack once I finish the custom frames for his spin kick.
Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 02:00:32 am by Jmorphman
Re: Custom sprite sets
#2  March 01, 2010, 10:39:25 pm
  • The Mugen Philosopher!
    • Canada
    • www.freewebs.com/realreaper3
So your are going to sprite a sprite set for the variety of characters you fight throughout final fight.God luck
Welcome to the House of Fighting.
#3  March 02, 2010, 03:35:43 am
Not all of them. Just the lowest level of thugs: Bred, Dug, Jake & Simons. Thanks for the luck!
#4  March 03, 2010, 05:48:21 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Looks interesting!! ;)

Who are the enemies sprites you can already download?
#5  March 07, 2010, 06:07:05 am
There aren't any enemies to download right now but Bred will be the first. I may make more if Bred and the others turn out okay. I'm almost done and the sprite count will be something between 30-40 for the first version. I still have to make a knee thrust attack and a few extra things.

I finished the "crying on his knees" anim so I added a few things to make...

edit:
SNES/GBA censorship edition

edit:
Finally got a quick, crappy video together of the test footage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgVmoPBOG2A
Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 02:39:52 am by PrimeOp
#6  March 23, 2010, 04:38:15 am
Okay, v.1 of the Bred sprite set is up.

Download Bred sprite pack (v.1)

This isn't the final version but it will be a long time before I add anything to it. Let me know if the sprites and the format I've used here is okay.
Re: Custom sprite sets - Bred (Alpha style)
#7  May 18, 2010, 08:07:43 am
Motherpussbucket.

I just noticed that the misaligned punch animation was in Bred's sprite pack. I just uploaded an updated version of the sprite pack with the right punch. I only noticed this because I just finshed Dug's sprite pack. It isn't announced on the site yet but it's there, too. I have no idea when I'll get around to Jake and Simons, though.

Bred
Dug
Re: Custom sprite sets - Bred (Alpha style)
#8  May 25, 2010, 10:34:03 pm
  • Final Street Fighter
Motherpussbucket.

I just noticed that the misaligned punch animation was in Bred's sprite pack. I just uploaded an updated version of the sprite pack with the right punch.
Lol ! Don't worry my friend, we'll veeery easily forgive you for this little mistake... ;)
Great work again as usual, it's really appreciated to see soo good sprite/animation work quality.

Well done as always.
If someone is better than you, admit your defeat, then rise and try to be better than him, with respect.
Re: PrimeOp's Custom sprites - Bred , Dug, Simons (Alpha style)
#9  September 11, 2010, 03:05:38 am
The sprite pack for Simons is finally done.

Also: the Bred and Dug packs were redone. A few of Dug's frames had the bottom line of his boots cut off. Both had their palette pictures redone to take out an unused color.

http://scrollboss.illmosis.net/customspritedl.php
Re: PrimeOp's Custom sprites - Bred & Dug (Alpha style)
#10  September 24, 2010, 08:05:25 pm
#11  September 24, 2010, 10:41:04 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
This will be very useful too me, thanx buddy!
#12  September 25, 2010, 07:17:35 pm
  • Bringing her back
    • USA
    • hiivolt-07.deviantart.com/
Great sprites here, that means a little less work for me.
Spriting is hard.
#13  October 01, 2010, 06:48:57 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Great, this I didn't expected. I like the thugs ones, maybe I can do something with some of them. Thanks for sharing!!

(also, I loved the mini logos ;D)

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#14  October 09, 2010, 03:20:09 am
O: I'm glad to see these will be useful to a friend from the old days!
Diepod: Again, I'm glad these are useful to someone other than myself. Good luck on whatever they'll help you with.
Earthworm Basara:  I don't think many people would spend their free time making sprites for these guys so I thought I'd do it myself. They could be better but at least other people won't have to bother with it now!

Jake's sprite set ready to download now and he finishes the lowest-tier group of drones for Final Fight. I made another crappy-but-short demo video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHMCwU8-ekE

Link to the download page:
http://scrollboss.illmosis.net/customspritedl.php#capcomfgt-jake
#15  October 09, 2010, 03:21:55 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
I finished the "crying on his knees" anim so I added a few things to make...

edit:
SNES/GBA censorship edition

I love you.

OK, not really, but still, these are awesome.
#16  October 10, 2010, 08:21:42 am
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Earthworm Basara:  I don't think many people would spend their free time making sprites for these guys so I thought I'd do it myself. They could be better but at least other people won't have to bother with it now!
I think you did an excellent job there, and should be great to see some of them in MUGEN :thumbsup:

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X