YesNoOk

Was Jimmy Zappa a copy of Johnny from Karate Kid? (Read 1676 times)

Started by blake639, November 03, 2010, 05:22:37 am
Share this topic:
Was Jimmy Zappa a copy of Johnny from Karate Kid?
#1  November 03, 2010, 05:22:37 am

Just out of curiosity, Jimmy Zappa from Capoeira Fighter, looks an aweful lot like Johnny from Karate Kid (the original Karate Kid movie, with ralph machio). He looks like Johnny but he has the moves of Ryu and Ken... Also the man Jimmy is talking to after his first fight in this video I'm about to show you, looks a helluva lot like Mr. Kreese.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guUPy0LIYfI

And Jimmy's friend who looks like Mr. Kreese is telling him something about "Quit moping Jimmy, only a little girl would cry over a broken nose," which also sounds oddly familiar, I think Daniel broke Jonny's nose didn't he? Wasn't Mr. Kreese telling Johnny something like this when Johnny got his nose broken?

I was curious as to if I am not the only one whose noticed this?
Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 06:48:13 am by blake639
Re: Was Jimmy Zappa a copy of Johnny from Karate Kid?
#2  November 03, 2010, 10:54:21 am
He looks like a Shotoclone without hadokens
#3  November 03, 2010, 12:54:22 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
looks totally like a shoto. but whats this game? was it released for arcade or is it a mugen game?
#4  November 03, 2010, 04:44:21 pm
#5  November 03, 2010, 09:53:48 pm

I'm just wondering why they chose Johnny from Karate Kid to recreate into a fighting game character? I mean why Johnny (and his sensei Mr. Kreese)? That's pretty obscure... But it looks like a pretty obvious throwback.
#6  November 03, 2010, 09:59:49 pm
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
Not only does it look like him, the actor who played Johnny's name is Billy Zabka. Coincidence?
#7  November 04, 2010, 01:55:51 am

Coincidence? I think not.... I think his name was also related, they kinda related it to the actor's name but at the same time they kinda played it off double dragon... Billy became Jimmy. Now let me find out he trained in a dojo called Kobra Kai lol....