YesNoOk

PAYING TOP DOLLAR for skilled designers. (Read 878 times)

Started by sheenpeso, November 27, 2010, 10:09:33 pm
PAYING TOP DOLLAR for skilled designers.
#1  November 27, 2010, 10:09:33 pm
I've used to use m.u.g.e.n years ago and recently I've gotten the itch to pick it back up. After reading and looking through the forum I realized i can never make the game of my dreams.  I don't have them time nor patients to learn how to do sprites or code characters.

So with all of that said I would like to pay someone or a team of people, good money to implement the design of the game. Basically take my ideas and make them a reality.

Some characters I want will no doubt have to be made from scratch, others can be edited, and others thrown in as they are. If anyone out there is interested please let me know, and I will go over the particulars of my vision.

Serious inquiries only, this is a real business opportunity.
Re: PAYING TOP DOLLAR for skilled designers.
#2  November 27, 2010, 10:48:53 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
I wouldn't expect serious replies if you're posting this here.
#3  November 27, 2010, 10:52:45 pm
he posted it in projects

also if you're not going to explain in further detail then you probably won't have much luck
#4  November 27, 2010, 10:59:15 pm
I will explain details to designers who are willing to take the job.
#5  November 27, 2010, 11:00:42 pm
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Nobody will be willing to even consider the job without some details. Not even for money.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#6  November 27, 2010, 11:11:24 pm
Well I want all the characters to have a street fighter alpha build.
The custom characters I want is from the dragon ball z saga.

Goku vegeta, young gohan with the picolo uniform, and future trunks.
But like I said I would want them to look like the street fighter characters.

I seen a designer designing a goku that was amazing.... and something along those lines work work perfect for my vision.

The other characters I have in mind already exist I would just like minor adjustments to a few of them
#7  November 28, 2010, 11:43:58 am
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
I think you really have to give us a little more information...
I mean this isnt'really the way we do things around here ;)
I think it's more of upholding a community then doing 'work'.
For all of us I think it's more of a hobby then anything else,
and where would you get the money from?
Not sure if it's even worth it if it's not official...
The ball's in your court again ;)

Balthazar
#8  November 28, 2010, 07:22:51 pm
Well I have money that isn't the problem. And I don't know the first thing about what y'all do. When I used to play I would just download my favorite players and program them into it. Doing something from scratch is beyond my comprehension. I want I 16 character game with select characters.

I mean what specifically about the project do you want me to answer?
#9  November 28, 2010, 07:31:21 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
What characters ?
What price are you willing to pay ?
What gameplay exactly ? Saying Street Fighter is not saying much. SFZ3, SF3, SF4 gameplay, how many moves and sprites per character ?
Sounds from which game ?
How much time to make a char, let alone the game ?
etc.
#10  November 28, 2010, 08:24:32 pm
Well I'm hoping you designers are willing to help me with figuring out how long, how much time, because i really dont know the process. As far as sprites go I have some idea of what that is but no idea of the particulars. And negotiating a rate per character is not a problem. So let me as specific as possibly.

Ideally I would all my characters to look like SF4 but i dont know how realistic that is, because I Dont know how much work that would take. Graphically anything looking like MshVsSF and above is acceptable.

Prospective Character Roster:

Iron Man : As Is

Cyclops : As Is

Sagat : As is

Guile : As is

Custom Female Character : build like R.Mika, Moves and fights like Dark Sakura, Slightly weaker than Akuma but much faster, speed comparable to Chung-Li.

Gen : With small modifications

Akuma
: With small modifications

Ryu : With small modifications

Ken & Gang
: A character I used to play with that was a combination of Ken, Sakura, & Chung-Li

Batsu
: From Rival Schools

Goku
: who can transform all to his saiyan levels.

Vegeta
: who can transform all to his saiyan levels.

Future Trunks
:who can transform all to his saiyan levels.

Morrigan : From Darkstalkers

Gohan : who can transform all to his saiyan levels.
(at this age : http://www.freewebs.com/jrenegadeb/Dragonball%20Z%20-%20Gohan%202%20%281%29.jpg)

Psylocke : with added long range attacks.

In addition I am willing to take input and bounce ideas. As far as stages, life bars, screen packs etc.... I really dont care I just want it to look cool. Any other questions please let me know because I would really like to get this done.
#11  November 29, 2010, 12:52:13 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
That's not too unreasonable as rosters go. Now, you're talking about "small modifications" are you expecting the characters made from the ground up? Or are you asking people to take existing characters you enjoy and convert them to your game.

Still no mention of gameplay. By the sounds of it you actually want one of the SF games or possible VS.

The only stuff in there that's horrible is the DBZ stuff. There are no MSHvSF style sheets to that extent for those 4 characters. And you want all forms which means something like 6 goku sheets, 4 vegeta, and at least 2 for gohan and trunks. At capcom quality, that's a LOT of editing. Also, transformations suck. Badly. By the time you're at transformation 6 for goku, what is he going to be capable of? Killing everything i'm sure.

Anyway, gameplay here s probably the most important aspect as it tells people how much and what sort of work they wish to do.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#12  November 29, 2010, 02:02:05 am
well  I just want the game play to be as smooth as possible. Like i said i don't know whats possible and whats not possible. Let me make one thing clear, I'm not looking for a miracle or asking for unreasonable expectations. I would like you to give me feedback on what's the best way to approach a project of this magnitude.

Secondly for the most part, yes I am asking that designers take existing characters and just touch them up. One thing I really want is for each character to have 1 Super Ultimate Finisher. For example I was thinking for Guile when he has 3x Specials he can do a Final Flash Kick. The animation would consist of Guile kneeling to do a normal flash kick, but you see some sort of energy charging around his feet, and just after he executes the kick the whole screen goes white similar to Akuma's Raging Demon attack.

As far as the drangon ball Z characters go I would like the characters to turn SSJ as an intro if possible. If the transformations to the other stages is out of the question then we can just chalk that idea and do something more simple to execute.

Since im clearly the noob here, im going to assume those of you responding to this post is familiar with Balthazar's GokuZ2.
I was hoping that he or maybe persons as good as him could do characters comparable to his.

Thanks again, to everyone who is giving feedback I really do appreciate it. Please keep the questions coming, I would really love to get this done.