YesNoOk

Kenpachi Zaraki (Updated 10-11-2011) (Read 31106 times)

Started by Dope, December 21, 2010, 02:33:46 am
Share this topic:
Kenpachi Zaraki (Updated 10-11-2011)
#1  December 21, 2010, 02:33:46 am
    • thedopehouse.webs.com/
Comments, criticism, and feedback are welcome. I have no intentions of making a Japanese sound pack so don't ask.

Download
http://www.sendspace.com/file/o0wxfw

Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8nARzXFYKo

Screenshots:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Changelog of updates
Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 06:22:39 am by Dope
Re: Kenpachi Zaraki (Beta)
#2  December 21, 2010, 09:47:36 am
  • Loading....Loading.....Error
Kenpachi was my main in the Bleach DS games. I'll test him later.

I made this sig. :ninja:

Props to a friend for my avvie
#3  December 21, 2010, 12:44:50 pm
  • The future Pirate King!
Wah!!!!!! Nice work Dopefiend/Smokesalot

E.D.I.T: Can you give me the move list. And i thought it's japanese voice :/
Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 01:31:01 pm by Orochi_Chris
#4  December 21, 2010, 02:45:44 pm
  • JoJo is boring
    • USA
Those life bars look nice
#5  December 21, 2010, 05:05:36 pm
Awesome!!! Downloading now!
#6  December 21, 2010, 07:22:45 pm
    • thedopehouse.webs.com/
Kenpachi was my main in the Bleach DS games. I'll test him later.
I'm definitely not going for DS accuracy here so he plays much differently.

Wah!!!!!! Nice work Dopefiend/Smokesalot

E.D.I.T: Can you give me the move list. And i thought it's japanese voice :/
Japanese voice wont be worked on until I have the character fully done. I cant say I like one voice more than the other but his English voice is great and it'll make things easier for me when making the Jap sound pack.

Those life bars look nice
They were released with my screenpack and also have a seperate link for just the lifebars. Both can be found on my site.
#7  December 21, 2010, 10:33:31 pm
Your biggest mistake here was when you decided to create this kenpachi with english voice...

Common people english is so gay for an japanese character!

Next time please dont disappoint me.
#8  December 21, 2010, 10:42:27 pm
  • RIDER KICK!
Your biggest mistake here was when you decided to create this kenpachi with english voice...

How rude of you, this is not feedback, your just being an ass.
._.

Anyways, this character seems nice, i'll try him out :)

"Make the world revolve around you. It's more fun to think that way."
#9  December 21, 2010, 11:09:04 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain

He's free to use whatever voice he wants.though I agree, Japanese voice is better

- Infinite priority in the sword attacks. Some slashes are way too big, so that's a little unfair.

- Combo with "x", then "y" and repeat can reach 10 hits and do 310 damage or more. That's because your normal attacks (all of them) lack cooldown, and some should push the opponent a little further from you. Specially the aerial "x" attack. It's insane how this attack can do like 10 hits and do the same damage as the combo I mentioned.

- Look at what happens with "x" normal attack (the first attack).

-"D,F,x/y/z", there's a part in which CLSN disappear completely.

- Aerial "D,B,x/y/z", some frames after landing still has the clear blue CLSN (aka he cannot be hit). Also, I don't agree making this attack with invincibility frames during all the move. Also, reduce chip damage a little.

- I have a lot of complains about "D,B,a/b/c" (the counter). First, it lasts a lot of time. Two, you're not vulnerable at startup and at the end (when he tries to hide his chest again) (minor problem). Third, this (major problem):
Wrong way to do a counter. You don't need such a huge CLSN for that. You cover the character enough so any attack reaches. But not to make it a full-screen.

- "D,F,a/b/c" should have different versions. Heck, I don't understand why you didn't make different versions of your specials. For this one, it should be about the distance done by the dash before attacking. The only option you put is to go until it reaches the opponent's position and attack. He shouldn't even attack if he misses, btw.

- "F,D,DF,x/y/z" is like a Shoryuken, so why not give it invincibility frames at startup like in a Shoryuken?

- None of your supers can be punished, since you're invincible. Energy release ("D,B,a+b") even makes Kenpachi lose all his CLSN during the entire move. Also, in the Teleport Super ("D,F, x+y". Yeah, I know you may change it, but still reporting) if you connect the attack, then inmediately jump after it has finished you'll still be invincible until you return to the standing stance.
Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 11:39:53 pm by Nanashi_1337
#10  December 22, 2010, 02:30:44 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares

I'm going to treat you the same way you treated the author.

Buzz off, weeabo.
#11  December 22, 2010, 02:32:09 am
    • thedopehouse.webs.com/
First off, I'm using his English voice because I like it equally as the Japanese one. I dont know very many Japanese phrases so using the English one first would allow me to make more accurate phrases for everything when I make the Japanese sound pack.

Ok now let's see what we have here for feedback,
- Infinite priority in the sword attacks. Some slashes are way too big, so that's a little unfair.
This is mentioned in the To Do list in the read me.

- Combo with "x", then "y" and repeat can reach 10 hits and do 310 damage or more. That's because your normal attacks (all of them) lack cooldown, and some should push the opponent a little further from you. Specially the aerial "x" attack. It's insane how this attack can do like 10 hits and do the same damage as the combo I mentioned.
Cool downs and comboability will be worked on for the full version. Also his aerial and crouching "x" attack are meant to be slightly like GGXX, I plan on slowing their speed down a bit though so theyre not so spammable. Also his velocities for his aerial "x" will be readjusted since they were temporary for now.

- Look at what happens with "x" normal attack (the first attack).
Umm I'm not sure if this is some sorta hires mugen glitch or something because if you look at that anim in Fighter Factory you'll see he has a Green Clsn on his whole body for the whole anim. The green clsn is showing up just fine on regular winmugen.

-"D,F,x/y/z", there's a part in which CLSN disappear completely.
Easy fix.

- I have a lot of complains about "D,B,a/b/c" (the counter). First, it lasts a lot of time. Two, you're not vulnerable at startup and at the end (when he tries to hide his chest again) (minor problem). Third, this (major problem):
Wrong way to do a counter. You don't need such a huge CLSN for that. You cover the character enough so any attack reaches. But not to make it a full-screen.
Making him vulnerable at first is easy. As for the Second problem, that's the anim for a successful counter which means P2 will be knocked away and stunned long after he switches back to his stance so this is not a "minor problem" it should be "not a problem". For the third part, reasoning for this is a clsn1 on only his body would make it so only someone who for example punches him and has a blue clsn touching his body would be affected by the counter where as someone who has a weapon with infinite priority would be out of reach and this would be just plain dumb that P2 hits him but is not hurt.

- "D,F,a/b/c" should have different versions.
Read the read me. If you do you'll clearly see in the To Do list that all his specials will have a variant depending on which button is pressed. For example "D,F, a/b/c" will dash further but do less damage if you use "x" and if you use "z" he'll dash a very short distance but do more damage.

- "F,D,DF,x/y/z" is like a Shoryuken, so why not give it invincibility frames at startup like in a Shoryuken?
I guess I can make the first few frames invincible? if that's what people want.

- None of your supers can be punished, since you're invincible. Energy release ("D,B,a+b") even makes Kenpachi lose all his CLSN during the entire move.
I wanted to keep this a bit anime like. Think about it, he's releasing massive amounts of energy for the "energy release" super which has always been Kenpachi's ace in the hole in a rough spot so someone shouldnt be able to get near him while he's releasing such a large amount of energy around him. So bascially yeah he's invincible but it was intentional for that super. Also not sure what you mean about "None of your supers can be punished" because he can be hurt while running/dashing in the start up of the other 2 supers so I have no idea what you mean by he's invincible for all his supers.
Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 02:35:52 am by Sir Smokesalot
#12  December 22, 2010, 03:41:02 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Sometimes accuracy isn't good.
#13  December 22, 2010, 04:59:33 am
  • The Goddess Returns

He's free to use whatever voice he wants.though I agree, Japanese voice is better

*Gets ready to punt Nanashi*
*Finds out he crossed that part out*
*lowers rage*

And as everyone else who commented on SketchBoy said.

GTFO weaboo.

He's perfectly in the right to choose what voice he wants and it technically doesn't matter as both voices are great anyway, but this is probably too hard to comprehend so I'll say it again.

GTFO weaboo.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#14  December 22, 2010, 10:38:24 am
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
For the third part, reasoning for this is a clsn1 on only his body would make it so only someone who for example punches him and has a blue clsn touching his body would be affected by the counter where as someone who has a weapon with infinite priority would be out of reach and this would be just plain dumb that P2 hits him but is not hurt.

If that happens, then the one at fault is the character who has infinite priority, unless that priority is justified. Also, even a counter can miss if the character attacks from a long distance, you know? It's quite strange to use the card attack from Oswald then get hit while I move far away.

I wanted to keep this a bit anime like. Think about it, he's releasing massive amounts of energy for the "energy release" super which has always been Kenpachi's ace in the hole in a rough spot so someone shouldnt be able to get near him while he's releasing such a large amount of energy around him. So bascially yeah he's invincible but it was intentional for that super. Also not sure what you mean about "None of your supers can be punished" because he can be hurt while running/dashing in the start up of the other 2 supers so I have no idea what you mean by he's invincible for all his supers.

By not being able to punish, I mean he's invincible in the dash. I tested it and he cannot be hit in the initial dash of the other supers. Also, for the energy super, you should still put CLSN there, although you can make him unhittable in that move
#15  December 22, 2010, 11:22:14 am
  • Loading....Loading.....Error
I remember the range of the energy burst wasn't that big either (Around a bit around him and above him to catch jumping opponents). It was punishable too.

I made this sig. :ninja:

Props to a friend for my avvie
#16  December 22, 2010, 06:04:50 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org

方法については、次回、実際には彼に実際のフィードバックを与えるために努力をする?

First off, I'm using his English voice because I like it equally as the Japanese one. I dont know very many Japanese phrases so using the English one first would allow me to make more accurate phrases for everything when I make the Japanese sound pack.

Ok now let's see what we have here for feedback,
This is mentioned in the To Do list in the read me.

I would suggest following the 2/3rd rule (CLSN2's box is 2/3rd the width of the CLSN1) if you want priority.
#17  December 22, 2010, 06:57:11 pm
    • thedopehouse.webs.com/
It's quite strange to use the card attack from Oswald then get hit while I move far away.
The counter only works on normal attacks (not any kind of projectiles), the problem sounds like Oswald's card throw is marked as a normal attack instead of a special attack or projectile. The counter doesnt work on projectiles at all so to me it sounds like a problem with Oswald.
#18  December 23, 2010, 03:29:23 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala

never make a post like this again, k?
#19  December 26, 2010, 09:45:40 am
  • The future Pirate King!
so how many percent this char right now?
#20  December 26, 2010, 09:54:54 am
    • thedopehouse.webs.com/
The beta in this thread is 75% but I already did most of the feedback fixes mentioned and finished making all the variants for all the specials and almost have his eye patch removal mode done so I'd say he's about 85% right now. I dont plan on posting the updated version though. People will have to wait until it's fully done so the beta in this thread will have to do for now. This thread's only purpose is for feedback and suggestions for the full version.