YesNoOk

Lightning Kyosuke (Read 7509 times)

Started by Roks, January 14, 2011, 10:08:24 pm
Share this topic:
Lightning Kyosuke
#1  January 14, 2011, 10:08:24 pm
Hey y'all, what's up  ;D
It's been a while since I have posted anything so I'll be blunt.
Here's my new character Lightning Kyosuke. He's basically an edited kyosuke from Rival Schools or Capcom vs Snk 2 (which ever you prefer ::))

I was trying to go for something new but still felt familiar.
here are some more pics
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
His play style borrows from many different games (MvC,CvS2,SF3 etc.) his combo-ing is very loose, most attacks can chain it almost every other attacks but there are restrictions.
Anyway you can download him here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/euheya

Feedback is always welcomed, both negative and positive

and that's it, thanks and enjoy  :)
Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 04:47:49 am by Roks

GT

Re: Lightning Kyosuke
#2  January 14, 2011, 10:42:29 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - gt_ruby
-Using lightning sounds as whiff sounds was a bad idea dude. Please use normal whiff sounds.
-Air Lightning Ball needs gravity to be triggered at animelemno 6. I think using that would look allot better than having him float for several second before descending.
-Also, please note that the swiping lightning effect on the lightning slam doesn't match Kyosuke's animation.
-22 hits on the HP Lightning Beam. Don't you think that's too much?
-Your movecontact triggers are a bit off. I can do LP, into F.LP and repeat (Same with LK,F.LK, and MK, F.MK).
-Allot of your normals (F.MP) come out too quickly. I'm able to connect 3 MPs in a row (and sometimes use LP, FP afterward).
-LP is spammable (Can connect up to 5 hits).
-Level 2 Lightning Storm is full screen, and even though it does little damage, I don't see a reason for it to be.
-I've also noticed that pretty much all of your normals have blue clsn covering the red. While it's obvious that your intentions were good and you were trying to keep things fair, you should keep this in mind :

Cyanide said:
You could probably alter the hitboxes for a bit more zoning rather than just covering them up. Bit's where PARTS of the attack will outprioritise rather than a simple hit or not. Generally round the very tip of the attack itself.
-The readme doesn't list the, uh, Slash Kick.

Oh and you've given some moves too much priority.

Your effects aren't trans'd properly
Yeah Titiln, in fact, You Made Him
#3  January 15, 2011, 04:42:41 am
Thanks for the feedback.
fixed the gravity on air lightning ball
-Also, please note that the swiping lightning effect on the lightning slam doesn't match Kyosuke's animation.
got rid of it
-Your movecontact triggers are a bit off. I can do LP, into F.LP and repeat (Same with LK,F.LK, and MK, F.MK).
-Allot of your normals (F.MP) come out too quickly. I'm able to connect 3 MPs in a row (and sometimes use LP, FP afterward).
-LP is spammable (Can connect up to 5 hits).
all fixed
Now for the stuff I need some clarification on:
-Using lightning sounds as whiff sounds was a bad idea dude. Please use normal whiff sounds.
are you saying this because you personally find the sounds annoying or because there is no visual effect to justify the sound or something completely different.
-22 hits on the HP Lightning Beam. Don't you think that's too much?

well for one I didn't know how to code the move any other way, however the move itself doesn't take off that much damage so I thought it could balance it out that way.
-Level 2 Lightning Storm is full screen, and even though it does little damage, I don't see a reason for it to be.
well level1 lightning has a very short range of attack and level 3 homes in on the opponent so I made level 2 full screen so that it could have range but you don't need a full power bar. However I am open to suggestions what do you will fit as level 2 lightning storm.
-I've also noticed that pretty much all of your normals have blue clsn covering the red. While it's obvious that your intentions were good and you were trying to keep things fair, you should keep this in mind :

Quote from: Cyanide

You could probably alter the hitboxes for a bit more zoning rather than just covering them up. Bit's where PARTS of the attack will outprioritise rather than a simple hit or not. Generally round the very tip of the attack itself.
I've changed some things but my understanding of priorities is limited.

I don't understand what you mean. I use fighter factory and i manage transparency in animations, is there better way of doing this.

anyway new link above
Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 04:49:06 am by Roks

GT

#4  January 15, 2011, 04:29:31 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - gt_ruby
You have the animation of most of your effects set to have a transparency of A1 when A looks allot better.

are you saying this because you personally find the sounds annoying or because there is no visual effect to justify the sound or something completely different.
I'm saying that because I find the sounds unnecessary because there are no visual effects to justify them.

well for one I didn't know how to code the move any other way, however the move itself doesn't take off that much damage so I thought it could balance it out that way.

Use Uniqhitcount as a trigger. You can control the amount of hits your move can do this way.

#5  January 16, 2011, 01:45:05 am
okay, will change thanks again.
#6  January 24, 2011, 11:09:21 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Might as well leave my feedback.
- Slightly overcomplicated stand CLSNs.
- No voice on intro.
- Too much priority on QCF+P.
- HCF+P doesn't knock down.
- QCF+K needs transparencies.
- Lightning sounds as whiffsounds does not work.
- QCF+P really needs transparencies.
- Level 1 and 2 QCFx2+P do the same damage.
- QCFx2+P in air is weak on all variants.
- Super damage as a whole is very weak.
*Level 1s should do 190-225.
*Level 2s should do 250-330.
*Level 3s should do 350-450.
(the above is just my standard; exceptions happen)
#7  January 25, 2011, 12:21:17 pm
  • I must be allergic to money cos I never have it
I don't understand what you mean. I use fighter factory and i manage transparency in animations, is there better way of doing this.

anyway new link above

I think he means that the effects should be set to "additive" rather than being just transparent.
3d rocks!
#8  January 27, 2011, 01:07:44 am
Thanks for the feedback.
- Slightly overcomplicated stand CLSNs.
- No voice on intro.
- Too much priority on QCF+P.
- HCF+P doesn't knock down.
- QCF+K needs transparencies.
- Lightning sounds as whiffsounds does not work.
- QCF+P really needs transparencies.
- Level 1 and 2 QCFx2+P do the same damage.
- QCFx2+P in air is weak on all variants.
- Super damage as a whole is very weak.
*Level 1s should do 190-225.
*Level 2s should do 250-330.
*Level 3s should do 350-450.
-since kyosuke has an open stance I it would be better coverage if the clsns were like that, that way he wouldn't hit in the open space  between his arm and his leg.
-I will add a voice in my next update
-I will change the priority on lightning ball
-I didn't intend to make lightning beam to know down opponent
-I'll add transparencies but I could have sworn I did that before.
-GT-Goku already addressed this and I will change it when I update him
-again I thought did that but i guess not, i'll add the transparencies
-the initial bolt does the same amount of damage in all three levels but the subsequent bolts add damage in the level 2 and 3 versions.
- I'll tweak the damage levels on all supers
I think he means that the effects should be set to "additive" rather than being just transparent.
yeah GT-goku already clarified that, I'll change it when I update him
Thanks again the next update will be with my next release.
#9  January 27, 2011, 01:09:06 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
You're welcome. :)

GT

#10  January 27, 2011, 02:47:39 am
    • USA
    • Skype - gt_ruby
Hey... My post didn't get through. :(

Roks

-since kyosuke has an open stance I it would be better coverage if the clsns were like that, that way he wouldn't hit in the open space  between his arm and his leg.

Clsn are subjective. Just make them neat, clean, and consistent.