YesNoOk

Dope's Projects (Current: Future Trunks) [Download Inside] (Read 72170 times)

Started by Dope, February 20, 2011, 09:50:31 am
Share this topic:
Dope's Projects (Current: Future Trunks) [Download Inside]
New #1  February 20, 2011, 09:50:31 am
    • thedopehouse.webs.com/
Here's a list of my current projects.

Future Trunks

4 attack button character akin to my newer bleach style characters but with some custom flare. Also has a dash button and a custom gauge that serves multiple purposes. See my Kenpachi WIP below if you want more details on how the custom gauge works and the dash system. Any sort of contributions like sounds or sprite edits are welcome for this project. Current public alpha (7-7-2016):
https://www.sendspace.com/file/vwcfly

Berserk Sagat

Character Overview
Some of you may be aware of my update I made for Kurai Naito's Sagat in 2011. I'm using that as my base for this custom Sagat that I've dubbed Berserk Sagat. This one has six attack buttons instead of the usual four that SNK uses. He'll play very similar as Kurai Naito's but he'll have traditional Sagat attacks plus some new revised specials and supers with my own twist on them. Some of his attacks will look more aggressive than your typical Sagat as if he were enraged and going all out, hence the name Berserk Sagat. No this isn't one of those many crap Dark/Evil/Orochi/SSJ7 edits. He's not overpowered at all and there aren't a bunch of fx covering him to make him look like a new character.

Current beta (6-11-2015):
https://www.sendspace.com/file/ng06hv

Silver Samurai

I'm not going for any particular style on this one. Just doin my own thing like I always do. He'll have a revised moveset with all his traditional attacks as well as some custom ones that I'll come up with. I'm also too lazy to start a Silver Samurai from scratch so I'll be using someone else's as a base and edit everything from there.

Kenpachi Zaraki

Kenpachi has a separate project thread here:
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/kenpachi-zaraki-download-inside-minor-sprite-help-wanted-158955.0.html

Gabriel Belmont

Gabriel has a separate project thread here:
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/gabriel-belmont-castlevania-lords-shadow-160148.0.html

The spoiler below contains all of my postponed projects:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 12:37:49 am by Dope
Re: Dope's Projects
#2  February 20, 2011, 01:12:03 pm
  • Rurouni Fan
  • The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
    • www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWlQGjKyJWoXxMR8nrea7P4R9C0JnA-_
Grimmjow? ...Really?
That's great, finally more decent bleach chars.
But super amor.. i think would be better edit sprites to get hit, super amor don't fit well.
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
#3  February 20, 2011, 07:57:45 pm
    • thedopehouse.webs.com/
I agree I'd rather him not have super armor and have hit sprites but there'd be a lot of get hit sprites to do which I dont feel like doing yet so for now he has super armor until I (or anyone else) feels like spriting the get hits.

The good thing about this Grimmjow character is that if I or anyone else feels like making edits for Grimmjow then a lot of the work for the character will already be done and the new sprites can just be easily added.
#4  February 20, 2011, 08:01:36 pm
  • Your Channel 6 News Anchor is in another Castle!
    • dcat.mugen-infantry.net/
You're doing the transparency on those flame effects incorrectly. You need to add an A into the Trans field of Fighter factory on each frame of animation so that they'll appear in Mugen with transparency applied to them.
#5  February 20, 2011, 08:14:10 pm
    • thedopehouse.webs.com/
Just using A looks terrible. It doesnt even look like real fire when you use A for trans, it looks like some sort of ghost fire that wouldnt hurt someone because it's so transparent looking. It does look like I should increase my trans a bit though.
#6  February 20, 2011, 08:34:39 pm
  • Your Channel 6 News Anchor is in another Castle!
    • dcat.mugen-infantry.net/
Maybe you should change the flame effects entirely then. High-Res sparks & effects on characters with low-res sprites rarely looks appealing
#7  February 20, 2011, 08:42:25 pm
    • thedopehouse.webs.com/
These were the only flame effects in general I could find that worked for his sword slashes. The ones from the source game are just awful and dont look like fire even though theyre supposed to. So unless someone can find me some better flame effects to use I'm gonna have to stick with these.
#8  February 21, 2011, 08:33:36 am
  • Half Mutant, Half Saiyan
For your grimmjow you could take some sprites from the one giovanni did, includes jump,gethit and crouch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D28stqt9VDM
Also, any chance you would consider revamping ssjsongoku's ikkaku, just like you did with his kenpachi?. You did an awesome job with a kenpachi I really disliked. They have more or less the same personality and the char already has a decent AI.
#9  February 21, 2011, 08:57:28 am
    • thedopehouse.webs.com/
No I'm not going to use giovanni's sprites. They dont look too bad but I'd rather use the official sprites and my own edits. I took a look at Hisagi's sprites earlier though and turns out their sprites are almost the same size and style so I might edit a bunch of Hisagi sprites into Grimmjow eventually. I already edited Hisagi's run into Grimmjow to see how that'd work out and I like it

Also, any chance you would consider revamping ssjsongoku's ikkaku, just like you did with his kenpachi?. You did an awesome job with a kenpachi I really disliked. They have more or less the same personality and the char already has a decent AI.
Well Bwdyeti already did a really good job at making an Ikkaku so I dont see a reason to. Plus I wouldnt be able to come up with much for Ikkaku and I'm not much of an Ikkaku fan to begin with. So sorry but no.
#10  February 21, 2011, 03:10:02 pm
  • Half Mutant, Half Saiyan
Well that's a really nice edit, and I hope you can edit the gethits, crouch and jump sprites.
As for some attack ideas:

Specials:
*Chargeable cero: the longer you hold it, the stronger it gets.
*Multiple punches: something like johnny's gin attack
. Grimmjow used this on ichigo in their first fight.
*Running stab: Press attack command while running, grimmjow uses sonido and stabs the opponent with his hand/sword. He used this on rukia the first time he invaded karakura. (Or you could use the idea for an hyper, just like the stormex-ogihci's one)

Supers/Hypers:
* Grab the opponent and blow it away with a cero. He used this against ulquiorra, and whe he saved orihime from the female arrancar.

As for ulquiorra, They were never closer as friends or something, I don't think that would fit grimmjow at all(same goes for any other helper)

Good luck with the project!!!
#11  February 21, 2011, 06:09:36 pm
  • Rurouni Fan
  • The dream is nothing yet drive us to the end.
    • www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaWlQGjKyJWoXxMR8nrea7P4R9C0JnA-_
Great work. But be careful, someone can steal rip it.
One day someone will rip the Inuyasha stages... Not today nor tomorrow, probably not even in this decade. But you know, someday... :')

Did you play the new
#12  February 21, 2011, 06:46:55 pm
    • thedopehouse.webs.com/
As for ulquiorra, They were never closer as friends or something, I don't think that would fit grimmjow at all(same goes for any other helper)
Yeah I know, the Ulquiorra is because of Grimmjow's lack of moves and sprites and because a good Ulquiorra won't be made for mugen due to lack of sprites. Once you see the Ulquiorra set up in action you won't care whether or not they were close in the anime. I was thinking of adding someone else like Stark as a striker (you know StormEX style where they flash step in and then flash step out after the attack) because of the lack of sprites for moves for Grimmjow but since Hisagi's got a lot of sprites I can edit I might just scratch that idea.

Great work. But be careful, someone can steal rip it.
It's just one anim so I don't really care. Everyone'll still know that I made it. The only bleach mugener that I know that's enough of a douche to do something like that is Giovanni but his characters have crap gameplay so I'm not worried about it.
#13  March 12, 2011, 09:21:25 am
    • thedopehouse.webs.com/
I havent been doing any mugen creating in almost a month but now I'm getting back to work on some things. The first thing I'm doing is updating Alucard because he's the easiest and funnest to work on. So if there's anything anyone thinks needs changed or improved on Akimoto's Alucard now is the time to speak up.

Some of the first things I'm going to be doing on Alucard is adjusting the speed of the ground melt evade (already finished this), lengthening the time a bit for the Limiter Release super because the amount of damage you could do with it was only about a level 1 or level 2 super damage range even though it takes 3 bars to use, and changing/adding effects from Ragna of BlazBlue because they seem much more Alucard like than the ones he's got.

So now would be the time to post any suggestions anyone has for Alucard. Also soon I'm going to be adding Johnny's projects to this thread since we help each other out a lot on our projects so it'll be easier to list both of our projects in the same thread.
Re: Dope's Projects (Current WIP: Alucard)
#14  March 16, 2011, 03:34:56 am
    • thedopehouse.webs.com/
Here's a preview of one of the revised Alucard moves. It needs some tweaking but you can see where I'm going with it.

Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 04:36:46 am by Sir Smokesalot
#15  March 16, 2011, 11:17:53 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Sweet. :)
That's the kind of move you'd expect to make the opponent fall though.
#16  March 16, 2011, 06:29:09 pm
    • thedopehouse.webs.com/
That was actually something I was debating. I wasnt sure if I should have P2 land safely or if making him fall would be cheap. I'll switch it to a fall then and see how well that works. By the way I'm probably gonna have a copy for you to try out within the next few days Cybaster :)

I learned a lot from making Kenpachi and now that I played with Alucard again I'm seeing a lot of things that need improved coding and gameplay.

I just wish I had my Alucard voice clips that I ripped last year. I mustve deleted them because I cant find them and Akimoto hasnt been online in forever so I dont know if he still has them. I guess I'm just gonna have to rerip them but oh well.
#17  March 16, 2011, 06:51:04 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
nice work...hope to see a more refined Alucard soon
#18  March 17, 2011, 12:20:07 am
    • thedopehouse.webs.com/
Here's another special move I revamped. I replaced the single hit drill launcher with this.

There's of course frame loss and the speed is slowed down but I think it looks nice in gameplay.
#19  March 20, 2011, 06:54:19 am
    • thedopehouse.webs.com/
I've done quite a bit of progress done on Alucard so far. I didn't like how his air x and y attacks were the same move due to lack of sprites so I came up with my own attack using Ragna's claw effect

Also I hated his crouch x. It didnt even look like an attack. So I switched his crouch y to crouch x and give him a new crouch y that's similar to the air y. The sprites of Alucard for the attack are temporary edits that I made fast and sloppily, I'm going to end up editing some sprites of Nero Chaos into Alucard for this attack so it should look great

And this is a super I made that I'm sort of experimenting with. It's supposed to be the typical hand lunge Alucard does but it seems lacking and I might scrap the idea all together unless I can think of a way to make it look a lot better visually

I'm in need of some testers though so if any contributors would like to do some testing hit me up.
#20  March 20, 2011, 07:37:18 pm
  • The cycle of life and death continues
the project seems to be progressing nicely, wish you luck
Titiln said:
you need to be yourself. and by yourself i mean you need to be me. study my post history and implement it into your life. suddenly girls will want to have sex with you. thank me later and post your success stories here