YesNoOk

ShotoBorg Mk. II Updated(3/29/2011) (Read 7952 times)

Started by Kamekaze, March 27, 2011, 12:04:09 am
Share this topic:
ShotoBorg Mk. II Updated(3/29/2011)
#1  March 27, 2011, 12:04:09 am
  • Sr. Black Person
  • Mess with the chuchu you get the pewpew
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world

http://kamekaze.clubsyn-x-treme.net/

Changelog:
-Hadouken pseudo-infinite removed.

Ok this took me a lot longer than it should have by far, but nonetheless here it is. Shotoborg started off as something I had planned for this year at some point, I actually started on him like in early February. I worked on him off and on between sailor scouts because he kept piquing peaking my interests. As I am sure he piques peaks yours too. So what exactly is he? Shoto-clone would be close but not entirely correct. He is designed with the best version of ryu, ken, and akuma's movesets. For example his hadouken is as follows : LP = ryu, mp = ken, hp = akuma. He also has super art select via sf3. I did this for balance reasons as sf2 only had one super to be used. Shotoborg has 4 supers, I'll let the readme explain why that is. He also comes with a boss mode that is able to use everything. Almost every aspect of his playstyle can be edited; he has turbo select, damage select, the ability to stun and how much it takes, or to just flat out disasble stun capabilities, and hard coded super select for those who only want him to stay one way. Boss mode is also found in this config.txt Lastly, to avoid silly questions I've composed a small FAQ.

Code:
F.A.Q.
------

Q. When I'm stunned can I mash out like on sf2?
A. Yes.

Q. Shotoborg does too much damage.
A. READ THE FUCKING CONFIG FILE.

Q. What does boss mode do?
A. It is a AI only mode that can do all of the supers that are normally
   selectable.

Q. Is this based of zion's Cyborg
A. No, I started on this much before his was even heard about, let alone released.

Q. Does he have palette select like some of your other works?
A. Yes

Q. I want to use ShotoBorg in my AI tourny, which set up gives me the best results?
A. 1000 stun, Boss mode, turbo 3

It is also worth mentioning that Shotoborg is in turbo 3 by default as that is the standard. You can turn turbo off if you like. His play style is based on SSF2T.
Want to feel useful for a useless show? click here
119/150 Chars, I'm not dead yet....the true surprise is in my thread.
Hahahah fuck you photobucket.
Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 11:54:26 pm by OverKing Kamekaze
Re: ShotoBorg Mk. II Released
#2  March 27, 2011, 12:17:00 am
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm

What the hell does Mk. II stand for? And...I almost pissed my pants when I read "is the pennicle of science" on your site.

Downloading and testing right away. If it is THAT good then nobody should ever make another single Shoto for mugen, EVER AGAIN after this!  :P

BTW, I am polishing up a few MVC2 Hyper Portraits that I will release in a pack and you will be the first to sample the awesome new quality. Preview.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#3  March 27, 2011, 12:20:26 am
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
MK. II = Mark 2, aka second edition. Why did I put that? Iunno, maybe I'll say in the future.
#4  March 27, 2011, 01:15:55 am
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
MK. II = Mark 2, aka second edition. Why did I put that? Iunno, maybe I'll say in the future.
Silly me...Of course! Like Ironman Robot revisions...the Mark 2.

Just tested and couldn't find out any bugs so far, although at one point he did the hadouken anim but nothing came out...I bet that was like an intentional fake though.

Gonna try and beat him at BOSS mode now.

Thanks for always sharing your great stuff.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#5  March 27, 2011, 07:23:17 am
  • I'm not a player, I guard-crush a lot.
    • USA
    • mugenorama.smeenet.org/index.html
-Throws are reversed (ex. Left+z throws to the right, and Right+c throws to the left.).  SF throws always have the opponent thrown in the same direction that is being held.
-Throws also don't seem to be affected by damage settings in config.txt (tested at lowest damage settings).
-Shakunetsu Hadouken looks weird without burn FX.
-Minor quibble: Tatsumaki commands in the readme are listed with x/y/z when it should be a/b/c.

Aside from what I pointed out, this is very, very good.  I'm definitely a fan of this take on the cyborg.  :)
#6  March 27, 2011, 07:38:08 am
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
Nice release. I like it. Though some of the sprite & spark offsets look strange. Also, if he is based off Ken, isn't his kick throw supposed to roll the opponent around? Or is his kick throw like Ryu's, just his standing kicks are more like Ken's? I never played the real game featuring him, so I don't know.

Also, Color # 15 is EPIC WIN!  ;D

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."
#7  March 27, 2011, 08:46:12 am
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
-Throws are reversed (ex. Left+z throws to the right, and Right+c throws to the left.).  SF throws always have the opponent thrown in the same direction that is being held.
-Throws also don't seem to be affected by damage settings in config.txt (tested at lowest damage settings).
-Shakunetsu Hadouken looks weird without burn FX.
-Minor quibble: Tatsumaki commands in the readme are listed with x/y/z when it should be a/b/c.

Aside from what I pointed out, this is very, very good.  I'm definitely a fan of this take on the cyborg.  :)

-Will fix
-FFFFFFFFFFFF I thought Attackmulset would effect throws too. I guess not, will fix.
- ah, thanks Will fix.

Fixed.
;==========
He's based on shotos in general. Ken, Ryu, and Akuma. As far as offsets, what do you mean? And in the game he was in you only could choose to fight ryu or fight another cyborg. He is actually missing a couple kick anims but I didn't really need them anyway. Anywho thanks.

This feels so weird cause I remember when I used to email you my betas back in 2k6-2k7 lol. That was a loooooooong time ago.
Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 08:59:19 am by OverKing Kamekaze
Re: ShotoBorg Mk. II Updated(3/27/2011)
#8  March 27, 2011, 03:38:10 pm
  • El Sanguif es mas macho!
I think you mean pique, not peak. Peak is the high point of a mountain, or to reach an apex, whereas pique means to arouse interest or curiosity in.

Thank you for the release.
#9  March 27, 2011, 07:24:39 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
I think you mean pique, not peak. Peak is the high point of a mountain, or to reach an apex, whereas pique means to arouse interest or curiosity in.

Thank you for the release.

You would be right if I weren't using it in the context that I did. I meant peak as the highest point because now your interest has reached its highest point aka the peak. So yeah I used peak right.
#10  March 27, 2011, 09:01:39 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala

So those feint hadoukens are a part of his gameplay?

- Shotoborg's hadoukens produce shadows but his shinkuu hadouken dosen't.
- KFM's intro and ending are on Shotoborg's folder.
#11  March 27, 2011, 09:35:35 pm
What game is he from? He's so quiet.
#12  March 27, 2011, 09:44:05 pm
  • Lilly,Jbs Jr. are my world
    • USA
hes not actually from a game he a character from the street fighter anime movie.........atleast i believe thats what was said about it before,if im wrong sorry  :sugoi:
#13  March 27, 2011, 09:46:56 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
Damn, I was making the same char, with the same same (MK II)...
#14  March 27, 2011, 10:01:55 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala

#15  March 27, 2011, 10:28:29 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
Damn, I was making the same char, with the same same (MK II)...

That's not suprising, a lot of people have different ideas for him. I just wanted mine to be a boss char.
So those feint hadoukens are a part of his gameplay?

- Shotoborg's hadoukens produce shadows but his shinkuu hadouken dosen't.
- KFM's intro and ending are on Shotoborg's folder.

- will fix.
- Thought I got rid of that XD, but will fix.
#16  March 27, 2011, 10:32:27 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
#17  March 28, 2011, 04:58:21 am
  • El Sanguif es mas macho!
You would be right if I weren't using it in the context that I did. I meant peak as the highest point because now your interest has reached its highest point aka the peak. So yeah I used peak right.

First you said, "he kept peakingmy interests" which is incorrect. You used it as a verb, in which case you should have said, "he caused my interest to peak" or "he made my interest peak". It implies that he, your subject, peaks at doing something, not just something. Secondly, you said "As I am sure he peaks yours too." which is again, incorrect. This is just an awkward sentence unless you use the correct word, pique. You should have written something resembling your reply above. "Your interest has probably peaked" or "Your interest should have reached its peak" would have been better. Using the proper word would have been best. So yeah, you're welcome.

Just so this post isn't devoid of feedback, I'm not a fan of the monochrome palettes.
#18  March 28, 2011, 05:50:45 am
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
#19  March 28, 2011, 06:59:56 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
I noticed something:

When I hit p2 with the self destruction move on Training, Cyborg destroys itself...but you will keep hear the attack sounds when you press the buttons.
#20  March 28, 2011, 08:00:41 pm
  • Sr. Black Person
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
Training mode kinda of breaks these things all the time ._. but I guess I'll just make him magically change back or something in training mode.