Progress (Read 667454 times)

Started by Neocide, January 23, 2011, 06:31:53 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Progress
#21  March 06, 2011, 10:29:48 am
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Don't forget about me, Neo  ;P
I guess it's safe to say i'm GokuZ2's most vivid betatester besides cy himself :P
And i've turned my back on DBZ-ish mugen chars but you've peaked my interest again, so let's have it  ;) !
#22  March 06, 2011, 11:46:21 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
we'll see, I have  certain people I'm giving the first beta to. I want to get more insight on other aspects from other testers later, mainly more gameplay wise. this first one will be focusing on code itself. So I'll be asking more of my coding buddies to test.
#23  March 07, 2011, 12:29:01 am
    • Poland
It's been while since I betatested something (mainly ShugenDo stuff) but if you need gameplay input & bug finder I can try help, cuz I want contribute in this project somewhat ^^
"If our lives are indeed the sum total of the choices we've made, then we cannot change who we are. But with every new choice we're given, we can change who we're going to be." The Outer Limits S04E04

"If knowledge is power and power corrupts... how will human kind ever survive?" The Outer Limits S04E16
#24  March 07, 2011, 08:09:32 am
    • Netherlands
@neo
gotcha  ;)
#25  March 07, 2011, 12:22:48 pm
İ Can assist aswell if needed with beta testing. This will be Awesome.
#26  March 07, 2011, 03:06:29 pm
  • I stand alone.
    • UK
    • hyperionx.net
so I'll show some more screens then, and cybaster if you read this, possibly a beta for ya by the end of next week or the beginning of the week after (I will be busy next week with work.Stupid inventory.)

hohohoho. Here we come!!!

Don't PM me. =(
(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)
Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 10:03:06 am by ⒻⓊⒸⓀⓎⒺⒶⒽ
#27  March 07, 2011, 11:24:42 pm
  • The Barbarian
  • Most ****able 2013
    • USA
    • Skype - chronostrifeff7h@hotmail.com
HyperionSeX  :ninja:
#28  March 08, 2011, 02:27:08 pm
HyperionSeX  :ninja:

:o
#29  March 19, 2011, 05:15:48 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
3-18-11

Progress on vegeta's extra sprites has gone slowly, one reason is due to the fact I caught a virus on my computer which I've seemed to fix. I've also lost motivation for spriting because lets face it, it gets boring, one row is left of his body suit to do, then its on to the easiest and most boring parts in the gloves and shoes. then I can start on getting the base going so my assumption of a base sometime this week is off, But I will pm those who I am sending it out to when I have it ready (hopefully before the 1st of April?)
#30  March 29, 2011, 09:13:08 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
3-29-11

vegeta's sprites finally done, going to start coding the base tomorrow. YAY, few weeks after that I'll have a beta up for my testers to try out, hopefully with the WHOLE system.
#31  March 30, 2011, 01:45:13 am
  • The Barbarian
  • Most ****able 2013
    • USA
    • Skype - chronostrifeff7h@hotmail.com
Hurray! Vegeta seemed to be doing everything in his power to slow you down. Glad your finally done all his reshading and new sprites.
#32  March 30, 2011, 11:30:28 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
* ξ Bastard wants to see sprites/animated GIFs/screenshots !!!
#33  March 30, 2011, 01:39:23 pm
    • Netherlands
As does Balthazar!
#34  March 30, 2011, 08:26:25 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
I'll try to get some up today or tomorrow, my coding is a bit rusty, so I'm moving a little slow with it =p

just finished his basic comboing and chaining, I think I'm gonna need some testing sooner rather than later to test out the linking and if everything feels tight.
Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 05:27:08 am by Neocide
#35  April 01, 2011, 01:48:40 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
* ξ Bastard wants to see sprites/animated GIFs/screenshots !!!

well I can do you one better, since I'm kinda stuck a little, maybe you could test out the bare system atm (all the basic chains are in, nothing with the Z system yet.) I just need some rundown on it, if it feels loose, needs to be tighten here and there etc, before I just into the Z special system.
#36  April 06, 2011, 06:57:52 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
@E

hey I am going to have a beta for you to try like today hopefully, I can pm you the link or send it through msn if you have it, your probably my biggest person I'm looking for advice from. the system is somewhat different from what I intentionally explained.

but its fun none the less, my biggest issue for my testers, besides bugs, is how tight everything feels, and if I should change some of the Z specials, E when you get him and have a slight idea, I can send you the sheets to see what I'm working with.

#37  April 07, 2011, 01:39:10 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
just finished the ki attacks, now I need to do the agility attacks and the basic system setup is 70% done yay me!

ok loads of shots for the three basic system attack combos or whatever

Melee: starts with a dashing elbow, that knocks the opponent in the air some, then followed up by a smashing elbow sending the opponent down, then last followed up with a quick punch to really send them into the ground
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Power: Starts off with a punch to the gut, stunning the opponent,followed up by an elbow sending the opponent to the ground and bouncing (I might change this to another move causing the same effect) then followed up by a leaping jump kick
sending the opponent into the wall

Ki: pretty simple, one ki shot is fired then another, then finally a third two palmed blast.

Fx are placeholders for now, don't have any hitsparks atm either (I'm up for suggestions on both)

as of now the system is sorta like mvc2 (although I haven't added a launcher yet) with the z attacks (the screens I showed) working as the secondary system replacing specials, to start any Z attack, you'll have to do a qcf, motion, followed by said button (X for melee, Y for Ki,A for Power, B for teleport) after that, you'd hit the same button you use two more times at the right time for the 2nd and third hits. for instance, qcf,x,x,x

the z attacks dont end with just those basic combos, from there you can chain from any Z attack from another, but you'll have to do a command of either a HCF, or HCB, plus said button. so if your starting out by doing a melee, which would be qcf,x then you want to chain that into a ki attack you'd do hcf, y

also each chained combo (the Half Circle motion) creates a new type of combo not seen in the basic 3 hitter combo. all z attack combos consist of 3 different hits, same with the chained combos. they also link with the basic system so there's plenty of comboing possible.

Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 02:06:29 am by Neocide
#38  April 07, 2011, 04:03:51 am
    • Poland
Your DBZ gameplay vision is very much like mine. I always loved characters with great combo potential with all sort of possibilities. Specials & Super eventually gets bored but until you can discover new way of linking one thing to another, there is unlimited fun.

I hope you wil release some sort of demo when you complete some characters so I can just try out your improved system.
"If our lives are indeed the sum total of the choices we've made, then we cannot change who we are. But with every new choice we're given, we can change who we're going to be." The Outer Limits S04E04

"If knowledge is power and power corrupts... how will human kind ever survive?" The Outer Limits S04E16
#39  April 07, 2011, 04:17:25 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
a demo is a little ways off, I dont want one till the screenpack is at least done, with 4 people. My enthusiasm for coding right now is somewhat  down due to other outside issues, but I'm slowly working my way back into it
#40  April 07, 2011, 11:04:04 am
That's nice !

Just a short comment until i have more time : Why is there a color diffrenciation between legs and arms?

I suppose this is in order to make a buu saga palette or something like that, but thoses colors are maybe too differents  :kungfugoi: