YesNoOk

One thing I love about GG storylines, (Read 1309 times)

Started by blake639, April 10, 2011, 06:31:04 pm
Share this topic:
One thing I love about GG storylines,
#1  April 10, 2011, 06:31:04 pm

One thing I love about Guilty Gear story lines is that the good chars and the bad chars aren't so concretely determined, much of it is up to interpretation. Granted I'd say That Man is a bad guy.. Justice was bad... Sol Badguy is up to interpretation, he's more of an anti-hero than anything.... In fact, I think most of their chars are debatable as to rather they are good or bad.
Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 06:37:56 pm by blake639
Re: One thing I love about GG storylines,
#2  April 10, 2011, 06:45:54 pm
  • ロッキングガール
  • 「目指すはクールでロックなアイドル!」
    • twitter.com/c001357

Actually I would argue that Sol is a Badguy. Much evidence points to this fact. This can be seen from the original to Accent Core and even in the extra materials. There you have it.

CF7

#3  April 10, 2011, 07:31:33 pm
#4  April 10, 2011, 08:01:16 pm

I can't post on those other threads because they are over 30 days old.
#5  April 10, 2011, 08:03:13 pm

Actually I would argue that Sol is a Badguy. Much evidence points to this fact. This can be seen from the original to Accent Core and even in the extra materials. There you have it.

Yeah, but he did take out Justice, didn't he?.... Other chars I can define as definite good guys/gals, Dizzy and Anji Mito....
#6  April 10, 2011, 09:01:33 pm
  • Fuck You.
hes THE fucking guilty gear

hes guilty because he pretty much fucked up everything by creating the gears and is atoning by taking out said gears

his aloof attitude is just a front

THERE you have it :gonk:
i cant count the reasons i should stay

one by one they all just fade away...

http://nero-blanco.deviantart.com/
#7  April 10, 2011, 10:42:18 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
yaoi fighting games.
#8  April 10, 2011, 10:51:50 pm
  • Yo.
Sol isn't a bad guy, he's just trying to do some good after [unintentionally] starting a bloody war that killed most of the human population. I just love how they completely story-wise nerfed him after he left the Order, he was a fucking monster while he was still preaching.

PROTIP: Sol probably raped Justice after GG, so Dizzy is his daughter, that's probably why she feels so comfortable around him.

Ky said:
Leave my son alone you homosexual freak!

Sol said:
YOU FUCK MY KID, I FUCK YOURS.

#9  April 10, 2011, 11:14:31 pm

Well yeah, he started off as a concrete bad guy, then he realized what he had done and tried to fix the problem he created... Although he may employ questionable methods. So it's still arguable if he's a good guy or a bad guy, it depends on interpretation. The more popular interpretation (at least according to this thread) is that he's a bad guy. There are other chars like this too though, like Venom for example, or Zato-1. Or Millia Rage....

Honestly I'm just now starting to get into GG, so I only know what I have read on it...
#10  April 10, 2011, 11:36:44 pm
  • ロッキングガール
  • 「目指すはクールでロックなアイドル!」
    • twitter.com/c001357

Yeah, but he did take out Justice, didn't he?.... Other chars I can define as definite good guys/gals, Dizzy and Anji Mito....

'

Thanks, this was all i needed to know.
#11  April 10, 2011, 11:42:42 pm
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
Sol was never bad nor good, he is constantly neutral, represented as a symbol of rebellion.
Ky is confused Lawful Good, which kinda' shows him partially as an antagonist interrupting a voyage to self-discovery and fixing a past fuckup.
That Man and his goons are also technically neutral, though the thought of domination enters their minds ever so often. I think the only evil one in the whole bunch is I-No, but that's because she's clinically insane. Even Raven has some good sense in him.

Before the Gear incident, Aria, currently known as Justice, was actually an item with Sol at the time he was still known as Frederick. Both of them and That Man were colleagues working on magical technology IIRC.
Apparently Dizzy was formed out of "leftovers" from both of them, being a not-so-half-Gear, what with Justice having fully ascended to Gear status, and Sol being already technically half-Gear as he's a prototype. Both sides of her - Undine and Necro - respectively represent the last remaining shread of humanity inside and the monstrous, savage result of what science has done.

It's all a question of sanity and loyalty in GG, which is what I like about the story, as much of a clusterfuck as it is.

Yes, the time loops were utterly retarded.
No, I don't know WHY Ky would want to rule a country with a genetically engineered carbon copy of Aria.
Maybe because he's French.
#12  April 10, 2011, 11:51:15 pm
  • Yo.
Sol was never bad nor good, he is constantly neutral, represented as a symbol of rebellion.
Ky is confused Lawful Good, which kinda' shows him partially as an antagonist interrupting a voyage to self-discovery and fixing a past fuckup.
That Man and his goons are also technically neutral, though the thought of domination enters their minds ever so often. I think the only evil one in the whole bunch is I-No, but that's because she's clinically insane. Even Raven has some good sense in him.

Before the Gear incident, Aria, currently known as Justice, was actually an item with Sol at the time he was still known as Frederick. Both of them and That Man were colleagues working on magical technology IIRC.
Apparently Dizzy was formed out of "leftovers" from both of them, being a not-so-half-Gear, what with Justice having fully ascended to Gear status, and Sol being already technically half-Gear as he's a prototype. Both sides of her - Undine and Necro - respectively represent the last remaining shread of humanity inside and the monstrous, savage result of what science has done.

It's all a question of sanity and loyalty in GG, which is what I like about the story, as much of a clusterfuck as it is.

Yes, the time loops were utterly retarded.
No, I don't know WHY Ky would want to rule a country with a genetically engineered carbon copy of Aria.
Maybe because he's French.

Sol Frederick is still fucking his son.

#13  April 11, 2011, 12:02:20 am
  • TEHUH NAYUME EZ HUWK KOO MAWUN
    • Canada
I thought Frederick and Aria were fucking each other before the Gear thing.

Harmony is harmony is harmony is not with us, harmony is not with us. Living hell is coming.

3DS FC: 0232 - 8852 - 3659
#14  April 11, 2011, 12:10:08 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
They were.
#15  April 11, 2011, 11:45:52 am
One thing I love about GG is this guy

the only mother fucking vampire i respect.