YesNoOk

Mugen Tournament Beta Update May 30 2011  (Read 23980 times)

Started by Shamrock, April 27, 2011, 09:43:12 am
Share this topic:
Mugen Tournament Beta Update May 30 2011
#1  April 27, 2011, 09:43:12 am
  • I got a PM.
Requirements: .net framework 4.0 installed on your computer.

Now with only 4 buttons.
No source is included.

If you have .net framework 4.0 and a copy of mugen put it in "release" directory. It should be like this working directory \release\mugen

Ok, First off, you will see a new screen with a single button on start up. This screen is temporary solution to people that do not copy their entire mugen directory to the release directory. Before it would give an error, now it gives directions and closes if mugen is not proper.

Second, you no longer have to add stages or characters to text files. Now the program reads your chars directory and select.def. Things to note; the program will not find your character if the character's directory does not match the character's def file name. Another note, your select.def needs to be in the data directory.

Third, we now use a customizable font for the character names. In the TMimages directory, there is a directory named fonts. There you can customize the font if you want.

Fourth, The character's directory is no longer listed, instead the character's display name from the def file is listed.

Fifth, If you do not want a certain character or stage in you select.def to be randomly selected in mugen tourn, you can add the character's def file name to the excludedfighter or stages in the directory TMfiles. Example, kfm.def would be listed in excludedfighter.txt as "kfm" Note, that if you do not have kfm as one of your fighters, you will need to add him to the excludefighters.txt, because select.def has kfm and kfm.def listed as example text.

Enjoy.

Let me know if you find a bug.

Link

Mediafire download

http://www.mediafire.com/?o7unkfcxhuhxl9g

Google docs download.
https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B7bmA3FB5SwtZjE3NDllNDgtOTM4OC00OWJlLTg1NTItZWViYjBlMzUyMTAz&hl=en_US

Original post.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Screenshot is out of date for this update, but not enough for me to care at the moment.

Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 03:30:27 am by Shamrock
Re: Mugen Tournament Beta
#2  April 27, 2011, 11:44:58 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
if this is developed upon, you could have full games with intermissions between fights and specific bosses.
#3  April 27, 2011, 06:11:11 pm
  • I got a PM.
I had someone PM an issue.
You must copy an entire copy of mugen to the release directory not just the exe or you will get an error. When I update, I will add code that will prevent that error from happening, just in case someone tries it again.

To clarify, the path should be, Release\mugen\Mugen.exe for this to work.
#4  April 27, 2011, 06:22:47 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
Sweet I'll check this out :)
#5  April 27, 2011, 06:31:30 pm
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
Nice idea, I remember MWC having something like that, but you seam to pushed this to a new level.

I will take a look.
#6  April 27, 2011, 07:03:36 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm

This got me interested but atm I am at work so I cannot test.

Can someone post some screenshots?
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#7  April 27, 2011, 07:21:14 pm
  • I got a PM.
Nice idea, I remember MWC having something like that, but you seam to pushed this to a new level.

I will take a look.
Keep in mind that it is only a single mode using a single form and that it needs a better visual design for even this single mode. There is still lots of flare to add, such as VS screens, winquotes, the works. I hope replace everything in mugen except the actual fights.

Issues so far: making is fill screen on all screen sizes.
Make it look good
Handle the no mugen directory error internally.

I can't post screens today, because I have finals, but if no one else does, by tomorrow, I will do it.
#8  April 27, 2011, 09:09:13 pm
  • WIP: Tons and tons of IKEMEN stages
Would it be too mean to say you should quit more often, if this is your way of quitting MUGEN? :twisted:

Also, you can check out Tunglashor's app, Visual Selector. It reads whole screenpacks, maybe he can you get in touch with him and have this read whole SPs.
#9  April 27, 2011, 10:28:39 pm
  • I got a PM.
Making a screenpack selector uses the same idea as this. As in, frontend preforms command line arguments. But you can't combine them because we are limited by Mugen's command line arguments.

The ultimate, although still far away goal here, is to replace screenpacks completely.

Right now, screen packs have limitations. With this, using the command line source code examples found in this program, one could make a screenpack how ever they like, use video for intros or even vs screens, choose a different boss for each character, make  a story mode that changes the players character.

Example, Right now, there is no way to do a true MVC game because you couldn't fight an indvidual boss after fighting 2 players, and then fighting just your partner at the very end, but if you used VB.net to replace the screen pack, then you can program the command line arguments to first fight 2 on 2 then fight 2 to 1 and then fight your partner. This can be done for two players or one players.

Right now, I just have an ugly tournament mode, I plan on recreating the current screenpack functionality, and then adding other modes, like an improved version of this tournament mode, and even a stage interaction mode, where you would make stages the same way you do characters. The stage would actually be player 3 but if done correctly, nobody would notice that. I also plan on expanding on the current screenpack functionality, for example, each character would fight his own boss in the end or fight the default boss.

In short, I have a lot of programming to do and that is why I made it open source, so we can all take from each others stuff, and perhaps give mugen some of the cool things it is missing.

P.S. Lasombra, because you say I should quit more often, I wanted to let you know that you are less of a retarded dog fucker than people say you are.  ;D
Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 10:37:45 pm by Shamrock
#10  April 27, 2011, 11:07:17 pm
  • WIP: Tons and tons of IKEMEN stages
What I meant is that you could try to add retrocompat to preexisting SPs. :)

Also, 'retarded dog fucker' as in 'I fuck retarded dogs', or as in 'I fuck dogs and I'm retarded'? That is NOT a subtle difference, mister!
#11  April 27, 2011, 11:13:09 pm
  • I got a PM.
Understood.

I have found a major problem with my release. Currently who ever wins the first round goes on the the next fight. This is fixable and I will have an updated release that fixes this issue come Sunday.

In the mean time, feedback and suggestions please.
#12  April 28, 2011, 12:12:54 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
works without a hitch from my side, the only "bug" i found not addressed yet was you can go back to a round that was already fought and refight it.

You should try implementing that winquote thing we discussed with a simple image of the opponent walking to their next opponent.
#13  April 28, 2011, 12:36:39 am
  • Game cards do not actually talk
    • New Zealand
    • Skype - lunchpolice
    • www.youtube.com/user/Quackbillion
Hmm... Could someone post a video of this thing?
Formerly LunchPolice aka Quack
#14  April 28, 2011, 02:05:23 am
  • Street Fighter II the game that changed everything
    • sites.google.com/site/mugenuba/
This is a very interesting tool!! I'll check it out. ;)
#15  April 28, 2011, 02:12:13 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
Ok here's how it works, you can just place your mugen game in there as long as the folder name is Mugen, and then add your characters as Shamrock mentioned earlier. Then you open it and up and this comes up

Randomly picks the fighters and shows them to you, after that you just simply press a button and the Mugen program opens up with the fighters and stages and of course your preferred lifebars. Once the 2 rounds are over Mugen closes up and you can begin the next round if you want.

Of course it is customizable

So you can keep your mugen folder in there so you don't have to make 2 separate mugen folders (one for normal and one for this).

Really an interesting tool, sadly Tournaments aren't in my taste
#16  April 28, 2011, 02:14:46 am
  • TEHUH NAYUME EZ HUWK KOO MAWUN
    • Canada
Cool, I guess I'll dl it once the fix is made and all.

Harmony is harmony is harmony is not with us, harmony is not with us. Living hell is coming.

3DS FC: 0232 - 8852 - 3659
#17  April 28, 2011, 02:22:47 am
  • That's awesome!
    • Canada
Better than MUGEN AI tourneys.
#18  April 28, 2011, 03:55:52 am
  • Busy, busy, busy
    • www.trinitymugen.net/forum/index.php
I figured out what I did wrong. I copied the stuff in my mugen folder into the application folder. Instead of copying the folder holding the mugen stuff instead of simply moving it to the application folder. This is pretty neat minus the whole being able to rig the tournaments by having them fight over and over till you get the desired outcome.

-
http://www.Trinitymugen.net/Hosted/CFJ2/
-
thanks again Vans/Jesuszilla!
#19  April 28, 2011, 04:08:25 am
    • USA
Whoa, this is pretty cool. Good job Shamrock!
#20  April 28, 2011, 04:19:39 am
  • I got a PM.
Keep in mind that those backgrounds are gif, so they can be animated as well. Same goes with the character Icons. I am using standing animations on mine.

To the people getting that long error. You need to add the entire mugen folder to the Release directory, Add as many characters and stages as you like.

Many updates coming Sunday.

I have also noticed that second player can't win right now except in simulation mode and nobody noticed lol. That "Nobody like a quitter quote" was only suppose to show when you push esc and leave the fight. Sunday sunday sunday. 

I will work on making it so you can't cheat. That may or may not happen by Sunday. I plan on making Sundays the release cycle for the project.