YesNoOk

SUPER Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition 2013!! (Read 126597 times)

Started by Duo Solo, April 22, 2011, 12:45:31 am
Share this topic:
Re: SUPER Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition
#61  May 17, 2011, 01:24:36 am
  • SNK is life
Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 01:27:48 am by Philosoraptor

vyn

#62  May 17, 2011, 01:49:40 am
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
DLC will be relased on june 6
#63  May 17, 2011, 06:00:49 am
Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 06:16:10 am by Drex
#64  May 17, 2011, 06:02:18 am
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
I see what you did there.
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

#65  May 17, 2011, 08:33:39 am
  • "Moyashi tsuku shite yaru..."
I have a question to those more knowledgeable than myself. Why is it so that everyone thinks Fei is top tier now? I mean, he plays the same as in vanilla at first glance and he was a mid-tier. How is he different from vanilla SF4?
Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 09:11:43 am by Elix
#66  May 17, 2011, 08:38:47 am
  • DCB | Vato
    • Bolivia
    • www.justnopoint.com/dshiznetz
He's fucking great tbh I'm building up with him right now. Can't wait for ae, gonna play the shit out of yang
#67  May 17, 2011, 09:10:27 am
Yes, he was good in vanilla imo but is he that better in AE that he gets that much attention now?
#68  May 17, 2011, 09:23:56 am
I don't know a lot about the game, but if I had to guess, it's because of the rebalancing of the other characters. Most got nerfs and I believe Fei's only received buffs since super and AE.
#69  May 17, 2011, 09:27:02 am
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
Tier lists are calculated by the character's performance in major tournaments, if they do good they move up, if they do bad or aren't picked at all, they get a place at the bottom.
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

#70  May 17, 2011, 02:44:46 pm
  • Laugh it up
    • USA
Tier lists are calculated by the character's performance in major tournaments, if they do good they move up, if they do bad or aren't picked at all, they get a place at the bottom.

thats the truth. 
#71  May 17, 2011, 04:10:35 pm
So basically he's not top tier in vanilla because major players didn't notice him then?
If so then Daigo, Nuki, Mago and several others must have different logic because they believed Fei Long was the strongest character shortly after the game came out. There were no tournaments held prior to them voicing their opinion. Being top tier and strongest charater must be different things in this regard. Related but different. I stand corrected for using the term "top tier". I meant what top players meant: strongest character.
Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 10:26:25 pm by Elix

vyn

#72  May 17, 2011, 08:17:36 pm
    • Mexico
    • armandojc3@gmail.com
they all like to release those tier lists and indeed call them tier lists sometimes (although its just a top 5 usually) when games come out or AE in this case but its all opinons, the competitive community take them as such.

Official tier lists, if such thing can be said surface when the competitive scene has been going for a while and mostly they are nothing more than a somewhat accepted opinion despite how much the community likes to obsess about them. Just one of the many variables that make a good player.

I know any arcade player would have my head for this but until AE console version is relased, some tournaments pass and the lab can be properly used the tier lists so far aint that valid.
Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 08:23:55 pm by [V]yn
#73  May 19, 2011, 02:57:29 am
  • Die you son of a bitch
fei long is an extremely good character. He has incredible offense tactics, and with him gaining in AE im not suprised bout the top tier placing
#74  May 27, 2011, 09:40:41 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
DRM Means Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition Will Have ‘Limited Offline’ Functionality

Avatar for Owen Good Owen Good —Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition will use Games For Windows Live to administer the game's DRM, says Capcom's Christian Svensson, and while the game will not require an always-on Internet connection to be played, it'll have a "limited offline" mode for those with no uplink.

That means those who live in regions that aren't supported by Games For Windows Live face a "buyer-beware situation," Svensson writes. That's because the limited offline functionality restricts players to 15 of the game's 39 characters, cuts off access to any DLC you've purchased, and forbids saving any progress in challenges or settings in addition to, of course, not allowing online play or access to replay channels.

For those wondering what happens if your Internet goes out in the middle of a match: "You'll be able to keep doing what you're doing until you come to a logical break point, like exiting to a menu, at which point you'll be asked to sign back in." If you can't? It sounds like it is back to demo-mode, which would mean the proscription on saving progress applies.

Svensson said the DRM was necessary because "SFIV unfortunately was plagued by pirates and hackers that messed up leaderboards."

source: http://kotaku.com/5806134/drm-means-super-street-fighter-iv-arcade-edition-will-have-limited-offline-functionality

Yeah right, and hackers wont find ways to avoid the drm measures right?

In the end..its again the customer who paid who has to life with the shit..and not the pirates

Bet capcom was also concerned because the many many mods which were created for SF IV, so nobody bought their "precious" dlc costumes.
As always, you're a goddamn retard.
#75  May 27, 2011, 12:38:18 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Bet capcom was also concerned because the many many mods which were created for SF IV, so nobody bought their "precious" dlc costumes.
Or you know,  they're concerned about how SFIV was the most pirated PC game in 2009.
Re: As always, you're a goddamn retard.BlackJack
#76  May 27, 2011, 12:53:47 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Or you know,  they're concerned about how SFIV was the most pirated PC game in 2009.

It was also sold some million times.

Companys which defend DRM with piracy, while their previous releases were still big successes and argue with the "every pirated item = one not sold item" calculation are simply wrong, which had been proven multiple times :)

See how it ended for Ubisoft last year after they had their online drm stuff for Asassins Creed, The Settlers and a few more games.  Did they sell more games because this strong DRM? Investigate the results by yourself

But why in the hell should i even try to argue with someone as stupid as you here?

Its pointless to talk with dumb people. Even more when they are insulting.
#77  May 27, 2011, 03:39:37 pm
    • USA
The insult was really unnecessary GBK667. You can make a valid argument without the use of name calling.

#78  May 27, 2011, 03:44:49 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
dio please stop insulting people while arguing with them, its not cool.
#79  May 27, 2011, 04:14:33 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
MORTAL KOMBAT IS PERFECT AND EVERYTHING ABOUT CAPCOM IS WRONG YOU PEOPLE SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTHS
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#80  May 27, 2011, 04:37:50 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
mk has drm online experience. you cant buy it used and play it online , so, hey.