YesNoOk

Progress (Read 667539 times)

Started by Neocide, January 23, 2011, 06:31:53 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Progress
#61  April 15, 2011, 02:22:41 am
    • Poland
Yes they are bit loud but I think it's because stage don't have any BGM on. I remember back in the day when I used Neo's Teen Gohan I had to turn off BGM on stage in order to hear his voice and most his sounds. So it's better to be loud You can lowe volume in Mugen.cfg & stuff) that too quiet.

But ofcourse it's up to Neocide. I'm just expressing my opinion.
"If our lives are indeed the sum total of the choices we've made, then we cannot change who we are. But with every new choice we're given, we can change who we're going to be." The Outer Limits S04E04

"If knowledge is power and power corrupts... how will human kind ever survive?" The Outer Limits S04E16
#62  April 15, 2011, 06:07:03 pm
    • youtube.com/user/SeiferFirehart
Well after more inspection: if you will do a 'fade in' in vertical flying sounds, it will be enough i think, just like its in horizontal flying.
#63  April 19, 2011, 05:15:15 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
well, due to some changes I've decided to take in my life, I've decided to quit mugen. I am sorry to those who've been following this and everything, I still plan to release some characters outside of the game because I spent alot of time on this and dont want to just leave without giving anything back. Thanks to everyone who did help me I did appreciate it alot.
#64  April 19, 2011, 04:59:41 pm
    • youtube.com/user/SeiferFirehart
Well, I won't say "oh f*ck, NO please stay with mugen" or other shit. Im just dissapointed, that after waiting so much time before going here, I will not have a chance to learn some advanced mugen shit from you. You are one of the best MCC (Mugen Content Creator or something like that  ;) ) in mugen world and that's a pity that THE BEST Dragon Ball Spriter will abandon his talent. But I know, you're going close to 30 and other things are becoming more important. I just hope you will release your characters... and... make them open source? ;D
#65  April 19, 2011, 05:44:21 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
It's late for April's Fool.
Oh wait, it's not an April's Fool joke. :(
Too bad, the system was really coming up nicely, and the sprites were really nice. I hope you'll at least finish Goku and Vegeta.
Good luck with your life man. ;)
#66  April 19, 2011, 09:51:31 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
I'll get a few done tbh, probably vegeta,18,piccolo and frieza for sure.gohan and goku are a possiblity too. not promising anything though. I wont make this stuff open source because the base sheets werent mine, but I'll release my smaller sheets, and maybe my bleach stuff I started (Which are about the same size as these sprites here.)
#67  April 21, 2011, 03:45:58 pm

We all know how Mugen is time consumer, so it's easy to understand pal.

I didn't even had the time to send you my beta test lol

Take care man, i'll look forward you on MSN.

#68  April 22, 2011, 09:43:19 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
ok little good news, I am in the progress of trying to keep the game alive somewhat, I might have to butcher the roster, and make it uneven with putting in goku gohan vegeta trunks piccolo 18 frieza and hopefully ginyu. no cell because he hasent been started, and I honestly dont feel like sheeting another person, especially him.

I have the lifebars made, the screenpack is half done, stages are the biggest priority which means I'll stick to 4-6 stages. I am still quitting, but I am giving myself a deadline of july to finish whatever I can, and putting it out in solo and in a game release, then from there if I ever want to go back to it (which is a 99% chance I wont) I can.

I'll show some videos soon with the new bases stuff that majita has been making for me.
#69  April 22, 2011, 11:43:15 pm
  • The Barbarian
  • Most ****able 2013
    • USA
    • Skype - chronostrifeff7h@hotmail.com
If I ever find Roken I'll kidnap him and make him do Cell. I'll still try and help out where needed, if you need some spectacular bullshit coded in.  :)
#70  April 23, 2011, 01:55:32 am
    • France
That's some good news you got there.
Do your best man, these sprites and gameplay deserve love. :)

In July, you could always leave your stuff "open-source" to Roken or Chrono_Striffe to finish. :D

Good luck.
#71  April 30, 2011, 11:55:14 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
ok good news bad news situation

bad news first - well solo releases is a no go, roken doesnt want his sprites released outside a game project or something like that so thats out

good news- well I've come too far to quit now, so I've decided to go back with my smaller sized sprites (the size of my released characters like goku and gohan) I have more than enough sheets in this size (15+) to finish the game now, the base is just about done,Burst dash(an evade think kof's roll), counter\repel are left, as of now the roster will be:

Goku (forms tbd, ssj ssj2 ssj3 all done)
Vegeta (ssj,Maybe-Ussj)
Gohan SSJ2 (cell games)
Trunks (First Appearance)
Piccolo
Radditz
Rickum
Frieza
Cell
Fat Boo
Super Boo
Kid Boo

These sheets are all done,stages will be simpler with the sprite style, so they wont be a problem.beginning in may I'll start threads for each character. also more videos to show off all the game play features
#72  May 02, 2011, 08:09:56 am
    • France
That's indeed a good-bad situation. I was really looking forward to some CVS sized DBZ chars, with new sprite style. But hey, your smaller sheets are already very nice, so that'll do. :)

Which sheets (or sprites) are Roken's exactly ? I thought you had made all the sprites yourself ?
#73  May 02, 2011, 09:07:17 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
I only did 18, and a crapload of customs for gohan,vegeta and some others, but he already did base sheets of goku,gohan,vegeta,trunks,piccolo and frieza, they had everything the shinb sheets have which wasn't a whole lot, so I added stuff for the few that I got around to work on.

gohan I had did about 50 extra sprites, 18 was a full sheet I did over the months, and 17 I had half done (was doing him fully from KOF's Chris) I am resizing some of ap vegeta for the smaller sheet, because its been so easy to re-size him to use.The base should be entirely done by next week hopefully.
#74  May 17, 2011, 09:34:32 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
5-17-11

base is about done, reswapped most of the big sprites with the smaller ones, plan on showing a few of the combo videos(there are some nice 20 hit juggles) and all of the gameplay tomorrow. Max burst mode(kof's max mode) and a counter system remain left to be coded
#75  May 18, 2011, 12:39:47 am
    • France
Cool, can't wait. :)
Progress (a whopping 13 gameplay videos woohoo)
#76  May 20, 2011, 09:25:59 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
ok. let the mass amount of video clips commence!

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

#77  May 20, 2011, 10:13:59 pm
    • Argentina
Excellent, I really like this but... but... what happen with big/hr sprites? :'(
#78  May 20, 2011, 10:21:16 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
I dont have the time to do all the big guys I need for this, or the help, so I went back to the small stuff I already have. once the base is done everything else should fly by rather quickly.
#79  May 21, 2011, 01:35:43 am
    • France
Wait, why is MaJiTa showcasing the combos with the big sprites, while you're working with small sprites ? Or am I missing something ?
And I want that Vegeta !!! :D

Pursuit moves are really nice. It strange how the opponent got in the middle of the screen on the last attack while Vegeta had hit him from up to down in a vertical manner.

Looking very good right now. :)
#80  May 21, 2011, 01:52:33 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
he did those combos before I had swapped, so the big sprites were still in there.