YesNoOk

Is there a site for sprite edits? (Read 1622 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, July 02, 2011, 03:43:26 pm
Is there a site for sprite edits?
#1  July 02, 2011, 03:43:26 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Is there a site where sprite edits by different people are "collected" to show a varity of them?

I know that sprite edits are on deviantart, and i myself  have a fighting game related group there with a gallery for sprite edits..but does a site for sprite edits alone exsist?
Re: Is there a site for sprite edits?
#2  July 04, 2011, 08:41:35 am
  • Spoiler
  • let's bring order to chaos
    • Mexico
    • none
not as far as I know...

I was part of a forum called spriters-academy, with some cool spriters like Thedge, Walt, C00per, Felo_lop and many others, it was a forum just for sprite edits and mugen related stuff... (offline)
other than that, I don't know about sites with sprite edits gallery  :S
            Zorf Giudecca
#3  July 04, 2011, 10:18:36 am
  • Yo mama got caught givin up neck in a bathroom
Is it just for collecting them, or a way to sprite new things?
#4  July 25, 2011, 03:59:48 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Is it just for collecting them, or a way to sprite new things?

Neither

I have a website where i set up gallerys for artists which make fanarts or  (moree or less) professional cosplay shootings

http://game-art-hq.com/the-hall-of-fame-of-game-art-hq-com/

Sprite edits are a definition of skill and art in my opinion as well, i hoped to get in contact with spriters trough a site where i can see many sprites already... actually i can just ask some people from here too though i guess

The forum i have on my site could also be useful i guess when i add a spriter section there

On my site, editors get their own gallery, the sprites would also be sorted after game and characters...this could once be useful as a ressource for spriters i guess or just as a gallery for the game /character fans

Any sprite editor from here is welcome to reply here
#5  July 25, 2011, 04:38:47 pm
  • I'm a empty vessel seeking to be filled.
    • USA
Sorry, I don't do any sprite edits what so ever. To me in my opinion  if the sprite isn't mine I don't touch them. I would only edit mine or frankensprite my own. I guess it may sound stupid to others but oh well. I don't work with low res sprites but I am planning to make a tutorial on how to get HR and HD sprites going. But answering your question I think I saw a site that did show how to edit but for the most part I only see how to make sprites from scratch.
#6  July 25, 2011, 04:46:58 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
sprites from scratch are welcome as well when they are showing video game characters

Jed

#7  July 25, 2011, 05:59:42 pm
  • Retrun of the Spirit Dragon
    • www.jedex.webs.com
to tell ya the truth I'v only seen one site that had a s load of sprite sad part is I just don't remember who or how i got to know of it it had a lot of good artiest that made a lot sprites hand made mostly

LOL I finally found it

here ya go dude not sure if you seen this site yeah you did say edited but this guys don't look like they do that though I might be off :P
http://www.pixeljoint.com/pixels/new_icons.asp?ob=rating
Next Gen IX
Spoiler: "The Next Gen IX is here" (click to see content)
my stuff is open sources to all just minus my 100% original chars example dragon sword and other 100% original art work. But anything fan made is yours no permissions, credits, or restrictions necessary.
Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 06:09:43 pm by Jed
#8  July 25, 2011, 10:35:12 pm
  • Я Россия сука!

Jed

#9  July 26, 2011, 07:51:39 am
  • Retrun of the Spirit Dragon
    • www.jedex.webs.com
Next Gen IX
Spoiler: "The Next Gen IX is here" (click to see content)
my stuff is open sources to all just minus my 100% original chars example dragon sword and other 100% original art work. But anything fan made is yours no permissions, credits, or restrictions necessary.