YesNoOk

[Theme Thread] CVS Sprite thread (Read 2975096 times)

Started by Formerly Hoshi, April 21, 2010, 09:51:37 pm
Re: [Theme Thread] CVS Sprite thread
#1221  July 24, 2011, 08:30:22 am
I've seen worse during the parade.
#1222  July 24, 2011, 06:51:27 pm
#1223  July 24, 2011, 07:50:42 pm
  • Merciless.
    • USA
    • blackdevilscream.com
While I attempt to COME OUT OF SPRITE RETIREMENT WHAT in private, have some million year old CvS attempts. Pre-2005 some time. Probably closer to '03. Not exactly 100000% accurate to the various CvS standards (16 color limit on a few, inconsistent scale, yadda yadda), but whatever. These are older than some of the people posting in this very thread.

SPRITE DUMP AHOY

...just forget the fact that I haven't done sprites in forever. CvS style hasn't been touched since '06-ish, I think? '07 at the absolute latest. Just reacquainting myself with pixelsss for the sake of [unnamed something supertopsecret] brewing on the side.
#1224  July 24, 2011, 08:27:28 pm
  • Sublimity.
    • Canada
Good luck with that reacquaintance, those sprites are just plain beautiful.
#1225  July 24, 2011, 08:30:10 pm
    • Argentina
Judaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D It's good to ya' here! welcome back, boy ;)
#1226  July 24, 2011, 08:47:31 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com

Not even fans of this could do justice of the amazign work!
#1227  July 24, 2011, 09:36:26 pm
They are so pretty. What a cocktease.

DGO

#1228  July 24, 2011, 09:50:51 pm
    • Chile
OH MY GOSH!!!  Judas... it's an honor
#1229  July 24, 2011, 10:23:30 pm
  • ✯Uh...✯
    • USA
    • http://dnicknbd.wix.com/lostintranslation
While I attempt to COME OUT OF SPRITE RETIREMENT WHAT in private, have some million year old CvS attempts. Pre-2005 some time. Probably closer to '03. Not exactly 100000% accurate to the various CvS standards (16 color limit on a few, inconsistent scale, yadda yadda), but whatever. These are older than some of the people posting in this very thread.

SPRITE DUMP AHOY

...just forget the fact that I haven't done sprites in forever. CvS style hasn't been touched since '06-ish, I think? '07 at the absolute latest. Just reacquainting myself with pixelsss for the sake of [unnamed something supertopsecret] brewing on the side.

All those are simply beautiful :D
I'm lovin' that Final Fight: Streetwise Cody

Trying to make a comeback
#1230  July 24, 2011, 10:24:33 pm
  • hmmmm

trying to learn the style feedback?
#1231  July 24, 2011, 11:17:00 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
The legs seem perfect, though there might be too much antialias on the shorts (or anything else that's white). Something about the chest is off though I can't quite put my finger on it...
#1232  July 24, 2011, 11:22:51 pm
From the thighs down is is almost perfect, however the left shoe (Her left.) needs a touch up, it looks like it's detached from her ankle. The shorts look something like some sort of SF2 style and I really don't know how you could improve them, they just don't look CVS style. The right foream (Her right.) could use a bit of distinction from the shorts and have some sort of detail on them. The muscles on her arms should be better defined, but you don't have any muscular CvS2 woman sprites to go on I don't think so that's okay. The collars don't look believable, and you should study them a bit more, because the back of it is "hugging" her neck. Her breasts are not only saggy grandma tits, but they don't even look like how the real character's is. No need to be modest, make them look how they are supposed to. And the hands...I don't how you can, but try to improve them further.
#1233  July 25, 2011, 12:16:58 am
  • Mugen retiree, occasional spriter, Part of ATP
  • Also Known as Danownsall and Willfan

I tried my hand at Abel, I guess its okay it ain't the best out there though, I got extra lazy and used Ryu for the legs and head

BTW those sprites are Marvelous Judas  :D
#1234  July 25, 2011, 04:05:13 am
  • Legend now but still learning
    • USA
    • http://cvsnb.deviantart.com/
#1235  July 25, 2011, 05:17:01 am
Okay, for Abel, it looks good overall, but the hair is off, it just doesn't look right. His head should be bigger so that he actually looks proportionate to his body. His left arm (His left not mine.) has inconsistent shading that does not belong. If you were doing this CPS3 style it would make sense but not here. The bottom part of the gi could use adjustments regarding the shading of the folds but I don't have specifics on how to do so, it just doesn't really look right to me. And lastly, his left sleeve and, well his left arm in general could really use alot of touching up, but I don't really feel like explaining how. Idk why.

Steve...his hair is off, his right arm's shading is uneccessary, really I don't know what you're trying to prove with that one. His shorts do not obey the laws of gravity apparently, as on his left thigh it is sort of hovering over his knee. His left forearm look too circular, and it makes his left arm look shorter than his right. His face doesn't look correct and his boots could use more detail. Pretty okay sprite overall but it doesn't really look like Steve to me.
#1236  July 25, 2011, 08:01:26 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly

Steve...his right arm's shading is uneccessary, really I don't know what you're trying to prove with that one.

Isn't that the scar tissue or whatever it is Steve has on his arm? I think it's just on the wrong arm.

Okay, for Abel...His head should be bigger so that he actually looks proportionate to his body.

Abel's head is not very proportionate in source, to be honest.

Download Last Bout now!
Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 08:04:32 am by Sean Altly
#1237  July 25, 2011, 08:36:19 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
#1238  July 25, 2011, 09:42:51 am
Sean Altly - 2

Cazaki - 0

I totally forgot about the Scar thing, but it is definitely on the wrong arm. I don't know how you're gonna get around that.
#1239  July 25, 2011, 10:36:47 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!

My GOD, Awesome as always Judas!!!(I won't make that Lady Gaga's joke)

So, you're going to continue that supertopsecret thing? AWESOME!!! *_*!!!
I swear there was something cool here!!
#1240  July 25, 2011, 03:10:58 pm
  • Merciless.
    • USA
    • blackdevilscream.com
The fellow on the far left is meant to be Death, the boss from the scrapped CFAS right?
Yeah. Based on his silhouette and a few vastly different reports on what he looked like at location testing. Kain R. Heinlein comparisons, mention of the color blue, and the silhouette on the flyer turned into that. I meant to do Rook and modify Ingrid to be more CvS accurate, but I never .....cared enough about them to bother, really. Oops!