YesNoOk

Gohan Z2 [Project] (Read 487078 times)

Started by Balthazar, July 29, 2011, 02:19:47 pm
Share this topic:
Gohan Z2 [Project]
#1  July 29, 2011, 02:19:47 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Hey everyone; Gohan has a big bunch of stuff done already, because of the tandem sprite work I did while working on Goku.
Now please don't use this thread to bash me and say "finish Vegeta first!". Because I probably will.
Since I haven't really finalized Gohan's moveset, I'd like to ask if you guys want in on this. Gimme some suggestions for moves. But, I won't add moves just for showcase, each move must have at least some sort of special property or something else to make it worthwhile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPn33hIEbkk
Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 11:33:54 pm by Balthazar
Re: Cybalthazar's Adult/Future Gohan Idea Engineering
#2  July 29, 2011, 04:30:02 pm
  • Maker of obscurity.
    • http://tetsuwanatom.b1.jcink.com/
Look like a good start, but try improve his face to not look like a Goku hair swap. Other than that, keep it up^^
-Toshio Tenma
#3  July 29, 2011, 04:34:28 pm
  • Figuring things out, one sprite at a time.
    • irwt.iammanyninjas.com
Hyper Dimension stance if given subtle animation would probably prove the most interesting one there. Also, may just be me but his hair seems a tad long. Recall it being spiky but still fairly short cut when he was older.
#4  July 29, 2011, 04:43:15 pm
    • Netherlands
I might to with the Hyper Dimension stance then, Ill give it a try. Also about his hair, well slightly longer I think it's better. See, in the Crouching Kick animation it's a bit shorter, you ment something like that? I think the length is good XD Also in some occasions I did give Gohan a slightly different face, well the expression was different at least ;) Not sure how much different I could make it without looking off-style.

GOH

#5  July 29, 2011, 04:46:01 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
Any chance of seeing Ultimate Gohan Elder Kai Unlock Ability as a move or a sort of sub-system?
#6  July 29, 2011, 04:53:25 pm
  • You ugly! We fix!
Regarding the stance, I'd say something similar to the third stance since it would really make him look and feel quite different from his father  (although Im sure he'll end up looking and feeling unique either way) :sugoi:
These palettes better make me cum rainbows when I see them.
#7  July 29, 2011, 07:30:20 pm
    • Netherlands
Any chance of seeing Ultimate Gohan Elder Kai Unlock Ability as a move or a sort of sub-system?
Well he goes into a power-up state of sorts for his emotion system, you can imagine he goes Mystic then :P
#8  July 29, 2011, 08:16:43 pm
I think the second stance is best because it's the most like Budokai's stances for Kami Fusion Piccolo and Mystic Gohan.

EDIT: The reason I don't prefer Goku's stance is because you have to remember that it was Piccolo that taught Gohan to fight, and Piccolo was more of a mentor to him than his father, which is part of why he dressed like him throughout the series. Many of his attacks should be nods to this.
#9  July 29, 2011, 08:44:04 pm
    • Chile
Hair is way too long.
#10  July 29, 2011, 09:03:41 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Hair is way too long.
Stylization, shorter and he looks like yamcha.

How about a heat dome kind of attack that starts with him throwing the opponent upwards before shooting a beam after them ( using the backbreaker for the hit animation.
#11  July 29, 2011, 09:05:43 pm
  • Madman
  • Honorary Asshole
his Hyper Dimension stance is better for him in my opinion
#12  July 29, 2011, 10:51:25 pm
The Hyper Dimension stance logically doesn't even make sense to me. It looks...ineffective.
#13  July 30, 2011, 04:35:27 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
How about a heat dome kind of attack that starts with him throwing the opponent upwards before shooting a beam after them ( using the backbreaker for the hit animation.
Oh, so that's what you sent me!!! ;P
Well, that's more Trunks' attack when killing Unperfect Cell in the future no ?

You could give him his Super Teleport Combo he did against Super Buu as Mystic Gohan : would be a nice nod to Mystic Gohan while still being faithful enough to Future Gohan IMO. More to 0'@$ if you don't understand what I mean : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksjL6jQUrHE
#14  July 30, 2011, 12:00:50 pm
    • Netherlands
The vertical up blast reminds me much more of Trunks as well, indeed. (To Iced, what's the below-left image supposed to be? With the purple after image XD?)
I think we can replicate that teleport super, no sweat!
#15  July 30, 2011, 12:28:23 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I wasnt sure i should post it here but since you are replying here, i dont see why not.

top move yeah, was based on heat dome from Trunks, it could be a super masenko perhaps.
the rightmost move would be the powerpunch he had on the genesis butouden, but with one of two followups, one a ki shockwave explosion, the other, the piccolo dive kick animation after a teleport.

beneath it on the left are two suggestions that I should have written down directly, one was that possibly one of the masenko variations could be a "spark" instead of a fireball, the other was to give him an afterimage counter.
bottom right is a suggestion for one of his dive moves to have him hit with his elbows, flip midair and strike again with both feet.
#16  July 30, 2011, 12:31:12 pm
  • Spoiler
  • let's bring order to chaos
    • Mexico
    • none
Look like a good start, but try improve his face to not look like a Goku hair swap. Other than that, keep it up^^

yes... you could change his smile, because he looks a lot like Goku so far
            Zorf Giudecca
#17  July 30, 2011, 01:55:39 pm
  • Game cards do not actually talk
    • New Zealand
    • Skype - lunchpolice
    • www.youtube.com/user/Quackbillion
Agreed. Just changing his expression could help a lot.
Formerly LunchPolice aka Quack
#18  July 30, 2011, 04:08:40 pm
The second stance's expression looks more like what Gohan would look like when he's confident and in control of the battle. I guess with the emotion system his expression goes from calm and collected, to worried, to pissed off?
#19  July 30, 2011, 07:20:51 pm
    • Netherlands
Well it doesn't mean he'll have a different facial expression for all of his sprites once he activates it, or anything :P
But you got some really devastating moves up your sleeve and especially the way his Ki-blasts act after it, you can get a little more agressive  8)
#20  July 30, 2011, 07:36:14 pm
  • Your Channel 6 News Anchor is in another Castle!
    • dcat.mugen-infantry.net/