YesNoOk

[Theme Thread] CVS Sprite thread (Read 3062157 times)

Started by Formerly Hoshi, April 21, 2010, 09:51:37 pm
Re: [Theme Thread] CVS Sprite thread
#1281  July 31, 2011, 02:56:45 am
    • Argentina
#1282  July 31, 2011, 11:21:40 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
Updated Axel, he's thinner now. He's got kind of a Muppet face, but I'm working on it.

Download Last Bout now!
#1283  July 31, 2011, 02:49:08 pm
  • MAX 330 MEGA PRO-GEAR SPEC
    • UK

It's time to kick ass and chisel gravestones - and I'm all out of graves.
#1284  July 31, 2011, 05:52:16 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Alex looks sweet, but I've the feeling his head is a TAD too big for his body, or it's just his stance that makes him look puny :P

Krauser well, proportions seem alright but the muscle definition is awkward and the colors are just too bright, also just not enought contrast i'd say :)
#1285  July 31, 2011, 09:11:01 pm
  • MFG's Slowest Character Editor
    • USA
I was basically directly copying the proportions of the Sonic Battle sprite, which I thought looked like somewhere between Classic Sonic and Modern Sonic. Quack edited the face and made it look much better, too.

That's why he looks odd. His limbs are too thick. If you look at any official artwork of Sonic (Classic or Modern), his limbs and body are very slim. Those proportions look fine in the lower res sprite because there's less to work with. But at this scale, you can see more details and the flaws become more apparent. It's not your fault, really. Sonic Battle will serve as a great reference for moves and animations, but a direct resize of the sprites won't work. At those proportions, he looks more like Mickey Mouse in a Sonic costume.
#1286  July 31, 2011, 11:27:49 pm
  • MAX 330 MEGA PRO-GEAR SPEC
    • UK
Krauser well, proportions seem alright but the muscle definition is awkward and the colors are just too bright, also just not enought contrast i'd say :)

Yeah my biggest problem is with anatomy and how I know almost nothing about muscles -  I copied most of it from his FF2 sprite with an attempt at CVS-style interpretation. I got a bit lazy with the palette, took the colours from a few sprites.
#1287  August 02, 2011, 08:50:24 am
  • Sunglasses Security Guy is watching you necrobump.
    • x-ism.co.cc/index.html

Yeah my biggest problem is with anatomy and how I know almost nothing about muscles -  I copied most of it from his FF2 sprite with an attempt at CVS-style interpretation. I got a bit lazy with the palette, took the colours from a few sprites.

Krauser's proportions look more like they fit in SFA rather than CvS (KOF 96 Krauser would be a better place to start in terms of proportions and all of that), as does the shading on his arms and upper body - SFA M. Bison would be a good comparison here.
#1288  August 02, 2011, 10:57:45 am
  • Spoiler
  • let's bring order to chaos
    • Mexico
    • none
I don't see why it doesn't fit. It looks good to me. I addressed everything Cazaki noted, used CVS colors, it fits. I don't see how it doesn't.

his mouth is to big, seems like a dog or something, sonic creates the visual effect of a Circle even with his mouth all the time, so make it smaller and it would be better, I'm sure of it (he looks good so far)
            Zorf Giudecca
#1289  August 02, 2011, 12:12:15 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Yeah, it's been addressed.

Here's another preview sprite for the World Character Poll, Sabin.

Download Last Bout now!
#1290  August 02, 2011, 02:38:28 pm
    • USA

Damn you Diepod. Damn you and your bacon strips &  bacon strips &  bacon strips &  bacon strips &  bacon strips &  bacon strips &  bacon strips &  bacon strips &  bacon strips &  bacon strips &  bacon strips &  bacon strips & gay bacon strips & gay bacon strips & gay bacon strips & gay bacon strips & gay bacon strips & gay bacon strips...
HATERS START LIKIN'! WE'RE CVS SPRITEN'! >:(
#1291  August 03, 2011, 06:10:41 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman

...it looks kinda better?

SNT

#1292  August 03, 2011, 06:16:08 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
I like the pose, but as it is it's a little obvious her top half is missing frames compared to the bottom.  Her arms should sway a little further to the left as well.
#1293  August 03, 2011, 08:39:51 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Could someone who is better with faces take a look at my Axel sprite and try to fix his? I'm just not great at getting faces right in pixel form and people are complaining about it even though it's not final. Any help would be appreciated. It's posted above, but I can post it again if necessary.

Download Last Bout now!
#1294  August 03, 2011, 09:19:29 am
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
#1295  August 03, 2011, 09:54:05 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
That's pretty nice, I guess I just always imagined Axel to be bulkier, which is why I didn't attempt to sprite him like that. I was also trying to give him his stance from SoR, that stance looks like a reworked version of Terry's. Also, he seems to be missing his headband. I may see if I can get permission to use that and go from there.

Download Last Bout now!
#1296  August 03, 2011, 01:37:36 pm
    • Argentina
Here another reference:

The author is Cap_Rock, same of Blaze ;) (http://forum.mgbr.net/index.php?showtopic=54810)
We still seeing Kim for his face ;D

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#1297  August 03, 2011, 02:54:52 pm
From what I see people are only looking at his nose and mouth then saying his face looks bad but I don't really see it.
#1298  August 05, 2011, 05:38:14 am
  • hmmmm

swag lol
#1299  August 05, 2011, 05:32:49 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!

I messed with the shading on the scythe. it was bothering me.
#1300  August 05, 2011, 07:33:36 pm

Lux