YesNoOk

Kula re-released (Read 14059 times)

Started by Duos.act, September 12, 2011, 09:37:27 pm
Share this topic:
Kula re-released
#1  September 12, 2011, 09:37:27 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA

More screens.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Well here we go, consider this my attempt to win back my credibility.

Nearly everything has been revamped.  Gameplay, visuals, system, moveset....everything is much, much cleaner now.  I am confident that this will be a MASSIVE step up from the original release.

Don't think that I don't want your feedback though.  I encourage you to give me all of your input, not just bug and glitch reports, but gameplay opinions as well. 

Download

ALSO BE SURE TO READ THE README, ALL OF IT, BEFORE POSTING.  THANK YOU!
Re: Kula re-released
#2  September 12, 2011, 09:58:53 pm
  • Just a butcher on a mission
    • www.justnopoint.com/lbends

The Kula BnB shows the need for more damage dampening.
j.HK cs.HP (2 hits) f.LP qcb.MK f.MK dp.HP HK
Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 05:34:25 am by Avatar Of Woe
#3  September 12, 2011, 10:01:36 pm
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
Nice will definitely try this out, I'd also say, feel free to use/include my portrait I made for her, with your last release for Mayar's CVS2 screenpack.

Aka this one below.
#4  September 12, 2011, 10:26:04 pm
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Some initial feedback:

-Kula gets stuck in the mid-air after Heaven's Drive
-IMO heavy kick CLSN is really huge

after some quick testing a great improvement over the first one good job, more feedback to come maybe later
Chilling
#5  September 12, 2011, 11:44:54 pm
  • Miss Pink Maid♪
    • kohaku.trinitymugen.net
- Reverts back to her default palette during "Sorry" win pose (might happen to some others).
- I'm no Kula player, but both Heaven Drives doesn't look right during the first uppercut.
- Kula performs Diamond Edge (and Max version) before the super animation finishes.
- There seems to be a 4th ice pillar when performing the Max version of Diamond edge (next to the middle pillar).
- Ice pillars during Diamond Edge doesn't seem to have a proper...how to put this...fade animation? It looks like the pillars break half way through before disappearing making it look weird.
- Diamond shot effect where it lands on the ground looks misaligned.
- Did you have to use the same attack for all of her jumping punch attacks? The effect for the Heavy version also moves during the animation, causing it to be misaligned.
- Shouldn't the hit box for Freeze Execution just be one giant stationary hit box as opposed to a moving wall? I can see the attack missing if the opponent manages to get behind you.
- You should use a transparency code/animation when Kula reappears during Neo Freeze Execution instead of just turning her black to blend in with the background since you'll see Kula standing there if the opponent happens to be near her when Foxy and Diana start to attack them.
- Animation for the crouching heavy punch has a really long pause in between.
- Sprites for her crouching light punch attack are misaligned.
- Clsns could use some work. Apart from the big hit boxes mentioned above, some of her animations have a few gaps in collision boxes (like her run for example).

Off the top of my head. Will post more if the need arises.
Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 11:53:04 pm by Hisui
#6  September 13, 2011, 02:41:04 am
    • USA
Okey dokey guys, time to take a look at this.  My comments in bold.
Some initial feedback:

-Kula gets stuck in the mid-air after Heaven's Drive
I'm gonna have to ask you how I can replicate this, please.
-IMO heavy kick CLSN is really huge

after some quick testing a great improvement over the first one good job, more feedback to come maybe later
Thanks!

- Reverts back to her default palette during "Sorry" win pose (might happen to some others).
I covered this in the readme.  These sprites have yet to be converted by Drex, so she goes back to her default.
- I'm no Kula player, but both Heaven Drives doesn't look right during the first uppercut.
What do you think I should do?  I made it look similar to K's in animation, but I can "smoothen" it up.
- Kula performs Diamond Edge (and Max version) before the super animation finishes.
Intentional.  She does it in KOF as well if you mean what I think you do.
- There seems to be a 4th ice pillar when performing the Max version of Diamond edge (next to the middle pillar).
Probably poor placement of the explods on my part.  I'll take a look.
- Ice pillars during Diamond Edge doesn't seem to have a proper...how to put this...fade animation? It looks like the pillars break half way through before disappearing making it look weird.
Nothing I can do about this unfortunately.  That's just how they look in KOF
- Diamond shot effect where it lands on the ground looks misaligned.
Will take a look
- Did you have to use the same attack for all of her jumping punch attacks? The effect for the Heavy version also moves during the animation, causing it to be misaligned.
That's how it is in KOF.  I felt like I shouldn't tamper with it too much.  They do vary in explod size though.  I thought I fixed that but I guess not
- Shouldn't the hit box for Freeze Execution just be one giant stationary hit box as opposed to a moving wall? I can see the attack missing if the opponent manages to get behind you.
If the attack misses, it still goes off because it's a full screen
- You should use a transparency code/animation when Kula reappears during Neo Freeze Execution instead of just turning her black to blend in with the background since you'll see Kula standing there if the opponent happens to be near her when Foxy and Diana start to attack them.
Good idea
- Animation for the crouching heavy punch has a really long pause in between.
It looks longer than it really is because in KOF she has an explod over it, which I decided looked bad with these sprites
- Sprites for her crouching light punch attack are misaligned.
I've tried time and time again to get these to look right, but I'm gonna have to actually edit them it seems
- Clsns could use some work. Apart from the big hit boxes mentioned above, some of her animations have a few gaps in collision boxes (like her run for example).
The majority of the CLSNs are KOF accurate.  I would appreciate it if you'd post specifically which ones you think I should change though

Off the top of my head. Will post more if the need arises.
Thanks

#7  September 13, 2011, 02:48:03 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama

I just did the super move and after it finishes hitting the opponent with the kick it gets stuck in mid-air

Also to add some other sprites are not completely color separated (see spoiler for details)

Chilling
Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 03:05:06 am by Goodaldo
#8  September 13, 2011, 03:13:06 am
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
Actually, with freeze execution, it works differently in XI IIRC where if it missed or was blocked it did not go through. Your call though

But are there truly grown men in this world?!
#9  September 13, 2011, 03:13:45 am
    • USA
The XI version is what I based the ultra on.

2OS

#10  September 13, 2011, 03:14:21 am
  • 608 Wannabe
  • Ich schicke dich zur HOELLE!! STIRB DU FEIGLING!!
    • Egypt
The backward focus attack dash cancel enters an invalid state ( 107, it doesn't exist according to debug and because of that results in an actual error of getting stuck in place ).
#11  September 13, 2011, 06:14:34 am
    • USA

I just did the super move and after it finishes hitting the opponent with the kick it gets stuck in mid-air

Can I get a video of that?  And who were you fighting?

The backward focus attack dash cancel enters an invalid state ( 107, it doesn't exist according to debug and because of that results in an actual error of getting stuck in place ).

Will take a look at it.

The general consensus seems to be that she does too much damage.  With this in mind, I am going to need to implement a new damage reduction system it seems.
#12  September 13, 2011, 06:49:47 am
I guess most of things have been said.  I guess talk about gameplay.

I think should lower damage, here are some moves i think you should change stand H Punch takes = 130 , heavens drive = 276 maybe drop to 230 or something you prefer, H Crow bites = 200 damage  :o

Her ex Diamond dust doesn't come out with normal hits example Stand H punch , Forward L punch , Ex diamond dust doesn't combo after the forward L punch.

Here some kula combos that i think you should input it's the first 5 combos done on this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owfiBSNLTPE&feature=related
 I will write the combos down so could have better understanding.
1) Crouch L Kick x 3 , H Crow bites
2) Crouch L kick x 3 , Ex rayspin , crow bites
3) Stand H punch , Forward L punch , L rayspin , Forward M kick, H crow bites
4) Stand H punch , Forward L punch , L rayspin , Forward M kick, critical cold , diamond Edge
5) Crouch L kick x 3 , Ex rayspin, L raypspin, Forward L kick, Crow bites

Note: Ex rayspin needs to be change like the H rayspin animation knocks opponent into air to do some of these combos.
          Lower damaging as well for balance.

Hope this helps  :)

#13  September 13, 2011, 06:50:54 am
    • USA
That helps a lot actually, thanks.
#14  September 13, 2011, 07:01:54 am
You're Welcome.  :)
#15  September 13, 2011, 07:14:37 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Chilling

2OS

#16  September 13, 2011, 08:06:40 am
  • 608 Wannabe
  • Ich schicke dich zur HOELLE!! STIRB DU FEIGLING!!
    • Egypt
For the record that ""problem"" isn't ever happening to me, hence the quotes.

Graphical input — I'd recolor the focus attack effect a firey orange because subtractive transparency inverts everything as I'm sure you noticed. White becomes black blue becomes red bla bla bla.
#17  September 13, 2011, 08:36:27 pm
    • Canada
Some focus attack problems

Focus dash cancel only works when pressing left. (facing right you can only dash backwards, facing left you can only dash forwards).

Focus attack dash back (cancelling and on hit) goes to invalid state 107.

Focus attack dash forward (cancelling and on hit) has her barely move forward.

Focus attack on hit can be cancelled into another focus attack. Do a level 3 focus attack then repeatedly mash the focus attack with full
meter can be repeated 8 times (with full meter) for 600 damage.

Focus "ink" should be moved back a bit since the range is much shorter than what the ink looks like

Life lost when absorbing a focus attack is lost permanently (does not regenerate over time/no grey damage).

No level 2 focus attack (crumple on hit, and blockable)

Also a few of the hitboxes are too good on some normals. These are two that are particularly too good and should be nerfed slightly (unless it is accurate). Here are a couple moves with a suggestion highlighted in red.

The double-curse of Blue Beard Baboon lies in these words you see. Read them once, then read them twice and your island is history.
#18  September 13, 2011, 09:12:45 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
- She can't perform c.LK nor c.SK when running.
- Neo Freeze Execution gives back power to Kula.
- Just before the execution part in Neo Freeze Execution, the lifebars appear again. This may be done on purpose though.
- Both Freeze Execution and Neo Freeze Execution would look much nicer with a noFG assertspecial.
#19  September 14, 2011, 12:15:13 am
    • USA
For anyone who has the older version of her...would you mind checking to see if the focus attack problems can be replicated on that?

Everything else I'm taking care of.
#20  September 20, 2011, 01:58:53 am
Is this compatible when older Mugen?