YesNoOk

Scorpion By Gabe687  (Read 52303 times)

Started by Meldo, June 27, 2011, 09:04:05 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Scorpion By Gabe687
#21  June 29, 2011, 08:52:20 pm
This Scorpion has a lot of cool custom moves. I like this Scorpion and Gary Fisher's because of the new stuff added. Did you make this Scorpion compatible with any of the MK interactive stages out there?
#22  June 29, 2011, 09:44:16 pm
    • www.youtube.com/user/gabe687?feature=mhum
I haven't, but if I could find some I can give it a shot.

Another problem... the fireball reflection vs Motaro's distance got messed up some how, I'll need to fix that.

[edit]  fixed

http://www.sendspace.com/file/qu6imt
#23  June 30, 2011, 10:19:17 pm
Hey Gabe love your scorpion it's very creative and unique style of gameplay and I don't if you are aware of those bugs but I found two the grab where he shoots fire in your face doesn't want to work at times and the teleport fire slam punch thing when the opponte is in the very corner of the stage he slams them but he pushs back abit not sure if that one is suppose to happen but it looks werid to me but it's still a great scorpion and I've also seen your 3d work on making scorpion and I can wait to see it finish and play and I wish you good luck your projects
#24  June 30, 2011, 11:30:27 pm
I noticed that also with the fire breath throw, It's fixed now.

It got messed up when I was changing the collision boxes the other day, I made the reach on it a little shorter and it would miss some times...

The teleport dive mount has a push back "stumble" if he lands it too close to the wall, but I can change this to happen after the punch.

That's part of a system I was using before with wall slams, similar to Tekken.  I made it specifically for hard flying attacks that would mash the enemy against the wall at close range, like a flying kick and they would bounce back to make some space.

I'm not sure if I want to keep the general wall slams though, because I can't really control where it happens.  Ideally I'd like to have it on the real ends of the stage, not at the edge of the camera.  I could do that with my own stages, but there is no way to check this location for random stages as far as I know.

Best I have done so far is to work with frontedgedist/backedgedist and see how far past the player has gotten.

One reason for the wall slam was to stop infinite wall juggling, but I figured out how to make the gravity increase during juggles, so that's not so much of a problem any more.

Thanks

BTW, It doesn't bother me if you guys mess with the files.  Like the throw missing, you can just fix the collisions on it and let me know so I can fix it also.
#25  July 02, 2011, 06:53:02 am
  • Rawr!
lol gj gabe :).. btw i told u he'd fix it!! :P old version ;).. gabe works on tweaks all the time.. which is why i said its old version :P hahaha.. again gj gabe lovin' ur work.. can't w8 to see what u cook up next.
#26  July 02, 2011, 09:27:38 am
Yeah, pretty much ^

Some updates:

New target hit ID to send the enemy to different hit states branching all from one, I condensed four hit states in to one.

The goal with a lot of these basic things is to make it very easy for another person to work with and my self.  Setting up the code so all you need to do is fill in the blank with one number from a given list and get a complicated result.

I added the wall slams back with an on/off switch.

I changed his parry to get hit by non "standing normal", so throws and lows can hit it, etc.  He shoves against mid attacks and does an attack specific block animation to counter against highs.  It works more like the kung fu movies now.

I was able to override the KO fall to be more like MK's, so any move that doesn't knock down will do the normal standing stun or stumble before falling over.  If they are knocked down, there is almost no speed change.

You can buffer the basic jump moves, so it works like the dial combos.  Instant jump attacks are easy to do now.

I'm experimenting with making the throw escape a reversal instead of just having the characters separate.  It works like a parry now, but making specific actions for reversing or breaking specific throws, like in Tekken 6 and Virtua Fighter 5 is possible with the system in place.  I would just need to make the sequences to play out.
#27  July 05, 2011, 11:47:11 pm
This is a great custom Scorpion! Found a bug though on the move where he soars and takes the opponent with him. On my Mugen, one time it worked and one time he just kept going up and down with the opponent while in the air until time ran out. I don't really like that move though since I can't really picture Scorpion flying his opponent in the air.

Nonetheless, this is my favorite Scorpion for Mugen aside from the one made by Gary Fisher. On one of the spear moves though where he has trouble pulling the opponent, my suggestion would be instead of it saying, "get over here!" twice, the first time he tries and it says "get over here!" and it doesn't work, the second time when it does work, you should use that soundclip of Scorpion saying "get the F*CK over here!"  :o

Is there any custom intros/endings against any Sub-Zero?
#28  July 05, 2011, 11:58:30 pm
What stage was it messing up on?

It sounds like a problem with the stage boundary, I've noticed some stages have the limit set far from the edge of the stage so Scorpion can't reach it for the wall slam.  I can set a timer on the carry like Raiden, that should take care of this problem.

The move doesn't fit Scorpion?

What if that carry move was changed to something like a tackle, or maybe once he hit the enemy it works like the MK9 throw, where he drops the guy and just pull the spear back?

I haven't made an intro or ending vs Sub Zero, but I did get a special sequence with the spear, where Sub will catch and freeze it.
This is for my Sub Zero though, and I haven't converted him from MKP to Regular mugen yet.  The conversion for Scorpion was pretty much a complete remake, I think all that's left from MKP are some old sprites and a few actions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9mVCgQj6gc&feature=channel_video_title

The sound clip for the spear pull  is ok I guess, If I can get a copy I can add it.
#29  July 06, 2011, 02:16:16 am
What stage was it messing up on?

It sounds like a problem with the stage boundary, I've noticed some stages have the limit set far from the edge of the stage so Scorpion can't reach it for the wall slam.  I can set a timer on the carry like Raiden, that should take care of this problem.

The move doesn't fit Scorpion?

What if that carry move was changed to something like a tackle, or maybe once he hit the enemy it works like the MK9 throw, where he drops the guy and just pull the spear back?

I haven't made an intro or ending vs Sub Zero, but I did get a special sequence with the spear, where Sub will catch and freeze it.
This is for my Sub Zero though, and I haven't converted him from MKP to Regular mugen yet.  The conversion for Scorpion was pretty much a complete remake, I think all that's left from MKP are some old sprites and a few actions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9mVCgQj6gc&feature=channel_video_title

The sound clip for the spear pull  is ok I guess, If I can get a copy I can add it.

It might've been the stage boundary. I just felt it didn't fit Scorp because I'm not used to seeing him just fly an enemy up into the air across the screen like Superman or Raiden. I can picture it happening if he did his teleport move and it sent the enemy to the other side but not up the air BUT I may be mistaken because I've played most the MK games, not all and since you programmed the char I'm sure you know way more than I do.

I'd also like to note I like how if Scorp gets beat, when the next round starts he has a getup motion instead of already standing ready to fight. That's pretty cool.

I like that spear move! I'm glad someone is putting MK chars in regular Mugen with custom moves.

Matter fact, are you the same guy that converted Liu Kang, Raiden and Kung Lao? I'm new to Mugen so if this is info already available I apologize. Just wondering because all the chars are named Bloody at the beginning. If so, how do I get them to do their fatalities because it never says "FINISH HIM!" once I've gotten their lifebar down.
#30  July 06, 2011, 06:31:31 am
There were some edits I did of Kung Lao, Raiden, Liu Kang, Sub Zero, Reptile and Scorpion in MKP, with a bunch of custom moves like this Scorpion.

I got the sprites for a throw like MK9 made already, I just need to get them in mugen and coded now.  I think you are right, Scorpion can't fly but he can do like a super jump / air dash. 

[Edit] The throw is done...

If the fatality message doesn't show up, you know to do a fatality if the enemy is standing there dizzy and you hear the drum roll.  I don't remember why I turned that off,  I haven't messed with it in a while... Probably because I can't know if the enemy is male or female with random characters.
#31  July 06, 2011, 08:33:55 pm
Yeah I've never seen him fly but he does have a high jump and teleport moves. I don't know if you're up for taking suggestions to this already nice Scorp but a nice intro could be to include Quan Chi since Scorp basically works for him.
#32  July 07, 2011, 04:20:01 am
Another update

http://www.sendspace.com/file/7ijsxm

I changed that flying tackle to work with a short range.  The move links to a throw similar to the one he has in MK9, but this only happens when he reaches the ground.  If you reach the wall before that, he can do the wall slam during the tackle in the air.

The general wall slam is off by default, but there is a switch for it in the basics file.  Variable 21, set it to 1/0 = On/OFF.

I changed the throw escape back to the regular separation because the reversal was too strong.

#33  July 08, 2011, 03:09:21 am
Going to download now.. just like to say once again thanks for this Scorpion. Hope to see more MK chars for regular Mugen minus bugs! Its been long overdue... and the custom moves?   8)

Also if you wanted to incorporate Scorpion saying "Get the F*CK over here!" or "Get over here B*TCH!" into the spear move where he has to pull twice, those soundbytes are from the MK: Shaolin Monks game.
Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 06:33:30 am by dakidbanks
#34  July 08, 2011, 09:32:13 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Odd.  I had an older version of this Bloody Scorpion.  The A.I. was much more Brutal, I wouldn't get a hit in unless I get a right timed Counter.

This one feels.....slower, simplier.  The animations are a lot smoother now, though.

Still, pretty cool edit.  Thanks for the new roster addition.
#35  July 08, 2011, 06:23:44 pm
It's because I've been making a lot of stuff and not really updating the AI.  It's something I have been thinking about lately.

For the custom combos I know pretty much what to do.  It's how I got that stretcher fatality to work, and the general AI will improve over time as I continue adding triggers for different situations.
#36  July 08, 2011, 07:36:04 pm
All that's really left besides the intros and the MK voice announcing "Scorpion.. WINS!"
#37  September 13, 2011, 08:46:04 am
Here's an update on the 3D conversion of this character.  I have the model ready, so now it's a matter of doing all the animations in 3D and replacing the old sprites.

#38  September 13, 2011, 09:54:58 am
  • Its been ages
    • USA
#39  September 13, 2011, 01:20:17 pm
  • Oi, eu sou Goku!
    • Brazil
    • Skype - cardoso.ms
Excellent! I can not wait for this new version  :D

She will be in 640x480 resolution? I hope so!

"A loser will beat a genius through hard work!"- Rock Lee
#40  September 13, 2011, 02:03:31 pm
    • Germany
Yeah.
She'll be for 640 x 480

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty