YesNoOk

Card Sagas Wars ( Lenneth VS Walküre ) (Read 508138 times)

Started by Abysswolf, February 04, 2009, 04:37:10 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Card Sagas Wars ( Master Chief VS Samus )
#1101  September 12, 2011, 12:31:54 am
  • I'm just a Moo
    • USA
    • www.youtube.com/user/CoztheSexyBeast666
Hey I like Lenneth Valkyrie in Valkyrie Profile, but how does this pic give boner? :o
No
#1102  September 12, 2011, 03:38:09 am
#1103  September 12, 2011, 09:37:51 pm
  • Smash anyone, anything, who gets in your way!
    • France
Wait a sec!!! Why Etna is in the game without Laharl??
Ruling the world is just one checkpoint in my path!
#1104  September 12, 2011, 10:46:51 pm
  • I'm just a Moo
    • USA
    • www.youtube.com/user/CoztheSexyBeast666
No

Pal

#1105  September 12, 2011, 10:52:49 pm
    • Argentina
Hey, I've got a better idea.

We could either discuss what will they add next or we could stop bumping the fucking thread already.

Wait a sec!!! Why Etna is in the game without Laharl??

Etna is the better character and they're limiting themselves to one character per series in the playable roster.

Any character from the same series ends up as Support or Boss character, this is to increase variety in the roster.
#1106  September 12, 2011, 11:50:22 pm
First post updated. I'm really interested in Valkyrie's magic, and especially surprised that she gets the chameleon magic. Can't wait to see how that turns out! I don't think I see any other updates besides the note about Valkyrie, Lenneth getting labeled "completed" and the character banner being colored in a little more.
#1107  September 13, 2011, 12:32:25 am
    • cardgallery.tales-tra.com
Actually video is still uploading, but I need to go to sleep soon so I'll just post the basic update of the characters, video will be up in a couple hours.

Lenneth (Valkyrie Profile)
- Entire sheet was cleaned, fixed a lot of animations
- Cleaning was specially done to get better alternative colors (Hrist, Silmeria, Freya, and PSX opening colors are the best ones)
- Finished moveset, it was pretty much done before, we just retouched a couple of things
- She only had Glowing Pierce as a combo before, so we also made her whole combo moveset. Lenneth can summon einherjar (hittable) in her combos
- Holy Shields is her unique skill... I forgot to show it in the video, she summons her floating shields and changes her stance. With them she blocks projectiles without defending.
- Ptero attack can be done three times consecutively
- Her gameplay can be a bit tricky, she sometimes needs to keep freezing the enemy with the ice crystal (blockable) to keep a long combo.

Walküre (Walküre no Bouken)
- Lot of color separation and new animations
- Same as Lenneth, she got a lot better alternate palettes
- New normal attacks, most of them shield hits, special attacks are mostly the same
- New combos:
      Big Magic, Chameleon Magic , Zuhle's Shop,  Lightning Magic, Guard Impact
- Chameleon Magic is a magic that turns the opponent into a lame monster, such as Dragon Quest's Slimes:

we still need to do some more variations to it so the enemy can turn into random monsters, but that will be later on.
- Crisis Card Attack also done, but not shown in video
- Unique Skill consists in summoning an unique clone, which moves at the same time you push foward/back and attacks at the same time you push the attack button

BLAH, I forgot, Walküre has my first attempts at an AI, thanks to the advice of Steimpunk. She gets kinda annoying though.. really spammy, and it's not at very high random values.

I think that's it, I'm afraid there's no new stage at all yet. We want to start working on the next two characters (most likely Etna and Ivy) asap

Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 12:36:34 am by Abysswolf
#1108  September 13, 2011, 12:37:13 am
    • USA
I love you.
#1109  September 13, 2011, 01:34:45 am
That is so awesome. I love what you went with for both of 'em from the sounds of it. Is Valkyrie using a lot of shield attacks based on Soul Calibur maybe? I seem to remember lots of shieldwork when I made her in Soul Calibur III. It's either that or one of the manga where I remember at least one awesome shield-thing. Shame about no new stage though. I was really interested in which one of the two would win out for one.

Pal

#1110  September 13, 2011, 01:37:12 am
    • Argentina
Damn, and here I thought the update wasn't going to get posted until Friday or something.

Walkure sounds fun to use and I love that DQ slime sprite.
#1111  September 13, 2011, 02:12:43 am
Actually video is still uploading, but I need to go to sleep soon so I'll just post the basic update of the characters, video will be up in a couple hours.

Lenneth (Valkyrie Profile)
- Entire sheet was cleaned, fixed a lot of animations
- Cleaning was specially done to get better alternative colors (Hrist, Silmeria, Freya, and PSX opening colors are the best ones)
- Finished moveset, it was pretty much done before, we just retouched a couple of things
- She only had Glowing Pierce as a combo before, so we also made her whole combo moveset. Lenneth can summon einherjar (hittable) in her combos
- Holy Shields is her unique skill... I forgot to show it in the video, she summons her floating shields and changes her stance. With them she blocks projectiles without defending.
- Ptero attack can be done three times consecutively
- Her gameplay can be a bit tricky, she sometimes needs to keep freezing the enemy with the ice crystal (blockable) to keep a long combo.

Walküre (Walküre no Bouken)
- Lot of color separation and new animations
- Same as Lenneth, she got a lot better alternate palettes
- New normal attacks, most of them shield hits, special attacks are mostly the same
- New combos:
      Big Magic, Chameleon Magic , Zuhle's Shop,  Lightning Magic, Guard Impact
- Chameleon Magic is a magic that turns the opponent into a lame monster, such as Dragon Quest's Slimes:

we still need to do some more variations to it so the enemy can turn into random monsters, but that will be later on.
- Crisis Card Attack also done, but not shown in video
- Unique Skill consists in summoning an unique clone, which moves at the same time you push foward/back and attacks at the same time you push the attack button

BLAH, I forgot, Walküre has my first attempts at an AI, thanks to the advice of Steimpunk. She gets kinda annoying though.. really spammy, and it's not at very high random values.

I think that's it, I'm afraid there's no new stage at all yet. We want to start working on the next two characters (most likely Etna and Ivy) asap

THIS FIGHT IS GONNA BE SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
#1112  September 13, 2011, 02:33:13 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
*Doesn't know who the newest two are*

This Chameleon Magic sounds interesting....if I may make a suggestion?  A more recent game character that comes to mind, in regards to weak characters, are the Hobbes of Fable.

I actually have many suggestions in mind, but I'm sure no one wants this thread filling with random spectators suggesting games.
#1113  September 13, 2011, 05:30:57 am
  • Dan...hmph, what a fake
This is making me anxious for the game to come out...or atleast a demo version. I am just glad we are getting updates and amazing updates at that. That is enough.
#1114  September 13, 2011, 12:27:40 pm
This is the only mugen game thats pissing me off  >:( I want to play it but it seems it will never be done. This one is the best I've seen out of mugen and yet its gonna take never for it to be completed. Stop adding characters and Finish up. Thats why games make DLC. Have updates come out with new characters, stages, cards and fix bug.
Yo be honest with you they would have gotten a job from a game company if they would have released it by now  --;
so far this is the most famous and yet its the most unfinished.... I hope they dont quit on it. thats what happens when you work on somwthing for years and it seems to be never going to see the light of day.
 >:D wheres A Dang demo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really want to play this. :whip: hurry up. Tell us whats the deal with twitter or facebook or a dang message in a bottle. something. :( im gonna cry...  :bigcry:
thx for reading  :P
:woeh::woeh::woeh::woeh::woeh::woeh::woeh::woeh::woeh::woeh::woeh::woeh::woeh::woeh::woeh::woeh::woeh::woeh::woeh::woeh::woeh::woeh::woeh::woeh::woeh::woeh::woeh::woeh::woeh:
WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! WE FOUND A PENNY!
#1115  September 13, 2011, 02:28:08 pm
Enough.  Take into consideration that only 2 people are developing this.  And when they have free time.  You are not making it THEY are.  You have no right to rush them.  Quality such as this is very rare.  It is better for them to take their time instead of bumrushing it because of fan demands.  It could take as long as 2012-2013 or longer.  End of Discussion.

Looking forward to the gameplay.  Looking forward to Lenneth Valkyrie, can't wait to see what Einherjar get used.  Crosses fingers for Arngrim.

I was going to mention where are the floating shields but I saw you are using it as a special ability, which I must say is a cool idea.

Again looking forward to this.  Take your time.     
#1116  September 13, 2011, 03:44:46 pm
It was said several times, but I have to say it again - this is best M.U.G.E.N game ever. I love your pixel-art style, card system, characters. I admire that you do this godly work for free... seriously.

Just a question - I dont know if this is possible in M.U.G.E.N, but will you add card gallery in program where you can view cards from yours web? Like when you finish arcade with one character, some cards will open for view in "gallery mode" or so?
#1117  September 13, 2011, 11:36:08 pm
  • Finally learning how to code mugen. Wish me luck
This is the only mugen game thats pissing me off  >:( I want to play it but it seems it will never be done. This one is the best I've seen out of mugen and yet its gonna take never for it to be completed. Stop adding characters and Finish up. Thats why games make DLC. Have updates come out with new characters, stages, cards and fix bug.
Yo be honest with you they would have gotten a job from a game company if they would have released it by now  --;
so far this is the most famous and yet its the most unfinished.... I hope they dont quit on it. thats what happens when you work on somwthing for years and it seems to be never going to see the light of day.
 >:D wheres A Dang demo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really want to play this. :whip: hurry up. Tell us whats the deal with twitter or facebook or a dang message in a bottle. something. :( im gonna cry...  :bigcry:
thx for reading  :P

The best part about getting one of ^^THESE^^ messages is that you know the game you're making is gonna be great. lol (As rude as it is)

My none Mugen Project: One Piece Tag Battle
http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=510722
#1118  September 14, 2011, 12:21:38 am
  • So I shouldn't slit my wrists and dance naked?
i dont know why they dont release a demo. i  mean despite not having everything completed, with a game demo of this caliber it can actually hold off people for years and enough time to complete other characters/stages/cards/bugs/bosses? without some rushing demands. i dont care either way really,  just that its been a long time for a demo.

oh and great characters so far(dont who they are but nonetheless their gameplay will surely be amazing)
Card Sagas Wars!!

#1119  September 14, 2011, 12:32:42 am
  • Finally learning how to code mugen. Wish me luck
I guess it's more of a completion thing. I know I feel that way sometimes. You want that "Perfect" demo or when you think you have a demo ready you wanna add just one little thing and then it turns into 7 new characters, 5 new stages, 3 new modes, and now you can't release a demo without finishing what you just started lol

My none Mugen Project: One Piece Tag Battle
http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=510722
#1120  September 14, 2011, 12:38:33 am
Hmm, what happened to the video? Ahruon said it was uploading before he left yesterday, but it still hasn't shown up. (Unless they're no longer using Orkimides's YouTube channel?)