YesNoOk

Card Sagas Wars ( Lenneth VS Walküre ) (Read 508064 times)

Started by Abysswolf, February 04, 2009, 04:37:10 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Card Sagas Wars ( Lenneth VS Walküre )
#1141  September 16, 2011, 12:04:02 am
  • Mew. .-.
    • forums.kc-mm.com/index.php
As a great fan of these two characters and their games, I thank you for this video, and the great hommage. :)
I wish I could have seen more of their moves, but hey, that was splendid nonetheless.

I'm more worried that this will get nailed with a cease and desist if it garners too much attention.
Well, if it happens, so be it. There's nothing much that we can do about it, anyway.  :P

Even if a C&D letter was issued, I'm pretty sure that all in all, it was a great gamemaking experience for Ahruon and Orkimides. And a great visual experience for us all.

(I guess there's also the fact that if a compagny threatens them, they can just remove the material related to said compagny and keep the rest instact. Thus keeping the project itself afloat.)

There is a time and place for everything. ~
Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 12:07:35 am by Miacis
#1142  September 16, 2011, 10:01:19 am
    • cardgallery.tales-tra.com
The heath ammount/resistence seems to have gone down a considerable amount compared to last videos (the Objection crossfire took out half of Lenneth's heath!), was this just to shorten the video time?

I didn't record this one but I think the health was about at 80%. Still it was pretty lucky to Phoenix to hit 4 times.

About gameplay, I now just noticed that before the Crisis Card becomes useable the character walks back a little bit. Was that just to guard wile it becomes active or do you have to walk backward in order for the card to become useable?
? Nope

Characters don't seem to be hitable while they are knocked down (on their back), will this be changed or will it remain as a gameplay mechanic?

I'm not sure what do you mean by knocked down.
I got a simple question I need to have clarified:

Is it true that you're waiting for the next version of MUGEN until you release the demo? Or is there something else stopping you from doing that? Cause as awesome as the videos are, well... how long is that game in development again?

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
I've said many times that we are waiting for the new Fighter Factory to come out before releasing a demo, I don't know why people are saying that we are waiting for the new mugen

#1143  September 16, 2011, 04:13:54 pm
I've said many times that we are waiting for the new Fighter Factory to come out before releasing a demo, I don't know why people are saying that we are waiting for the new mugen
That's why I asked considering MUGEN doesn't update that often.
#1144  September 16, 2011, 04:31:25 pm
I'm more worried that this will get nailed with a cease and desist if it garners too much attention.
trailers have been posted in big gaming websites several times already i don't think it's going to get to that point any time soon
#1145  September 16, 2011, 07:47:37 pm
what do you need the new Fighter Factory from?
#1146  September 16, 2011, 11:12:01 pm
I guess I'll try to take advantage of Abysswolf answering questions and ask if we'll get to see the alternate colors or crisis card attacks that we haven't seen for existing characters in a micro update of some kind in the future?
#1147  September 17, 2011, 03:16:20 am
MUGEN 1.1 compatibility would be clutch tho.
#1148  September 17, 2011, 10:38:35 pm
I guess I'll try to take advantage of Abysswolf answering questions and ask if we'll get to see the alternate colors or crisis card attacks that we haven't seen for existing characters in a micro update of some kind in the future?

I don't mind showing anyones alternate colors in particular, I think I did that before. For the CC attacks well, at least I'd like to have some of them hidden until a playable version arrives... but who knows.

Revisions for Etna and Ivy (old-new):

#1149  September 17, 2011, 10:42:22 pm
@ Etna
I kinda liked the old one because it looks more like an actual battle stance but okay.

@ Ivy
What.
#1150  September 17, 2011, 10:46:58 pm
  • I'm a empty vessel seeking to be filled.
    • USA
@ Etha

I like the old one way better. This new one should just be to an intro animation and call it a day. even a winning pose. New one just doesnt look to go with the whole fighting theme.

@ Ivy

>_>

The new animation looks good but the breast part of it not so much. I know that small sprites like that is a challenge and all but they just look out of place to me lol. I can imagine the reason why you change it was because the first one she looks like a man rather a woman. May be fix the breast on the new on a bit and that should do it.
#1151  September 17, 2011, 10:52:53 pm
  • Currently working in 8 bits...
    • Sweden
Er... does Ivys... breast have to be so big? I know they are big but... THAT big?

As for Etna, I agree, her new sprites would work better as an Intro pose. The old one looks much better. :)
#1152  September 17, 2011, 11:21:47 pm
Etna's is based in her actual stance pretty much used in every game, old one was one I made up so I don't think I'm changing it.

Ivy well... it's Ork who decided to go with that, I showed him various breast sizes but he went stubborn to don't make anything below that.

#1153  September 17, 2011, 11:32:01 pm
It's cool. We aren't the developers, you are. Do whatever you want, we'll still eat it up.
#1154  September 17, 2011, 11:41:33 pm
@Etna: Perfect! I have no complains :)
@Ivy: You can go with that size.. But in that stance they look like 2 balls hitting each other o.o... If she's like jumping they would have to go up and down on same direction, I think.
#1155  September 17, 2011, 11:45:49 pm
ivy's breast size is ridiculous just like in soul calibur so it's an accurate rendition. nice job
#1156  September 18, 2011, 12:04:34 am
Yeah, I kinda agree with Ivy's obscenely large breasts being more or less accurate. It may not be pretty, but well, that's the way they are unfortunately.

So you'd be fine with sharing colors? I'm pretty much interested in EVERYONE... How about Walküre? She's my favorite after all.
#1157  September 18, 2011, 12:11:20 am
I dont mind the size of them it's they dont look like they move like flesh.
#1158  September 18, 2011, 01:01:16 am
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
Etna looks quite good!

Ivy..... they're HUGE! :P

I like how the new character stances have the characters actually stop and do something rather than how the old ones are just bobbing around.

I assume this means you guys are working on Etna and Ivy for the next chars?
#1159  September 18, 2011, 01:11:42 am
-Etna is good but im looking her a bit small, ok that she is just a girl not woman but she really is a skiny and tall teenager, but her remake is great ;)  :sugoi: and this is just my opinion: she should have her spear upside down close to her back floating behind her  ::) (don't take bad, only in her stance)

-Ivy is good in all the ways but her boobs are a GIANT  :P its just a bit more tiny just a little bit  :)

-and for the last character that u will put i think that should be YOU or ORKIMIDES like boss or chars that would be amazing :o

Saludos desde Rep. Dom. son reconocidos aki  :D
#1160  September 18, 2011, 01:29:21 am
They already have their custom characters in the game.