YesNoOk

Scorpion By Gabe687  (Read 52305 times)

Started by Meldo, June 27, 2011, 09:04:05 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Scorpion By Gabe687
#61  September 17, 2011, 03:17:36 am
    • www.youtube.com/user/gabe687?feature=mhum
I just started making his animations, I don't know how long it will take.
#62  September 29, 2011, 05:41:56 am
  • Don'T Crap upside Down, it doesnt Work!!
Where could i found the other Bloody chars?
#63  October 01, 2011, 02:34:44 pm
  • Q
Check Elecbyte's forums in the Exhibition Gallery. There is a topic called 'Gabe's Stuff' (or something similar) and the first post has Shang/Scorpion compatible with 1.0 and a few others that are MK Project compatible only, and a bit older. (They are being re-done)
#64  October 16, 2011, 05:50:30 am
    • Netherlands
I was told there was some fee back on here, so I'm curious to see what's up.

Some things to clear up though, the default mode is totally custom.  I'm not making a copy of any game with that one, just trying to be creative.

The UMK3 mode, I will never get that perfect, what I can do is get a general feel for it.  I know it's way off, but over time with tweaking It can be more accurate.

On what critique I have so far.

Damage is weird because It hasn't been set.  What I have so far is a base setting that every move is using, then it changes with damage scaling.  That was increased earlier today, so overall less damage.  What did 50% before does more like 25 or 30 now.

I'm not sure what you mean about the fatalities not working, I don't have any problems with them.
Toasty =  U,U,HP  At jump distance
Mob = F,F,D,U,Run At jump distance
Stretcher = DF+HP+LP at close distance
Spear Decap = Any spear special that catches the enemy.  This one only works against my Scorpion right now.

Combos look fine to me, maybe you  just aren't used to them?
I'm using a buffer system to get the timing I want to matter when you do the command.  The commands are done by input of the next attack during the previous one, same as 3D fighters.  Only the special 2 in 1's are using the movehit as the trigger.

The hit boxes are thicker now, I made them thin before because that's what they look like in MKT.  It makes some combos miss, so I changed it back yesterday.

Infinite priorities on every attack, is again because that's the way MK has it.  I got some video footage of MKTrilogy with the collision display on, so that's what I was working with when trying to get some stuff like UMK3.  If this is a problem I can add the blue collisions where the Red ones are.

The spear in the custom mode is made to work that way, catch on the way out and hit on the way back.

The spear chains are slow enough so it can be countered easily, what moves are spammable?  I'm countering it consistently, maybe non MK characters have trouble with it?

Invincibility frames on startup of moves I'm not sure what you mean, which ones are you looking at?

The air recovery is normal air recovery like kfm.  He just has a custom state for it that changes the animation and landing.  The move can be toned down.

Thanks for the critique, I'll try to fix some of these issues.  This seems to be the only place I get any real feed back on the problems.

Hopefully I can get an new version uploaded soon, I already fixed a bunch of bugs on it since the last post on youtube, but I'll have a look at the things mentioned here before posting a new link.

As for the bugs... this is a real pain, I fix all the bugs as I run in to them but new ones show up no matter what.  I just have to keep fixing them as they become known.

You just made the most awesome char ive ever played in mugen  :o.
Big fan of your works here thx for making scorpion bleed style. :sugoi:
#65  October 19, 2011, 12:26:34 pm
    • Netherlands
Hey Gabe687,

Just one question, (uhm 2 actually) ;D

1 Will you ever be implementing those moves from the 1.0 version to the MKP mugen Scorpion?????
2 Are you gonna make more chars from MK?

There's only a handfull of MK chars on 1.0 that's why i asked.
there's only 2 good ones though  :sugoi:
#66  October 19, 2011, 11:07:18 pm
  • Q
Sorry to speak for bleed, but he said he isn't making any more MKP characters, but he does plan on doing many more MK chars.

And BTW, besides bleed's (fantastic) work there are a few other pretty fair MK chars, like an Ermac by pneophen.
#67  October 20, 2011, 04:25:45 am
    • Netherlands
Sorry to speak for bleed, but he said he isn't making any more MKP characters, but he does plan on doing many more MK chars.

And BTW, besides bleed's (fantastic) work there are a few other pretty fair MK chars, like an Ermac by pneophen.

Thx for your answer on these 2 questions  :sugoi:
Will sure take a lot of work if Bleed gonna do some other mk chars.
He changed up the chars i played a lot.(all awesome though)
That ermac you spoke of sure was quite a nice add to the roster  ;D
Cant wait for a bloody ermac
#68  November 21, 2011, 12:43:02 am
  • Rawr!
sorry if i'm bumping an old thread here its been 30days since it last reply.. but

gabe bro.. yet again u never cease to amaze me .. excellent work on ur models greatly detailed.. with that amount of work i see u put into a hobby i can just imagine how excellent if u put all ur time into it.. great work looking forward to seeing more.
#69  November 21, 2011, 01:29:34 am
  • The Only Easy Day was Yesterday
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/truemicah
More than likely, he won't read that.
Tell him that here.