YesNoOk

Yumi from Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi, edited by BBH (Read 9220 times)

Started by Baby Bonnie Hood, September 23, 2011, 06:25:34 pm
Share this topic:
Yumi from Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi, edited by BBH
New #1  September 23, 2011, 06:25:34 pm
  • Cute Bounty Hunter

I have to admit.  Even though it ended up being meh overall, I kinda liked Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi.  And even though KenshinHimura's conversion of Yumi from a GBA platformer to MUGEN ended up being an utter mess (no offense), I still kinda liked her.

Which is why I spent the past couple of weeks finally fixing her up.  This is the most extensive edit I've done yet; unlike Mario and Reika, I had to practically redo most of the character from scratch.  But the end result is worth it, because she's now a far cry from her messy original.  I believe Kenshin would be proud of this... maybe.

I still have to give her one more super, but she's practically complete otherwise.  Have fun, and rock on :)

Edit: No link because this version is outdated now.  Go here for the latest version:
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=135774.0
Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 05:43:43 am by Yoma Komatsu
Re: Yumi from Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi, edited by BBH
#2  September 23, 2011, 07:05:49 pm
  • Standby for Slumber
    • USA
-No difference in damage between the light, medium, and heavy versions of Guitar Riff and Guitar Slide.
-Guitar Slide can OTG up to 4 times, and you can use any standing/crouching basic attack twice before doing Guitar Slide again. You can also use Guitar Slides after preforming Yumi Frenzy. I don't know if this is intentional.

Tried her against Kung Fu Man for a bit. I'll try her out some more when I get back to my actual computer.
Pretty neat, I like.
#3  September 23, 2011, 07:22:35 pm
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
The otg is intentional; in fact, all of her attacks can otg.  Of course, I doubt your opponent will just stay lying down so you can otg them all day/until you run out of juggle points/until their liedown time is up.
#4  September 23, 2011, 07:31:16 pm
  • Standby for Slumber
    • USA
I see.
Either way, it's pretty darn neat. It's like GBA characters don't get enough love these days.
#5  September 24, 2011, 12:08:36 pm
  • Maker of obscurity.
    • http://tetsuwanatom.b1.jcink.com/
Never thought somebody would want to update Yumi.
I recall Kenshin Himura was also helping with Cowgal Yumi, but he quitted Puffy characters, but still have the beta anyway. I wonder if Ryochi who was also making her will continue.
So, you'll update Ami too? Or Julie?
-Toshio Tenma
#6  September 24, 2011, 02:35:26 pm
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
So, you'll update Ami too? Or Julie?

Probably not, I've always preferred Yumi over Ami.  The most I'll do with Ami is as Yumi's striker and as part of a new super I'm working on.
#7  September 24, 2011, 11:49:29 pm
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
I like what you did with yumi really wish you would do this with the others but its up to you, on a side note are you saying you have cowgirl yumi? i never even knew that was released even as a beta.

since you like yumi will you be editing his bikini fashion and ninja yumi versions to?

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#8  September 25, 2011, 03:50:47 am
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
Huh?  I didn't even know there was a Cowgirl Yumi.

And aren't those just spriteswaps anyway?  Different sprites but the coding is the same.  That's not a bad idea, actually; I can have Yumi have multiple SFFs for different outfits but the coding will still be the exact same.

Of course, there's the matter of finding them.....
#9  September 25, 2011, 06:58:26 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
I have both Bikini Fashion and Ninja Yumi. If you want them, give me a ring. :)
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#10  September 25, 2011, 11:06:42 pm
  • Maker of obscurity.
    • http://tetsuwanatom.b1.jcink.com/
I edited some sprites for compatibility with Doremi's Odango if you're interested.
Also, I must ask Ryochi if he wish to continue Cowgal Yumi. If not, I can send the beta for you, also I doubt Kenshin Himura will object it, since he got sick of his own Puffy characters.
-Toshio Tenma
#11  September 26, 2011, 05:32:10 am
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
First of all, thanks SolidZone :)

But as it turns out, they're not just mere spriteswaps.  In fact, some of them have less sprites than the regular Yumi (Ninja Yumi in particular has a lot less sprite count on top of the completely different sprites she has, she's gonna be a major pain to work with).

Since sprite work takes up the most time, I'm gonna work on that new super first.  The alternate outfits and that Odango thing will have to wait.

On a side note, Yumi BF has a portrait of both Yumi and Ami together in her SFF.  It's almost perfect for what I'm planning... except the colors are all wrong and most likely the original palette it used is long lost.  So close and yet so far.....
#12  October 28, 2011, 05:35:09 pm
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
Finally did an update.  First post has been edited with a new download link.

New to this version are air throws and Ami as an assist.  I'm almost done with her...

And as for the costumes, I've decided to abandon the idea.  Too much work for potentially too little reward, and I'm no spriter like Kenshin.  So I've settled for just using a few sprites from her other versions in this Yumi.  Better than nothing.
#13  October 29, 2011, 08:18:25 pm
  • Standby for Slumber
    • USA
EXCELLENT.
*air guitar riff here*

Will give her a go later when I'm done with lunch.
#14  October 30, 2011, 11:59:04 pm
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
oh cool awesome will try out thanks

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#15  October 31, 2011, 02:26:43 am
  • Standby for Slumber
    • USA
Well, I gave her a spin, and the only thing I see that's off so far is that s.HP's CLSN boxes only cover the left half of Yumi.
#16  October 31, 2011, 04:14:19 am
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
Kenshin's clsn work isn't exactly stellar.

I dunno why, but I just can't seem to bother with that particular clsn.  It's not really gamebreaking, anyway.