YesNoOk

[Theme Thread] CVS Sprite thread (Read 2974838 times)

Started by Formerly Hoshi, April 21, 2010, 09:51:37 pm
Re: [Theme Thread] CVS Sprite thread
#1421  September 17, 2011, 05:16:01 pm
  • spriter, animator....that's all i can say

another wip
it's not good :-\....
Like Titiln, says, anis, saying "it's not good" can make others' skill be discouraged. It's better you be appropriate and speak kind rather than just saying "no good, that sucks!". You need to explain what you think what needs to be improved for a spriter like him/her. But don't be too critique on saying it has to be too/very perfect in looks. This is a learning thread for those who are not skillful and those who are trying their best to catch up what they can to make it a real look. Those pros like Diepod, MaranCV, Felo, and some of great spriters, they showcase on what they like to share.

newboyflow, looks nice. :) I don't know but you got some shading right. The hair looks kinda undone to me, but you have a good start to show. :) Nice one.
well, i didn't mean to discourage him, but, i cannot describe the wrong thing in it, that's my prob, and sry if i was very offensive :(

having trouble with the arms.
nice 8)!!
cla cla! the magical magicien "magic", will make disappear you Shakra!
#1422  September 17, 2011, 07:05:29 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!

I like the concept here though..I think the thing that gives the most trouble is hair..I have trouble with shiny surfaces like metal weapons, armor and stuff . keep at it though cuz yer makin progress.
#1423  September 18, 2011, 04:30:43 am
  • StormEX
  • | Content Creator | Gamer | Programmer |
    • USA
    • Twitch.tv/ZayOsirisGaming

Everything is 99.9% Seperated :)

I can't wait to get started soon
#1424  September 18, 2011, 06:20:07 am
  • The Yatagarasu will be coming in any moment.
well, i didn't mean to discourage him, but, i cannot describe the wrong thing in it, that's my prob, and sry if i was very offensive :(
It's okay. You didn't mean to be offensive. Like you, I cannot describe some wrong thing(s) too. Only if you know some styles you've seen or think it needs something to be improved, you can give feedback. If you don't know about it, don't comment. I don't mean to be discouraging you from posting, but let you have a good time here.
Titiln said:
focus more and stop thinking about things like the internet or titties

Whatever happened to sex, drugs, and Rock. Nowadays, it's whores, AIDS, and Hip-Hop.
#1425  September 18, 2011, 12:50:54 pm

Everything is 99.9% Seperated :)

I can't wait to get started soon
:o awesome!!
It's okay. You didn't mean to be offensive. Like you, I cannot describe some wrong thing(s) too. Only if you know some styles you've seen or think it needs something to be improved, you can give feedback. If you don't know about it, don't comment. I don't mean to be discouraging you from posting, but let you have a good time here.
ok thanks ^_^
#1426  September 20, 2011, 08:28:04 pm
  • hmmmm
i need help with lol and re-doing that batsu NOT DONE!!!
Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 08:58:29 pm by newboyflow
#1427  September 20, 2011, 09:09:50 pm
  • Bringing her back
    • USA
    • hiivolt-07.deviantart.com/
Keep doing your thing man, Practice practice practice, but what I don't get is that there's so many Batsus going around. Why are none of them matching the CvS sprites of him in Kyosuke... I mean, those are official.

All in all I'll say pay attention to other CvS character's proportions and watch out for pillow shading.
Spriting is hard.
#1428  September 21, 2011, 03:27:54 am
  • Because Card Fighters Clash 2 wasn't quite as good
Keep doing your thing man, Practice practice practice, but what I don't get is that there's so many Batsus going around. Why are none of them matching the CvS sprites of him in Kyosuke... I mean, those are official.

All in all I'll say pay attention to other CvS character's proportions and watch out for pillow shading.

what he said, and emphasize PRACTICE and DONT GIVE UP, 'cos it takes time to nail it right but also a whole lot of patience and observation, and yeah, take Kyosuke's proportion in mind when doing sprites of Batsu, they should be near to one another IMO. :3
#1429  September 21, 2011, 11:45:29 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
- Newboyflow: Well, you certainly have your own style(as some of us here, including me), based in CvS. And as some people here said, don't feel discouraged: you're learning, and the best path for arrive to a certain point is learning and making mistakes, there's no shame on it. ALL of us have had our mistakes, so, keep it on ;)!! Well, for the girl, try lighter colours that allows to show the details(it's a minor thingl I know), and for Batsu I'd only suggest you to work in the shoulders-upper arm zone: you don't need to put a wide line as it is, take as exemple Kyosuke: a short, thin line which uses a gradient ;). Aside that, try to define(a bit) his right knee, and be careful with one of the folders near his left knee. Now, go to his right forearm, the place where it merges with the upper, doesn't needs to be a line, like a frontier, try to make it like a continuum.

Well, as for me, I have finished the FOCUS attack for Rose. I know I suck animating, but...¬¬X

And of course, I put the working colours in, because I was too lazy for changing them, xD!

Have a nice day!!

EDIT: Thanks goes to Werewood for his SF4 Rips, xie xie!!
I swear there was something cool here!!
#1430  September 21, 2011, 05:25:30 pm
  • Bringing her back
    • USA
I meant the cvs sprites of Batsu in Kyosuke's sff. It was a super I guess.
Spriting is hard.
#1431  September 22, 2011, 01:10:05 am
  • StormEX
  • | Content Creator | Gamer | Programmer |
    • USA
    • Twitch.tv/ZayOsirisGaming

what do you mean by pillow shading?
#1432  September 22, 2011, 08:01:00 pm

chest shading maybe?
#1433  September 22, 2011, 08:21:44 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!

its kinda more like SFA3 shading I think. I prefer CvS shading the best
#1434  September 22, 2011, 08:28:04 pm
  • Bringing her back
    • USA

The shoulder mainly on Batsu. It means dont completly outline the lightest color with the second lightest color.
Spriting is hard.
#1435  September 22, 2011, 09:07:54 pm
#1436  September 24, 2011, 07:01:59 am
  • Mugen retiree, occasional spriter, Part of ATP
  • Also Known as Danownsall and Willfan

probably could use some work
#1437  September 24, 2011, 10:43:30 pm
  • Because Card Fighters Clash 2 wasn't quite as good
good Shock sprites, now his wife please ^.^
#1438  September 25, 2011, 07:04:29 am
  • StormEX