YesNoOk

KOF XIII Saiki beta7f by Werewood & BoyBoyz (no more updates) (Read 350915 times)

Started by Werewood, June 29, 2011, 05:44:23 pm
Share this topic:
Re: KOF XIII Saiki beta7f by Werewood & BoyBoyz (update 2011-09-25)
#121  September 25, 2011, 07:51:54 am
Latest Patch:

1. Basically I opened KOFXIII and mugen windows side by side, and compared all the move times. This latest patch is hardcore accurate in terms of timing. Lots of timings changed, even including walking speeds.
2. A new ctrlset has been added for sweepkick near the end of its animation. This is because a pausetime is introduced  to the animation. You'll see what I mean.
3. The commands for super counter and super slow have been changed.

This patch has the nerfed AI, but contains a file called 'kof13saiki Insane AI'. To use the Insane AI just rename the file to 'kof13saiki.cns' and overwrite the existing one... but make backups though.
Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 05:33:21 pm by BoyBoyz
Re: KOF XIII Saiki beta7f by Werewood & BoyBoyz (update 2011-09-14)
#122  September 26, 2011, 08:56:21 pm
  • Trying now to act normal
    • https://onedrive.live.com/?id=7DB65F02B0BBD12E!105&cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E
Bleh, sorry for the constant updates lol.

This patch fixes the 10hit combo bug and some other stuff.

There's one more issue, where if the enemy's fireball manages, in rare cases, to cancel saiki's fireball, the enemy will still get stunned by the invisible helper. This invisible helper hits FULLSCREEN (to prevent misses), so in simul mode saiki can be abit overpowered... That's all... I'm done with him till the new sprites are here.

http://www.mediafire.com/?30kk0tq3djph5sj       -        mugen 1.0 patch (65kb)

http://www.mediafire.com/?0w787w62bf7pmd4     -      winmugen patch

http://www.mediafire.com/?y1bpsn2mwmalabh        -      beta8A full. Download this if you're lazy to apply patches. Winmugen users still need to patch though.

>> http://www.mediafire.com/?y1bpsn2mwmalabh        -      beta8A full
Invalid or deleted file???

I need beta8A full re-uploaded please because your "http://www.mediafire.com/?eu5n5x2hpswhaza   -    original beta8 for mugen 1.0" also not working............

Thanks, BoyBoyz!  :D
* Pleasing other people is nice, but when creating for Mugen, you're supposed to please yourself first. -- Cybaster
Re: KOF XIII Saiki beta7f by Werewood & BoyBoyz - Final update
#123  September 26, 2011, 10:14:31 pm
Hey Werewood!

Sorry for the spoilt link... Now all's fixed with another update. There is no more fireball bug! The helper will disappear if saiki's fireball gets cancelled and he gets hit. No known bugs left until more are found! Hell yeah!

In case I forgot to mention, these are the prominent updates. The rest have to do with sounds and timings and AI bugs that's all:

1. counter's C+D voice changed to animelem 6
2. fireball helpers changed to 1302 instead of fullscreen 10001, and made 1302 clsn larger. Adjusted positions and offsets accordingly (because 1302 is shared by 3 other moves), and made velocity 20 so that it'll disappear from screen fast enough to prevent bugs.
3. Made fireball handswipe's hitdef last till animelem 17 only, to prevent 10hit combo bug.
4. Increased counter's C+D clsn so it can hit enemies that are countered behind saiki.
5. Added some p2facing = 1 to grab moves to prevent saiki grabbing them 'from behind' ;)
6. Fixed counter's pausetime for p2 to 21, to correct a bug with kyo clone 10

Just a reminder to the rest, the QCF+ a is a stone throw move, but when done close, it becomes an unblockable sweep kick. This isn't stated in the movelist.
Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 11:58:24 pm by BoyBoyz
#124  September 27, 2011, 06:07:00 am
Ok yup, bugs are gone, and some new additions!:

*1. Due to popular demand and being true to source, walk and grab and stationary grab now cannot grab air or falling enemies, but CAN STILL GRAB those stunned in air/falling state! If enemy is in air, saiki will still walk over, but when near the airborne enemy, will stop and changestate into a new animation. Saiki can be hit while this happens. True to source!
*2. Modified .cmd file so that QCF+a sweepkick when near only comes out when enemy is standing. If enemy is in air or falling/lying down, stone throw activates. True to source
3. Made new hitdefs for standing strong/light punch, so that they launch enemy into air if they are in stunned state. true to source.
4. Added new hitdefs for fireball handswipe, so that it cannot hit falling enemies but can hit airstunned/airstunnd-falling enemies. True to source.
5. Added new hitdef for forward fireball, so it can't hit a falling enemy. This and the handswipe modification is to prevent a combo from sweepkick. True to source
6. the air fireball would not trigger the dark web properly especially if the fireball hit when near ground - fixed the offset of helper to -30 and increased velocity y.
7. fireballs would trigger dark web but not stun enemy, because helper did not destroyself when hit by fullscreen attack (tested with kyo clone 10, magaki, evilken) - fixed by adding triggers like movecontact && p2movetype = H or p2movetype != H to destroyself.
8. Forward fireball would not trigger dark web properly when it exploded when zero kof2k2um kicked it - fixed by increasing velocity x.
9. Forward fireball was still missing the second stun frame when the enemy landed right on the edge of the fireball. Hopefully fixed by adjusting offset to -60 for x.

1 issue:
1. A loose helper will hit the enemy and then disappear (without stunning or anything, phew) after forward fireball gets cancelled by evilken's super fireball. Not a big issue though.

Things not true to source:
1. Saiki can perform a standing strong punch combo-ed into another forward fireball on a stunned enemy, while in the source the fireball couldn't hit the enemy after strong punch landed. Maybe I'll fix this sometime
2. In the source, when hit by a fireball in the air, the enemy will straightaway go into a custom state and land on the ground. In this mugen version, the enemy will go into a hit animation, then go into custom animation. I can't solve this without having some other bug appear.
Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 03:52:12 pm by BoyBoyz
#125  September 27, 2011, 06:18:59 pm
1. Reworked .cmd file by removing var(1), and adding these to every special/super move to enable cancelling into special/super moves from normal move only WITHIN certain animelem span. Also, C+D can be cancelled into from standing lightpunch:
trigger3 = stateno = 200
trigger4 = stateno = 210 && animelemno(0) = [1,5]
trigger5 = stateno = 240 && animelemno(0) = [1,9]
trigger6 = stateno = 900 && animelemno(0) = [1,7]

All timings true to source.

2. Added these commands to forward fireball's handswipe (statedef 1000) hitdef to prevent comboing from standing strong punch WHEN ENEMY IS STUNNED:
triggerall = prevstateno != 200
triggerall = prevstateno != 210
triggerall = prevstateno != 900

3. Added a new hitdef in statedef 1000 to allow comboing WHEN ENEMY IS ON GROUND AND NOT STUNNED

4. Changed selfstate value from 5100 to 5110 (Lie down animation), true to source.

Got no time to figure out the loose helper problem. Will update once I do.

http://www.mediafire.com/?43jjtkp4qt34q30              -    beta8B mugen 1.0 (14mb)

http://www.mediafire.com/?gn6pfbgsar0nabv       -  winmugen patch (65kb)
#126  September 27, 2011, 06:59:30 pm
  • Trying now to act normal
    • https://onedrive.live.com/?id=7DB65F02B0BBD12E!105&cid=7DB65F02B0BBD12E
Oh I am using your Beta8A to  try to look into the 2 different MUGEN versions issue................and now you released Beta8B that fast!

I am not be able to keep up with your awesome pace  ;P

Now I will switch to your Beta8B to continue..........or shall I wait till your updates are done?

* Pleasing other people is nice, but when creating for Mugen, you're supposed to please yourself first. -- Cybaster
#127  September 27, 2011, 09:31:08 pm
Ok I made a big compromise, but managed to fix the problem, which lies in the many EXTRA helpers. I removed all of them. Now Saiki's fireball cannot 'eat' evilken's (but can eat a lot of other projectiles), and will just disappear. There are no additional helpers floating or travelling around the screen. His handswipe can still cancel all projectiles though.

With this change, animelems for second stun are back to 24, and quite a few adjustments in terms of ground/air velocity and pausetimes have been made to accommodate the delay in second stun. Tested quite a lot with all possible combos and scenarios and it seems fine.

No more bugs, only 3 things not true to source:

1. the forward fireball (state 1000/state 1007) can still hit a landing enemy (but not falling), making saiki able to chain a 2 hit combo with strong punch + fireball on a stunned (states 822/823) enemy. The handswipe won't hit though.
2. Various other minor stuffs like juggling with light punch (state 200) etc are also hard to change, because once u change one thing, you have to change everything also. That's how complicated the coding for saiki is.
3. As I've said before, the custom state that the enemy enters right when fireball hits is unachievable for me, I give up. This is as far as I can go!

Estimate: 96% completion, not counting the lack of sprites.
Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 09:46:28 pm by BoyBoyz
#128  September 27, 2011, 09:59:46 pm
OMG I forgot to add assertspecial no shadow for air fireball (1002) !!! You can either add that urself for normal and insane AI cnses, or download the new file again LOL. Sorry!

http://www.mediafire.com/?cvg9xajgjakx92k   - mugen 1.0 (14mb)
Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 12:34:41 am by BoyBoyz
Re: KOF XIII Saiki beta7f by Werewood & BoyBoyz (no more updates)
#129  September 29, 2011, 12:34:12 am
1. Added a new hitdef to statedef 200 (light punch), with triggerall = p2stateno = 5000 || p2stateno = 5888 || p2stateno = 5030 || p2stateno = 5035 || p2stateno = 5040 || p2stateno = 5060 || p2stateno = 5061 || p2stateno = 5070 and hitflag = M, to prevent juggling when in the falling state. I tried ifelse for the juggle = , but it didn't work.

2.  Re-enabled jump. Adjusted jump.neu to -10 from -12.5, changed jump time in .air to 4, removed some landing animations (state 47). Adjusted AI/ insane AI accordingly to not jump, but as a result the AI kinda sucks now.

3. Adjusted new common1.cns such that when saiki jump lands opposite opponent, he will not go into landing animation (47) at all, but instead immediately turn to (anim = 5) with the landsound. True to source.

4. Modified walking sounds in the state-3 section to prevent many walking sounds when tapping forward rapidly:
trigger1 = stateno = 20 ;walking forward
trigger1 = timemod = 43, 11

Bugs:
1. Mugen Saiki is NOT compatible for simultaneous mode. Why? If his fireball hits the enemy behind, that enemy will get stunned but the dark web will appear on the front enemy. Will need some time to fix this.

2 issues left
Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 06:11:15 pm by BoyBoyz
#130  September 29, 2011, 06:16:33 pm
fixed some stuff. I'm gona stop updating saiki... As such, I'll list the problems left below, so you guys can solve em if you want:

1. Lack of damage dampener for handswipe + fireball infinite combo
2. simul mode dark web appearing on nearest p2 instead of the hit enemy
3. fireball hitting falling enemy from standing strong punch > fireball combo on a stunned enemy
4. initial stun animation on air enemy not true to source
5. down fireball not stunning when hit near pos y = 0
Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 02:20:59 pm by BoyBoyz
#131  September 29, 2011, 06:32:09 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
Just a question, why don't you solve them before stopping? Don't you know how to do it? You can ask help here in case you got stuck on something.
#132  September 29, 2011, 08:35:58 pm
I've tried very hard already... solved a lot of bugs since I started helping Werewood. Now it's like 95% complete, and though I'd hate to give it up, I don't know how to proceed any further, until maybe I get an epiphany on how to solve the bugs.

I've tried asking, but it takes time for ppl to reply too. So let's wait and see.
Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 08:45:32 pm by BoyBoyz
#133  October 01, 2011, 03:15:54 pm
Here's Beta 8C:

1. Damage dampener applied for forward fireball + handswipe (state 1000) combo
2. stun animation made smoother, so that enemy slowly drops to ground instead of instantly. Still only 90% true to source.  The source version has the enemy falling in stunned anim immediately on hit, while mine has a pause. This pause is to enable the enemy to fall to ground later if he's stunned in midair.
3. fixed fireball not hitting when enemy slightly off the ground.

Unsolved:
1. simul mode dark web (state 1099 + 1099 helper in state -2 area) appearing on nearest/random p2 instead of the hit enemy (Sorry Cyanide, I can't make it work) - don't use saiki in simul mode if you don't wanna see bugs.
2. fireball helper (state 1007) hitting falling enemy from standing strong punch (state 210) > fireball combo on a stunned enemy - This can't be solved given the mechanics I've made for Saiki so far. It's not a bug, just not true to source.

I see some youtube videos where people are still using the crappy first edition saiki on winmugen. Use this version on Mugen 1.0 for best effects. Enjoy this last release!

Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 03:57:55 pm by BoyBoyz
#134  October 01, 2011, 03:22:41 pm
  • Come mighty warrior face me
    • Indonesia
    • Skype - Rizki291
i will download this one cause one of my mvc saiki bug
#135  October 01, 2011, 05:02:18 pm
Sorry I fixed another thing where QCF + a when near couldn't hit crouching enemy.
Or you could simply add triggerall = p2dist x <= 85 && p2statetype != A (instead of p2statetype = S) to value = 1610 area in the .cmd file.
Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 03:21:35 am by BoyBoyz
#136  October 02, 2011, 02:53:59 am
This .cns patch solves the damage dampener (attackmulset) not returning the damage to normal.
No more updates for at least 2 days I promise : p don't wanna disturb u guys anymore
Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 11:15:13 pm by BoyBoyz
Re: KOF XIII Saiki beta7f by Werewood & BoyBoyz - 04-10-2011
#137  October 04, 2011, 05:57:49 pm
1. stationary grab ends faster, and is nerfed. grab hitdef only in initial few seconds, not during the pause of 15 seconds also. True to source.
2. Added pausetime after standing strong punch and standing light punch. Added ctrlset for standing strong punch so that it can be spammed faster. True to source.
3. light stone throw now has another hitdef, where if enemy is in darkweb, it will hit him off the ground but wont cause a fall.
4. Removed super slow move. Too buggy. The code is still in .cns  though, statedef 3200. For users to mod it if wanted.
5. Fixed some normal AI bugs, since jumping is now re-activated.
6. Toughened up normal AI slightly by enabling his stationary grab, but still has one key weakness that is in KOFXIII, and still has his current fireball spamming weakness. Insane AI patch is still... insane.

2 issues:
1. down fireball not stunning when hit right near ground
2. simul mode dark web hit random p2

Link above.
Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 06:04:03 pm by BoyBoyz
#138  October 05, 2011, 02:43:20 am
  • Maker of obscurity.
    • http://tetsuwanatom.b1.jcink.com/
It says that no folder was found?
-Toshio Tenma
#139  October 05, 2011, 02:59:47 am
  • Its been ages
    • USA
#140  October 05, 2011, 03:03:30 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA