YesNoOk

Unique Tactic - Ideas and Suggestions (Updated 7/13 with NEW INFO) (Read 93585 times)

Started by Sean Altly, September 29, 2011, 10:44:11 pm
Share this topic:
Unique Tactic - Ideas and Suggestions (Updated 7/13 with NEW INFO)
#1  September 29, 2011, 10:44:11 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
So I decided that the 6th button, previously referred to as the "Special" button, would now be designated the UT, or Unique Tactic button.

The Unique Tactic is pretty self-explanatory. Pressing the button will perform a unique attack/action/function for each character. I figure it's a way to incorporate other game mechanics and as a balance measure so that certain characters with disadvantages can make up for it. Anyway, this thread is for ideas and suggestions as to what each character's UT should be. Here's the roster list, for quick reference, along with any already decided UTs.

CAPCOM

1. Ryu (SF) - Karmic Shift (Changes the properties of his next special or super move, credit to Iced for the idea)
2. Ken (SF) - Educated Feet (The special kicks from CVS2, different directions do different kicks, hold for overhead)
3. Alex (SF3) - Universal Overhead (Just like in SF3)
4. Charlie (SFA) - Alpha Counter (press while guarding for Alpha Counter, limited number of uses)
5. Chun Li (SF2) - Focus Attack (works like in SFIV)
6. Mr. X (Resident Evil 2) - Shoulder Smash (powerful knockdown attack, like a Blowback)
7. Jill Valentine (Resident Evil)
8. Hinata (Rival Schools)
9. Morrigan (Darkstalkers)
10. Megaman (Megaman) - Weapon Switch (multiple presses scrolls through available Special Weapons)
11. M. Bison/Vega (SF2) -
12. Jin Saotome (Cyberbots) - Bulk Up (Grants one hit of super armor, credit to Cazaki for the idea)
13. Arthur (Ghosts 'n Goblins) - Lance Throw (mash button for rapid throws, lances do little damage but can be spammed, credit to Cazaki for the idea)
14. Haggar (Final Fight) - Spinning Lariat (High invincibility and priority, drains a little bit of life)
15. Crimson Viper (Street Fighter IV) - Focus Attack (same as SFIV)
16. Jedah (Darkstalkers) - Dark Force (Activates flight, limited time usage)
17. Leo (Red Earth)
18. Albert Wesker (Resident Evil) - Phantom Move (teleport, pressing different directions changes where he appears)
19. Frank West (Dead Rising) - Snapshot (camera snap that stuns opponent briefly)

THE WORLD

1. K' (KoF) - Ignite (similar to Ryu's, except it only modifies normals instead of supers/specials, makes next normal have fire FX, extra damage and other properties)
2. Lynn Baker (Rage of the Dragons) - First Impact (from RotD, starts a target combo, which can be canceled into a special or super at any time)
3. Tizoc (Garou: MOTW)
4. Captain America (Marvel) - Cartwheel (like a dodge roll, but he cartwheels, pressing back with the button makes him cartwheel backwards)
5. Solid Snake (MGS) - Stealth Camo (activated stealth camo, goes away if he's hit or 5 seconds pass)
6. Rorschach (Watchmen/DC)
7. Jin Kazama (Tekken) - Power Stance (next attack does 40% more damage as well as slightly longer hitstun)
8. Blaze (Streets of Rage) - Embukyaku (one of her special attacks from SoR, lots of invincibility and priority like Haggar's Lariat)
9. CM Punk (WWE) - Evasive Roll (forward and backwards)
10. Squall Leonhart (FFVIII)
11. Goku (Dragon Ball Z) - Power Charge (hold button to build super meter)
12. Sub-Zero (Mortal Kombat) - Cold Palms (charging attack that is unblockable at full charge)
13. Det. Garret Laurel (SHADEs of Manhattan 2) - Reload (reloads Judge, hold forward during to load shotgun rounds, hold back to load new explosive rounds)
14. Scorpion (Mortal Kombat)
15. Koopa Troopa (Super Mario Bros.) -
16. Gambit (X-Men) - Charge Card (charges a card and drops it, explodes if touched, like a mine, credit to Iced for the idea)
17. Sonic the Hedgehog (Sonic the Hedgehog)
18. Axel Stone (Streets of Rage)
19. Terry Bogard (Fatal Fury) - Sidestep (quick dodge, like some KoF games, last few frames can be cancelled with a counter attack)

SUB BOSS

1. ???

FINAL BOSS

2.???

Give me your suggestions and ideas, I appreciate them.

Download Last Bout now!
Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 08:13:46 am by Sean Altly
Re: Unique Tactic - Ideas and Suggestions
#2  September 29, 2011, 10:47:00 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
I am somewhat worried as to how Alex is going to translate to your game.  In SF3 the stun system was an EXTREMELY beneficial part of his gameplay.  In TVC he got a gameplay rehaul of sorts to make up for the lack of stun system.

So before I suggest something for Alex I'd like to know if you are going to have him similar to either his SF3 incarnation or TVC?
#3  September 29, 2011, 11:12:05 pm
  • Standby for Slumber
    • USA
Foe Leo, I automatically thought of him switching weapons.
Megaman could have the little red guy give him the power ups and such.

And maybe give Lynn Baker her First Impact from RotD?

I dunno if you already considered these, just putting out.
#4  September 29, 2011, 11:17:49 pm
  • "Draw Pilgrim" or something.
    • USA
Albert Wesker's teleport?
Maybe a Kaze No Ken for Ryu?
#5  September 29, 2011, 11:24:41 pm
CAPCOM

1. Ryu (SF) - The Donkey Kick (While I know it's normally HCF + K, I can't see any other attack being a UT except possibly Solarplexus.)

2. Ken (SF) - His unique kicks from Super Turbo, or you can use SF3's st. MK -> F + MK (It's a standing kick that leads into another overhead kick.)

3. Alex (SF3) - Universal Overhead

4. Charlie (SFA) - Alpha Counter (If you press UT after blocking he counters.)

5. Chun Li (SF2) - Focus Attack

6. Mr. X (Resident Evil 2) - Shoulder Smash (powerful knockdown attack, like a Blowback)

7. Jill Valentine (Resident Evil) - Idk. A special zombie maybe?

8. Hinata (Rival Schools) - Tardy Counter (Just like Alpha Counter)

9. Morrigan (Darkstalkers) - Clearly the Dark Force would be too much, so I'm thinking make her UT the fly dash she does, would be a change of pace having a utility UT rather than an attack UT.

10. Strider Hiryu (Strider) - Formation B (That's the thing where there's only 1 Ouroboros machine right? I think that's it.)

11. Megaman (Megaman) - Mega Buster (Whichever.)

12. M. Bison/Vega (SF2) - Teleport (Do motions before using UT to determine which and not QCF or anything, just left or right.)

13. Jin Saotome (Cyberbots) - Bulk Up (This is my first custom UT. I figure he can't have his comeback super armor mode like in the MvC series, so with Bulk Up, if you press UT it plays an animation and then is granted one super armor after performing it. So if he was to finish the Bulk Up animation, the opponent has to hit him once to disable his super armor.)

14. Arthur (Ghosts 'n Goblins) - Spammable projectile (Doesn't matter which, just map an important projectile to this button.)

15. ???

16. ???

17. ???

18. Jedah (Darkstalkers) - Flight (The very same properties as his Vampire Savior iteration.)

19. Leo (Red Earth) - Weapon Change (He pulls out a weapon and it changes the properties of his moves, in Red Earth fashion.)

20. Albert Wesker (Resident Evil) - Depends on the Wesker that's being made. If pre-RE5 then a RE3 style dodge, if RE5 then teleport.

21. Frank West (Dead Rising) - Camera (He takes a photo of the opponent, it has a long startup but the flash is a full screen attack, if not blocked, the opponent is stunned.)

THE WORLD

1. Terry Bogard (Fatal Fury) - Just Defend (Idk how you would be able to balance it though.)

2. K' (KoF) - You said he'd have a KoF super meter charge.

3. Lynn Baker (Rage of the Dragons) - I don't know anything about her.

4. Tizoc (Garou: MOTW) - Command Grab (Can be just one of his normal grabs from Garou.)

5. Captain America (Marvel) - Dodge Roll (Like in MvC3, he does have a dodge roll in there right?)

6. Solid Snake (MGS) - Claymore (I think it's better here than as a D, D + P motion.)

7. Rorschach (Watchmen/DC) - Draw Gun (It can be used as it already is, but if you press UT you can use it for feints, or to figure out what you want to do before you do it.)

8. Jin Kazama (Tekken) - Dodge/Sidestep (like in the early KoF games)

9. Blaze (Streets of Rage) - IDK bout him.

10. CM Punk (WWE) - Evasive Roll (forward and backwards)

11. Squall Leonhart (FFVIII) - IDK really he doesn't have anything that can be mapped to UT, maybe a spell?

12. Goku (Dragon Ball Z) - Power Up (Obv.)

13. Sub-Zero (Mortal Kombat) - Cold Palms (charging attack that is unblockable at full charge)

14. Dr. Doom (Marvel) - Flight (MvC2 style flight.)

15. Det. Garret Laurel (SHADEs of Manhattan 2) - Pistol

16. Scorpion (Mortal Kombat) - Inferno (That ground fire move)

17. Koopa Troopa (Super Mario Bros.) - It hides in it's shell, and you can press left or right to make it spin toward the opponent, but it would have to be slow I guess.

18. Gambit (X-Men) - Uhhh...idk.

19. Sonic the Hedgehog (Sonic the Hedgehog) - Spin Dash (Would work like the Koopa Troopa UT, but you have more options. Down would just return Sonic to his normal mode, left brings him to the left, right brings him to the right, up makes him do a Spin jump, where you could do a Homing Attack. Idk I'm just tossing shit around.)

20. Axel Stone (Streets of Rage) - Idk about him either.

21. Blue Streak (Diepod Original) - Depends on Blue Streak's moveset. It should be up to Diepod what his UT would be.

SUB BOSS

1. ???

FINAL BOSS

2. Asura (Rugal/Akuma Fusion)
- Super meter charge possibly?
Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 11:29:46 pm by Cazaki
#6  September 29, 2011, 11:40:56 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
"9. Blaze (Streets of Rage) - IDK bout him."

She could probably use her spinning type move from SoR2 and 3, at the cost of health

"20. Axel Stone (Streets of Rage) - Idk about him either."
Same case as Blaze, maybe that series of supers from SoR3. Hold down the sixth button and input some directional buttons...actually this could have worked well for Sabin if he was in the game.
11. Megaman (Megaman) - Mega Buster (Whichever.)
Weapon Change maybe.
#7  September 29, 2011, 11:45:28 pm
Lol I tried to say "Weapon Change/Mega Buster (Whichever)" , but I guess I forgot to write the Weapon Change part lol.
#8  September 29, 2011, 11:47:04 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
Yeah I knew you had something along those lines lol.
Yeah that is a good idea dude. Switch from Buster shots to maybe a series of weapons from MM games. Maybe about 3 I guess.
#9  September 29, 2011, 11:59:53 pm
  • Your Channel 6 News Anchor is in another Castle!
    • dcat.mugen-infantry.net/
Sonic The Hedgehog Move suggestions

For basic Attacks:
Spin Dash From Sonic 2
-If you coded his Spin Dash using the classic input (Hold down, press an attack button to rev up then release), I'd love you forever dude. Serious nostalgia points for that one. I helped BowserKoopa code a spin dash in his Tails character a while back that you could use as a bit of reference and undoubtedly improve upon. If I remember correctly I coded it so that you'll stay revved unless you release the crouch direction, multiple button presses/revs increase distance & damage of the released hit, staying revved will always hit the opponent if they touch you and if their CLSN don't out-prioritize your state, like in the old Sonic game. I believe I also coded this move as a knockdown so I guess it's a flashier, more delayed trip attack. Having classic input for a spin dash would be preferred over fireball motions IMO and set the character apart. Don't forget to include the plume of dust and debris graphic that stays attached to Sonic until you release the move.

-Sliding Kick Somersault from Sonic Adventure 2 & Sonic Advance: info

-Aerial Insta Shield
from Sonic 3 & Sonic & Knuckles: info
In Sonic 3, if you'd press a jump/attack button after your initial jump Sonic would spin and flash a white barrier around himself that inflicts damage on nearby opponents.
This could be a great homage to the classic series, I'm picturing it as a single button press, normal air attack move. Specifically it could be the second hit in his Air combo string. Would look great in a string of air normals following an aerial punch or kick.

Bounce Attack modified from Sonic 3 & Sonic Adventure 2
-An idea for an air knockdown/air combo finisher could be Sonic's bounce attack where he pounds the opponent to the ground in his ball form. Ideally this could work a bit like SF3 Alex's Knee special where it puts the opponent into a custom state and Sonic is bound to the opponent until they  land on the ground where he then flips back and off of them into his own landing state.

EDIT: Just read first post, whoops. I thought this topic was for general move discussions...my bad. :D
Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 12:03:53 am by Dcat
#10  September 30, 2011, 12:04:45 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
Scorpion Idea 1) he engulfs himself in hellfire for a brief amount of time and whoever touches him gets burned and knocked backward. Scorpion Idea 2) a special teleport..same as his MKvsDC teleport..he goes to punch player 2 in the midsection and if he connects successfully he telports behind player 2 and does a special uppercut . Wesker Idea ) similar to Rugal he does a taunt and then rushes up to player 2. if successfull he slams them down and kicks them away  while laughing.
#11  September 30, 2011, 12:30:26 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
imma gonna treat this as a sort of dark force.
CAPCOM

1. Ryu (SF) -karmic shift, his next move becomes "evil" with red effects
2. Ken (SF)- the life- if his next move hits, it has added damage, slowtime and camera noises, maybe a spotlight shines on him
3. Alex (SF3)-he could parry stuff with that button
4. Charlie (SFA)- "shadow" run, he could dash and go through stuff with it, but be limited to just be able to use it every x seconds.
5. Chun Li (SF2)- couch throw
7. Jill Valentine (Resident Evil)-herb use
8. Hinata (Rival Schools)- her photography super ( her helper attack) could come in that button and be assigned like in rival schools.
9. Morrigan (Darkstalkers)-Counter move where if hit during it, she releases her "clothes" sortof of like a luminous illusion from lilith.
10. Strider Hiryu (Strider)- his satellite super could be moved to that button.
11. Megaman (Megaman)
12. M. Bison/Vega (SF2)-Aura flare, he could gain some energy buffs for the next moves
13. Jin Saotome (Cyberbots)- blodia finger , blodia could come from above with an extended finger and try to pin the opponent.
14. Arthur (Ghosts 'n Goblins) - red arremer swipe, he could jump and let it miss
15. ???
16. ???
17. ???
18. Jedah (Darkstalkers) - his original dark force yeah, santu ario
19. Leo (Red Earth)- sword shift, during the next few seconds he uses this alternate sword with different energy properties
20. Albert Wesker (Resident Evil)- sunglass throw, if the sunglasses touch the enemy he can teleport into their face and kick them out.
21. Frank West (Dead Rising)- snapshot, he takes a shot stunning the opponent for a second ( and making a polaroid appear)

THE WORLD

1. Terry Bogard (Fatal Fury) -wolf mode, with wolf effects added to the next moves he does ( and talbain sound fx )
2. K' (KoF) -a mode where he zips up his jacket and looks less weird. Okay okay, how about a mode where his red fist becomes on fire consistently and his normals have a firetrail
3. Lynn Baker (Rage of the Dragons)-the target combo from the game
4. Tizoc (Garou: MOTW)-Performance, a dashing throw, if he connects  spotlight and microphone appears as he taunts the opponent before crashing them down.
5. Captain America (Marvel) -Shield expert, by pressing it and a direction he throws the shield so that it reflects on the wall( or ceiling, or floor) in that direction and after that auto targets the opponent and comes back to his hand.
6. Solid Snake (MGS)-roll dive escape, if done during a hit, he can jump back with the impact and roll to safety.
7. Rorschach (Watchmen/DC)- Beatdown, if the opponent is grounded, he can pull off a pipe and beat the shit out of them for added damage.
8. Jin Kazama (Tekken) - Dodge/Sidestep (like in the early KoF games)
9. Blaze (Streets of Rage)- A small square on the corner of the screen shows a cop car screeching to an halt, a hail of bullets hit the screen after, can only be done once per fight.
10. CM Punk (WWE) - Evasive Roll (forward and backwards)
11. Squall Leonhart (FFVIII) - Draw, he could draw different types of magic from a opponent, hit it again for release.
12. Goku (Dragon Ball Z) - If you were able to draw his ssj hair, he could turn super sayan, if not, well he could have his energy charge ( or give me your power charge) in there.
13. Sub-Zero (Mortal Kombat) - Cold Palms (charging attack that is unblockable at full charge)
14. Dr. Doom (Marvel)- he could summon a doom bot for explosive damage, it could resit a couple attacks, or even have doom dividing into two , but not being clear which one is the real.
15. Det. Garret Laurel (SHADEs of Manhattan 2) - he could flash a light on the opponent eyes for stunning them.
16. Scorpion (Mortal Kombat)- directional spear attack, instead of being aimed at the opponent it grabs the ceiling wall or floor and puls scorpion towards the direction
17. Koopa Troopa (Super Mario Bros.) -Lakitu drops by and throws a spiney.
18. Gambit (X-Men) - charge a card and drop it, if stepped on, it explodes.
19. Sonic the Hedgehog (Sonic the Hedgehog) - A monitor drops with one of several effects.
20. Axel Stone (Streets of Rage)- same as blaze, just a different gun, maybe the mortar shot
21. Blue Streak (Diepod Original) - electrocution hold

SUB BOSS

1. ???

FINAL BOSS

2. Asura (Rugal/Akuma Fusion)- vice and mature drop from above and accompany him one by each side, attacking with him for a short period of time.
#12  September 30, 2011, 12:48:00 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
Giving some thought.  UT for Capcom's side.

~Ryu - Charged special moves, working in the same manner as SFxT.

~Ken - Special moves performed with the UT button gives him MvC2/XvsSF properties.  Let's say, he used Tatsumaki.  UT input, it becomes MvC2-like.

~Alex - Depends on the version you're aiming.  SF3 style overhead but leading to a combo afterwards.  A special move with UT+attck input gives him access to parrying for a short while.  Super move last very long.

~Charlie - Alternative EX function if the input for special moves is UT+basic attack.  He could be the only character with 2 EX of the same move.

~Chun-Li - SF4 Style Focus Attack working similar to MvC3-Viper or just leave it by default.

~Jill Valentine - Healing herb, can be done up to 5 times.  Out of Capcom's side, I really don't have much ideas for this once.

~Hinata - 5th attack button so she can extend her combos/aerial raves.  Supers done with UT in an input gives her RS-style Team-Ups with Batsu/Kyosuke/Ran Hibiki/Sakura.  Choice depends.

~Morrigan - Dark Force activation.

~Strider Hiryu - His Excalibur is mapped to this button and can be used freely depending on the direction.

~Megaman - Mega-Buster move.  A Super done with this input gives him a stat boost.

~Dictator - UT allows him to shift his special moves with different proprieties.  Psycho Crusher becomes Psycho Orb after pressing UT.

~Jin Saotome - Special Attacks done with UT does more damage but saps a bit of his health.

~Arthur - All projectile based moves can only be done with UT, motions and stuff.

~Jedah - Attacks done with UT drains health from the opponent.

~Leo - Weapon change, pretty much what was said before.

~Albert Wesker - This is going to sound complicated.  My idea is having a one-button combo system with UT only.  After UT, he gains access to extended moves with UT like F-UT continues combos, U-UT is an overhead and jump cancelled, D-UT is a crouching move, and B-UT cancels the entire process to normal stance.  You can rave it for up to 5 hits and even add special moves to the mix.

~Frank West - Close range snapshot, stun added if hit connects.
Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 02:15:18 am by Kirishima
#13  September 30, 2011, 01:02:51 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
Having Scorpion pull himself towards anything would be more like Mavado and not himself.
#14  September 30, 2011, 02:42:31 am
  • "Draw Pilgrim" or something.
    • USA
#15  September 30, 2011, 02:52:20 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.
"The World's" side for UT.

~Terry Bogard -  A separate gauge is added.  Holding UT charged up that gauge and allows for Terry's custom Supers, at the cost of a meter in the regular gauge.  When Terry is at critical health, Super Motions done with UT+Attack does not consume meter, similar to S-Groove's style, pretty much the same.

~K' - KoF-style power stock.  Self-explanatory.

~Lynn Baker - Same input as in RotD, except after it hits, Lynn will be close to the opponent instead of running and the moving staggering in slowness.  Can be used in the air to extend aerial combos.  Super UT allows extending combos.

~Tizoc - Counter move.  Different properties when standing or crouching.  Can be done in air.

~Captain America - MvC3 style cartwheel.

~Solid Snake - Tosses grenades.  After usage, it stays for a few seconds until it explodes.  Can be done in air.  When at critical health, he tosses more grenades.

~Rorschach - Ryoko Asakura appears from nowhere to cheer Dashing tackle with Super Armor. Knocks the opponent and can be followed up with a combo.

~Blaze - UT input is a Speed increase for a short while after pressing it.  At critical health, the length for the speed boost is increased along with a power boost.

~Squall Leonhart - Firaga.  It's a straight dash that covers both directions, but leaves himself open after use for a short while.

~Goku - Holding UT increases energy (only if Goku's Ki and special moves consume meter as part of his gameplay).

~Doctor Doom - UT gives him flight mode.

~Garret Laurel - Pistol move, also for recharging.  Special moves done with UT+Attack are for pistol related moves.

~Scorpion - If Charlie is the only Capcom character with 2 EX-function of the same move, so can Scorpion.  Same thing as Charlie with having different versions of EX-moves with done with UT.  If Scorpion has 2 stocks of meter, he has the ability to do a MK9-style counter with UT at the cost of it, except it does minor damage to the opponent.

~Koopa Troopa -  Withdraws into his shell to knockback the opponent after pressing UT.  Really small hitbox and can also be done on air.

~Gambit - I really have not much to say, just like Jill.  UT could have him do a strong attack that if done as a counter hit, he can follow up with a combo.  If done with a regular hit, regular stuff but the damage is moderately high.

~Axel Stone - UT is a Spiral punch at the cost of little health.  Heavy Damage.

~Bluestreak - Diepod's choice.
#16  September 30, 2011, 08:14:31 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
There are some good ideas here, but I think a lot of the stuff you guys are suggesting is stuff that would need limitations or a meter or something like that. I'm not sure if I want to go that far into it. Stuff like the Universal Overhead for Alex is what I was thinking of, maybe flight activation for Morrigan or Dr. Doom and that target combo thing from RotD for Lynn (all of which have been suggested). The UT button also wouldn't be usable with special moves because it's being used with Supers, so using the UT button to enhance specials isn't going to work.

If I added a meter system, it would probably be a meter that is always regenerating slowly, and different characters' UT uses up different amounts of meter (like CM Punk's roll would use a small amount, like 1/8th or 1/6th, but a big thing like Karmic Shift or some kind of enhancement/transformation would use more like 1/2 or maybe all of the bar).

Download Last Bout now!
Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 08:18:23 am by Sean CenAltly
#17  September 30, 2011, 04:54:14 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
Actually that sounds pretty good..
#18  September 30, 2011, 08:35:21 pm
Sounds complicated.
#19  September 30, 2011, 09:36:37 pm
  • Bringing her back
    • USA
    • hiivolt-07.deviantart.com/
Bluestreak's UT would be "The Goddamn," or his "Violent Outburst."
Spriting is hard.
#20  June 21, 2012, 01:31:03 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Updated the first post with Unique Tactics that have been decided upon. I used some of your guys' ideas, so thanks for helping out. Let me know what you think.

Download Last Bout now!