YesNoOk

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Read 872322 times)

Started by Jesuszilla, September 29, 2011, 10:17:18 pm
Share this topic:
Re: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
#61  October 09, 2011, 01:15:17 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Ex: King Crimson get kicked in the nuts, he can just erased the time when he get kicked and escape the horrible fate of nuts-buster.

That's easy mode.
I mean, the scanlation group had to add a whole new page to explain how does his ability work (Like, if he gets shot what happens to the bullet if he erases the time frame when he received the bullet)

Btw, does anyone know WHY Bucciaratti is still alive after being punched through chest by King Crimson? And can maintain the "zombie" state of his body throughout the series by his own sheer will?

I know Gold Experience healing technique is awesome, but i don't recalled it can bring the dead back.
Supposedly it has to do with the first punch Bucciaratti received from Golden Experience (You know, after the "taste of a liar" scene.)
#62  October 10, 2011, 01:27:52 am
I take it he doesn't erase what already happened, I guess something like splitting the same time frame into one for each object, or him jumping to a moment the bullet is past him or making the world jump for him or something

and did araki ever talk about how his alternate worlds work? because it defeats the pupose of everything if it's the kind where all possibilties happened, I'm afraid it's probably this one especially after seeing stone ocean's ending, and it's leaving a bad taste and making me read sbr on and off
"I’m never gonna grab anything by its balls, especially life. especially if life shows up in the incarnation where it would have testicles. if life showed up and had balls, the last thing I would do is grab those balls" - kyle kinane
#63  October 10, 2011, 01:57:25 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Jojolion chapter 4 was awesome even thought that naked girl is awkward.
So finally get a good look at "Kira"'s stand http://jjba.wikia.com/wiki/Soft_%26_Wet
And I was right about his ability; Anyways, this chapter is trying to imply that "Kira" might not be Kira, so...
Yeah, it's finally picking up towards the cool stuff. We're gonna be seeing the first asskicking soon, in addition to the return of the good ol' stands.
#64  October 10, 2011, 02:07:23 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
I don't know if the parallel worlds got explained at the end of SBR, but I know they were an important part of the plot, so...
Anyways:
Time Skip: King Crimson has the power to cause a time skip, where everything except itself and Diavolo is suddenly changed to be in the state they would have been a short time later (usually 3-10 seconds later). Time still flows normally for Diavolo, who can interact with the time-skipped objects for the amount of time that would have normally intervened (to Diavolo this appears in the form of the would-have-been intervening objects' states being superimposed on each other, in a fashion akin to Nude Descending a Staircase). The nature of the time skip is such that, for example, a bullet that would have hit Diavolo will suddenly be shifted to be on his other side as where it would be seconds later.
http://images.wikia.com/vsbattles/images/6/68/JJBA_King_Crimson_stats.jpg

So it's like time stop kinda sorta but not really. Great.

#65  October 10, 2011, 02:25:55 am
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
Definitely going to be following Jojolion from here on out. I have no idea how Araki can make the weirdest stand powers so damn useful.
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> because you messed up?
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> well that's a fucking shame
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> pick up your sucks

I don't provide old versions of my characters once they're updated. Please don't ask me for them.
#66  October 11, 2011, 02:00:34 pm
  • AWWW YEAAA!!!
    • usetheforcehan.deviantart.com
and did araki ever talk about how his alternate worlds work? because it defeats the pupose of everything if it's the kind where all possibilties happened, I'm afraid it's probably this one especially after seeing stone ocean's ending, and it's leaving a bad taste and making me read sbr on and off
My understanding about Stone Ocean's ending is, the death of Father Pucci create some kind of reboot to the whole JoJo universe. Everything that happen in all of the JoJo series is voided/nulled... aka never happened. The whole story about Joestar family, Dio family, and other previously stand users, is reconstructed into SBR. Where Jonathan is from America as opposed from British.

The ending in Stone Ocean where Emporio met Jolyne is perhaps a hundred years later from SBR. And the new JoJolion series is a couple years after the Stone Ocean ending.
#67  October 12, 2011, 12:22:23 am
  • There is a demente in everyone!
    • www.dementi.it
So I can assume Jojo isn't pubblished in any of your countryes?

I am happy : here in Italy we had Jojo in comics shop since1996 (IIRC).

Was love at first sight... First 2 series were good, third was IMO the best, I loved the 4th with Josuke and Morio, fifth was ok, hated the sixt for the invisible zombies and the stupid ending.

Now we are at the climax of SBR, we are missing just the last 2 books of it. I liked it, was cool : nice art, nice story and chars, I hope Araki dosen't screw at the end.

Also : have you ever read "Under execution, Under jailbreak" and "The lives of eccentrics" ? I really loved these 2 books!

#68  October 12, 2011, 06:06:03 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
#69  October 12, 2011, 11:23:14 am
  • There is a demente in everyone!
    • www.dementi.it
Censored?? That sux! How was it censored???

#70  October 12, 2011, 03:37:43 pm
  • Mach Punch Zoning Arm
    • USA
    • Skype - Zero-Sennin
    • tinyurl.com/zstrinmu
Lots of name changes, to avoid the music references.

Mariah -> Mahrahia
Devo -> D'bo
Boingo -> Voing
Enya -> N-Yah
Rubber Soul -> Robber Soul

etc.

I also believe that the American translation just stopped at a certain volume, though since I don't buy manga anymore I might be mistaken.
Youtube 
Twitter
Ask.fm
Zero-Sennin's Workshop
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> because you messed up?
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> well that's a fucking shame
[22:18] <Ebil_Homer> pick up your sucks

I don't provide old versions of my characters once they're updated. Please don't ask me for them.
#71  October 12, 2011, 05:01:13 pm
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
    • Skype - do.not.even.ask
    • randomselect.piiym.net/
Kenny G: Most fearsome Jojo villain or best Jojo villain ever?
#72  October 12, 2011, 05:07:32 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Just thought of something a second ago...don't you think it's weird that Hol Horse has no SBR counterpart?
#73  October 12, 2011, 05:11:06 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
no
#74  October 13, 2011, 03:50:16 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Censored?? That sux! How was it censored???
Animal violence and some random scenes were censored... Araki drew the new censored panels though.
I also believe that the American translation just stopped at a certain volume, though since I don't buy manga anymore I might be mistaken.
You are mistaken, they released all 16 volumes.

Kenny G: Most fearsome Jojo villain or best Jojo villain ever?
Seriusly.
He could've defeated DIO.

Just thought of something a second ago...don't you think it's weird that Hol Horse has no SBR counterpart?
Supposedly, it's Mountain Tim... then again, that might be a stupid fan-rumor.
#75  October 13, 2011, 05:21:41 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
Wasn't Araki so disgusted with the censorship that we don't have official translations of the other parts?
#76  October 13, 2011, 10:32:49 am
  • i'm a gay trans lady
  • to hell with this site, find me at mffa or w/e
    • USA
    • Skype - MelvanaInChains
    • www.melv.thedailypos.org/
something like that. i know that was the reason the part 1 / 5 games weren't translated

because after you have one of your characters renamed to 'S'TERRY DAN', i imagine you start losing patience
#77  October 13, 2011, 10:55:52 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Except the Vento Aureo game was released before Viz's localization.
And the Phantom Blood game was terrible.
#78  October 14, 2011, 04:18:57 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
I don't get it why the american copyright law is so stupid.
#79  October 14, 2011, 07:46:51 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
I really don't think it's that at all so much as paranoia.
#80  October 14, 2011, 09:39:50 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ