YesNoOk

Nintendo vs. Capcom: Epic Fighting Encounter ("JUS/JSS" style) (Read 43306 times)

Started by CyberWolfBia, October 10, 2011, 11:50:37 pm
Share this topic:
Nintendo vs. Capcom: Epic Fighting Encounter ("JUS/JSS" style)
#1  October 10, 2011, 11:50:37 pm
  • Believe or not, I still visit the forum regularly
    • Brazil
    • https://bsky.app/profile/cyberwolfjv.bsky.social

hello people, how are you?  :D, you probably do not know me  ;P or may have seen fast my topic of sprites in the graphics section here on this forum, well I am here to officiate the opening (at least here) of my project Nintendo Vs. Capcom: Epic Fighting Encounter, a full game project, which I'll try (or we'll try to) follow the pattern of Capcom, leaving the closest possible of his official creations. The sprites come following a small style, one thing on which I base on the game JumpSuperStars/UltimateStars for Nintendo DS, with variations in some characters, but all fitting with the basis of size proportional. well, I come here ask for help, of course, because all help is welcome, recently  I and OIlusionista did a deal, that he'll help me with the programming of Ryu and Mario, but we would need more, more helpers in the project and interested people to complete this idea.
the roster is already full, as well as the stages are also defined, but suggestions are welcome, and changes can be made and criticisms will be accepted:

let's see what I have so far...

The Story:
a typical international tournament was happening, where new fighters entrants appear, as the mighty small plumber Mario, finding the first time the hiker fighter Ryu, and other new challengers like Link and Samus come to the tournament too, but a strange energy is making the worlds of these individuals enter in clash, something electronic beat between lines of dimensions, so that now everything will be possible, like holes from Mushroom Kingdom open in the basis of Shadaloo, the Hyrule Temple is overrun by zombies and Metroids. I wonder what's going on?, This attracted the attention of one Maverick Hunter that come from future for resolve this, and warn their friends about a threat that he have already experienced in your time. and now all will come together to face this digital menace that hinders peace, meanwhile some will continue to fight in the tournament for its own motives.,  That's it you'll see on NinXCap.

The Gameplay:
basically all what we have seen in previous Capcom crossovers, tending to look more like MvC3 and TVC in a matter of sparks and overall appearance of the game. With counters from SFA, and Smash Attack (something like a Focus Attack from SFIV, a charged and heavy attack), 3  Hyper Combos ( varying by 4 in some chars), 2 Throws, Dashs on the grounds and Air Dashs, of inheritance from CVS may remember the roll to the back of the opponent, some SFXs and a few taunts, but the tendency is to leave everything and seemed more frantic as the MVC series including TVC, with air combos and tag-team battle, etc etc.

The Roster:
the picture speaks for itself, but also have below is the list of names of the characters, if you need to know who is who  ;D

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
OBS: The roster will not be modified, but may be updated, with additions (maybe as DLCs after the game is complete), but there will be no substitutions.

The Art:
besides small sprites as characteristic proposed art I also followed a pattern in which I myself will try to take care with portaits based art style from MvC1, that I've been training for some time to improve myself, and for the Artworks; an amazing idea of a friend mine, do the arts with a touch of defragmentation in pixels on the rim, to remember even more the theme of the game that involves his own industry: Video Games, pixel by pixel. (and thus also as Capcom has kept the standard in MVC3: Comics, SFIV: Ink, SFxTk: Water, TvC: anime cell shaded)
the Endings; personal for each character, three slides in manga style, and for the Opening (starts the drums) an animation, real, and in a amazing anime style like TvC, that a friend on DA, is willing to do for me, but calm down, because I need to close the deal officially with him.  ;D

Demos:
an entire marketing project will be done as the official game from Capcom (yes, I want exaggerate, and call attention for this XD), a YouTube channel will be made only for trailers and other videos just to test of WIPs, as well as a mini -blog with information of the characters already "revealed" during the release of the demos. the first I plan to have 8 selectable characters and three stages, the fighters available will limited in the most beautiful old cliché: Ryu, Mario, Morrigan, Pit, Dante, Link, Megaman and Samus.

and what matters, the WIPs

Ryu and Mario, their situation is, sprites currently being done, Mario already has a lot of edits of mine, is my specialty handle sprite in M&L style, but some sprites will still be made ​​to the standards of Capcom (how to die of knees , dizzy, etc.), and Ryu will have all new sprites, and made from scratch, I am already with 17 to 20% of progress, and can see some previews below:

well people, that's it, hope that you liked my idea, and hope too that here we can share our ideas and we can come together to make this project happen  ;). thanks for read ^^.
- CyberWolfJV / TheGuy07 -

"See you next time" - by Super Mario
Video game enthusiast (strong Nintendo bias), collector, furry, Trans Woman, previously in the Reino do Cogumelo website (Super Mario Brasil), currently contributing to the NintendoBoy site; freelance content editor and producer and once known in the pixel art world.
Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 12:14:51 am by CyberWolfJV

MDD

Re: Nintendo vs. Capcom: Epic Confrotation ("JUS/JSS" style)
#2  October 11, 2011, 01:04:40 am
  • OG Pallette Goon
  • Only here for one night let me put it on ya face
Very interesting looking project. I love that you're going all out and making personalized endings AND the animated intro. In terms of stages, are they based them off of already existing ones from each universe or are they original?

Good luck on this project. I'm anxious to see more of this.
#3  October 11, 2011, 01:08:29 am
  • Finally learning how to code mugen. Wish me luck
Im definitely keeping my eyes on this one, but I thought the game would play more like JUS but hey its your game. Good Luck :sugoi:

My none Mugen Project: One Piece Tag Battle
http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=510722
#4  October 11, 2011, 02:25:15 am
Nice! I like this idea....good luck, will stay tuned  :sugoi:

Your sig is too big. Max sig size is 600x200 pixels.
#5  October 11, 2011, 02:29:49 am
    • Brazil
@MD Dean, @Yingyay and @youngfacehov
Thanks a lot of the support ^^, glad you guys liked the project, this is a great first impression for me =). This want to say that I was welcome!
-----
and how I can forget to post the stages list? OMG! XD.
Here goes:

Bomb-Omb Battlefield (Super Mario Bros.)
Hyrule Temple (The Legend of Zelda)
Suzaku Castle - Japan (Street Fighter)
The Devil's Tower (Devil May Cry)
Unknown Planet (Metroid)
Flat Zone (Game & Watch Gallery)
Aensland Castle (Darkstalkers)
Central Highway (Megaman X)
Haunted Mansion (Luigi's Mansion)
Bowser Castle (Super Mario Bros.)
Willamette Parkview Mall (Dead Rising)
Dino Crisis in the town (Dino Crisis)
Green Greens (Kirby)
Pokemon Stadium (Pokemon)
Gouki's Temple (Street Fighter)
Demon Village (Ghosts 'n Goblins)
Champions Arena (Punch-Out!!)
Fox SpaceShip (StarFox)
Cornered in the court (Ace Attorney)
Jungle Hijinx (Donkey Kong)
Ice Mountain (Ice Climbers)
The School's roof (Rival Schools)
Tron's Airbase (Megaman Legends)
Metro City (Final Fight)
Evening Parade (NEW)
Training Stage (NEW)
Center of Infection (NEW)

all stages have the nostalgia of the original, but will be recreated in new perspectives, or simply now being made to a 2D fighting game (such as the case of Bomb-Omb Battlefield)  ;D
Video game enthusiast (strong Nintendo bias), collector, furry, Trans Woman, previously in the Reino do Cogumelo website (Super Mario Brasil), currently contributing to the NintendoBoy site; freelance content editor and producer and once known in the pixel art world.
#6  October 11, 2011, 03:14:24 am
  • Gamer extraordinaire
    • USA
    • Skype - Shadow0X3
OMG I know you. You're the guy with the custom MLSS sprites and the JUS Ryu *cough* on DA. Ok, crappy first line over. I already know this is going to be on my comp, but I have a few nitpicks to do. Why is it that Mario, Luigi, and Wario are MLSS, while Peach (and pretty much everyone else) is JUS? Also, you're Viewtiful Joe (Never played, is that how it's spelled?) and Megaman seem slightly off compared to your other sprites.
Still, love this idea, and wish there was some way I could help, but I can't sprite worth jack. If you ever need coding or something similar done, shoot me a line ;D *Shameless begging of beta testing* XD

EDIT: You should also add in Final Destination from the SSB series because it's a major Nintendo fighter thing. Just dropping ideas here

If you see a Diverien, it's almost definitely me. So say hi :D
#7  October 11, 2011, 03:34:56 am
    • Brazil
@Shadow0X3
yeah, I'm this guy (in fact TheGuy07 LOL XD), well thanks for the tips, but let me explain some things, Mario, Luigi, Wario, Peach, Yoshi, DK,...some guys are not necessarily in style JUS/JSS, I use this term to name the project in some cases (the topic title for example) to explain the size of the characters will have the appearance (in the mostly) and proportion from this game. but this does not mean that all will follow the standard of Jump, only the proportionality between them ^^. about Peach is a edit from M&L BIS (M&L RPG 3). Joe is from SSF2, a friend on Sinhra sent me, saying that I could use, and that he obtained the permission of the creator, but anyway I'll talk to him, and I can not use, I will do my own same =).

and if you want, of course, that you join team ^^, I'll need help with programming yes, and any help is welcome, and can also be one of the beta testers XD.
and Final Destination dont officially entered in the game because I thought of it as something very specific from SmashBros. but it will have its reference in the Final Boss Stage, and maybe the own stage as DLC  :).
#8  October 11, 2011, 03:46:27 am
  • Gamer extraordinaire
    • USA
    • Skype - Shadow0X3
Yay for beta testerness and stuff. DLC, hmm, never really considered that as something that could be used outside of Xbox and PS3, but it sounds like an awesome idea.
DLC char idea: Since Sonic and Shadow are in some Nintendo games, do they count as Nintendo chars, or are they still under SEGA's control? If so, I'd love to make them into DLC characters. I've even made my own Sonic and Shadow's with the Battle sprites, so it won't be difficult ;D
Also, would something like http://www.spriters-resource.com/custom_edited/mario/sheet/17972 work for a Bowser stage or DLC stage?

#9  October 11, 2011, 03:54:45 am
  • You deserve respect and justice, so we demand it!
    • USA
Nintendo VS Capcom...

This sounds interesting, I would really love to see the finishing product.
Best of luck on this one.  :2thumbsup:
YouTube | Google

Spoiler: You want to know what really pisses me off? (click to see content)
#10  October 11, 2011, 03:56:41 am
    • USA
I remember seeing a topic like this in the past. what I suggest best is that you make the Nintendo sprites a little bit more consistent with the Capcom sprites.
#11  October 11, 2011, 05:18:23 am
  • Gamer extraordinaire
    • USA
    • Skype - Shadow0X3
This is something that just occurred to me, but will Ike, Link, Pit, Meta Knight, and Strider Hiryu have side separation to accommodate for their weapons? So they don't switch weapon hands every time they turn

#12  October 11, 2011, 07:07:12 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
Nice to see yer still workin on yer project.
#13  October 11, 2011, 03:43:43 pm
  • MESSATSU!!
    • Brazil
    • www.facebook.com/svculisan
 already born epic, very good!! :sugoi:
#14  October 11, 2011, 04:25:48 pm
  • I'm a empty vessel seeking to be filled.
    • USA
I just have one problem with this. The sprite style is all over the place. If you are going to put in the time please try and keep the sprites style the same for all characters or else its just going to look like a fail randomize mugen game. Ill be checking in to see more soon I hope. I know spriting isnt easy especially low res sprites.
#15  October 11, 2011, 04:29:11 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Just one question.

Why Nouhime?  Of all the Sengoku Basara characters, I would have expected Masamune or Yukimura. 

hum

#16  October 11, 2011, 11:21:56 pm
I think Akuma needs to seem more strong. Very cool project.
#17  October 11, 2011, 11:35:44 pm
  • ✯Uh...✯
    • USA
    • http://dnicknbd.wix.com/lostintranslation
Nice! I'm glad you've finally really started your project. There are some great ideas here.

Trying to make a comeback
#18  October 13, 2011, 04:50:56 am
    • Brazil
@Shadow0X3,
Well, Sonic was an idea that went through my head yes, after all he is in SSBB, but I didnt put he exactly by the fact of not being Nintendo, and Bowser dont need a DLC stage, he already has a in the original roster ^^'.
and on your question about the weapons of the swordsmen and archers, and I want to adapt them to the style of Capcom's fighting game, keeping your personal characteristics, and of course the personality of blows from SmashBros. if I can do something for MUGEN, without forcing the limitation of the program (lol) which makes the gameplay remind the maximum of the original Smash series (either changing weapons, or transformations as Kirby), I will. =).

@Duo Solo,
you mean about all in JUS/JSS style?, like I said I'm not really keeping a default style of sprite for the game, only the size ratio for all the sprites M&L for example fit nicely with the JUS sprites, and Sonic Advance. but they all will move as the standards sprites of Capcom and of own NinXCap (like specific things that I walked to thinking, as to taking some blows and damage).

@Raggie,, @Zombie Sagat, @Ulisan, and @Banxman3,
Thanks friends ^^

@F. James Fernandez,
maybe you're right, the lack of agreement between the styles of sprites can to make the overall appearance of the game make a not very good impression, but I'll try compensate it, anyway, at least they are all proportional. and even Capcom has done something like this in CVS, using SFA and Darkstalkers sprites resized along with the newly created sprites for the game, and it did not alter the quality of the game, if I am really going by the wrong way with this way to use the sprites, never is be late to make some substitutions, after all I've have all the lifetime. XD XD. but thanks for the critique ^^.

@The Notorious MC2
I was just needing a woman villain to the roster, and someone suggested to me Nouhime on Sinrha foruns  :).

@hum
Thanks aaaand you're right, I'll change this beta as Chun-Li soon =D.

thanks all for the comments, I'll post some progress with Ryu here, soon, I'm doing the basics attacks sprites ^-^
Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 10:59:37 pm by CyberWolfJV
#19  October 13, 2011, 06:28:39 am
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
So you decided to open a public topic, cool.
This project has a great potential.

And its cool to see some friends here too.
we will speak again soon...I hope.

[]s
#20  October 13, 2011, 07:40:31 am
  • Game cards do not actually talk
    • New Zealand
    • Skype - lunchpolice
    • www.youtube.com/user/Quackbillion
Looks like a cool project, I'll be watching it.

But please edit that Pit sprite. I've always hated it and I see it everywhere!
Formerly LunchPolice aka Quack