Rogue (Read 47164 times)

Started by abls1, October 23, 2011, 02:08:17 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Rogue
#21  October 23, 2011, 10:10:07 pm
  • For honor!
Well, its a small step.
To simplify without the personal crap
Oh so the poor large portrait choice is personal but the bad stance and animations aren't? The stolen powers being halfassed in every regard including coding and design is personal?

Keep in mind, feedback isn't used to anger the creator, but rather to help improve a character. Vague answers, that don't explain what must be done, can't possibly help.
If you find me offensive then you are really sensitive. I'm being honest, if not a little generous to even give this character my time despite its origins. I don't want to know what you would do If I chose to be cruel...

MvC always seemed very mash friendly to me, so could you elaborate
Do you play Marvel vs Capcom games on easy/simple control settings, or do you go by what you know from MUGEN conversions that are very likely to be poorly made as well? The Marvel vs Capcom games are nowhere near this mashy and sloppy feeling in general.

-"Badly Guessed" velocities (undescibed, so not very helpful)
Every. Single. Velocity.

What 'doesn't work' in the stance?.
Just freaking look at it and try to tell me that it works for Rogue.
Iroha stripped for me
Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 10:17:24 pm by Alpa-San
#22  October 23, 2011, 10:39:31 pm
  • Q
Well, its a small step.
To simplify without the personal crap
Oh so the poor large portrait choice is personal but the bad stance and animations aren't? The stolen powers being halfassed in every regard including coding and design is personal?

Keep in mind, feedback isn't used to anger the creator, but rather to help improve a character. Vague answers, that don't explain what must be done, can't possibly help.
If you find me offensive then you are really sensitive. I'm being honest, if not a little generous to even give this character my time despite its origins. I don't want to know what you would do If I chose to be cruel...

MvC always seemed very mash friendly to me, so could you elaborate
Do you play Marvel vs Capcom games on easy/simple control settings, or do you go by what you know from MUGEN conversions that are very likely to be poorly made as well? The Marvel vs Capcom games are nowhere near this mashy and sloppy feeling in general.

-"Badly Guessed" velocities (undescibed, so not very helpful)
Every. Single. Velocity.

What 'doesn't work' in the stance?.
Just freaking look at it and try to tell me that it works for Rogue.

I left out the stolen powers (which could be detailed a bit), bit but the others yes. I wasn't sure if you meant the stance was poorly sprited (which would be an error of sorts) or if you just didn't like it. Animation is clearly an error if it is badly done (as in too few frames, or the action happens too quickly, not preference). (just because I put it, doesn't mean I agree)

I don't really care if you are offensive. Its just that the criticism isn't very helpful.

I played MvC1, regular settings, normall on high speed. They are fairly mash friendl, especially when you compare to games like SF.

Ok. Every velocity. But you don't say "The MK velocity is too high, set it to X" you just say "All the velocities suck"

I think Rogue, being a tough type of character, may stand up straight, try to give off an air of 'strong', rather than a lower, wider stance that most Capcom females tend to have. If that is what you don't like then its personal.
#23  October 24, 2011, 12:27:01 am
  • For honor!
Not helpful when I freaking said that everything about it felt off and even went as far as to advise looking at the actual game's data to make this thing not feel so sloppy? You claim to play MVC games but you don't find this Rogue to be way too masher friendly by even original game standards? When I say all velocities suck I mean it. Nothing about this Rogue feels righ-you know what I shouldn't even bother with you when it's clear that you have problems with overall comprehension.
Iroha stripped for me
#24  October 24, 2011, 01:11:59 am
  • Q
But how can Acey use any of that vague stuff to improve the character? I get it; you find everything has some mystical 'off-ness' to it.

If you intend on criticism make it that which can be built on. But you know what?

I shouldn't even bother with you when it's clear that you have problems with overall comprehension.
#25  October 24, 2011, 01:23:08 am
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
So you're talking for Acey?

But are there truly grown men in this world?!
#26  October 24, 2011, 01:48:05 am
  • Q
In a way. Don't take any of my stuff as something Acey would say. But, I don't like the incessant bashing of IMT's creations, especially when it is vague and devoid of meaning.
I was trying to get people who normally respond to threads here to give real C+C, but so far no luck.

Closer than I thought though.
#27  October 24, 2011, 01:51:07 am
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
Hey SanjiSasuke, I suggest you to drop the White Knight act. Arpa posted his feedback, and now the only thing I see is that you're trying to make it less valid. Stop, seriously. Also, Arpa never mentioned anything about this being from IMT, so that won't work to "defend" the creator/creation.
Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 01:54:16 am by Nanashi_1337
#28  October 24, 2011, 02:09:36 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
probably the list of stuff that has a bad feeling velocity wise is too long to be worth typig, care typing which stuff has got good velocities?
#29  October 24, 2011, 02:10:59 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
No, he's right, the vels are off.

Few things

Vs jumps actually have an X friction, they start at one velocity and decrease.
They also have quite high gravity and do not float as much as this (that's without holding up)
Super jumps. You can never start at full forwards velocity except from a launcher, you must always accelerate to that value (and it's 4) and once you release you will begin slowing down until you reach 2.
Backwards jumps except off a launcher must wait at least 8 ticks before you start moving backwards.
As we have clsn's available now, even if you don't plan to use them, looking would be good. Falling clsn boxes typically use a single box, that would basically be up to shoulder level. There is no real defining of the body structure at all. This has been done and it makes moves miss
She seems to have some sort of odd quick recovery after any air hit.

There are a few defined combo systems in Vs, unsure exactly which one is in use here.
Weak to strong. This means you can go up the keys but only along kicks or punches
Weak to any. You can go up the keys alternating between kicks and punches
Punch to kick. This can go backwards but you may only combo a kick from a punch (not common)
Kick to punch. Inverse of above, also not common.
ZigZag/Hunter Chain. You use all 6 keys in sequence, generally starting from LP.

What's in this is apparently weak to any on the ground, but in midair it changes to zigzag+punch to kick to punch. And you can chain LP's together rather a lot. So in midair i can do LP>MP>LK>MK. I could probably go lp>mp>lk>mp>lk again, or something if i wanted to try really hard. I believe there's a juggle limit though.

Vs has no true "falls" a couple of moves will knock you down, but nothing that knocks you upwards will have you fall back to earth and get up from it. Especially not specials. Recovery should happen at pretty much the peak of everything. Unless you're slammed into the ground, you recover.

I don't really understand the stance as it doesn't match her recovery from other stuff. Kinda noticeable from the jump land, there is a flick to pose there.

Even if you're not going to artmoney the vels, you can get SOMETHING correctish simply by doing the move a few times and counting how many it takes till you can't hit p2, then replicate that. LP is too little, MP is too little.

Not going into the power theft, that's all made up and totally not an issue. But if something is going to be a style using many of the basic system mechanics is important, especially the combo system. Vs contrary to popular belief has a defined combo system and it really isn't mash for combo but specific strings. Some moves will even miss off the light versions due to requiring too much startup. They can chain from them, but p2 can recover in the middle, that sort of thing, often missed.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#30  October 24, 2011, 02:28:17 am
  • Q
I know Alpa didn't say that (thanks, I respect that) I was just answering the question. There isn't a "White Knight" act, though it does sound real cool, I'm not defending anybody, I just got frustrated and wanted to get actual feedback.

What Cyanide said is good sight more helpful. Now, it isn't very character specific (until the end), but definitely better.

On a side note: I never said I thought the vels weren't off. Just for more specificness.
#31  October 24, 2011, 02:29:29 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
That was actual feedback.
#32  October 24, 2011, 02:34:10 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#33  October 24, 2011, 02:40:32 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
It is character specific. Everything i've mentioned is something that's not there or done incorrectly. They're not general things you should know (well they are) but they're also things that aren't in this character.

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#34  October 24, 2011, 04:01:13 am
  • Q
I said your reply was better. I meant the part in the beginning about the overall layout of MvC games, but I also added that at the end you narrow your point to the character. I do understand each and every velo would be too much, but merely saying they are bad is just worthless.
#35  October 24, 2011, 04:05:16 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
Cyanide just posted detailed feedback and explained how to fix several gameplay errors in a polite and neutral way.

What else do you want?!
#36  October 24, 2011, 04:19:47 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Personally, I would prefer Acey to respond to this himself rather than some messenger, cause at this point someone's going to get the wrong idea.
#37  October 24, 2011, 04:34:14 am
  • Legendary XIII
    • New Zealand
I said your reply was better. I meant the part in the beginning about the overall layout of MvC games, but I also added that at the end you narrow your point to the character. I do understand each and every velo would be too much, but merely saying they are bad is just worthless.
The overall layout refers directly to the style being attempted here and it has not been matched. It is specific to the character, everything i have listed is specific to the character but i have also provided some possibly unknown background that will assist him in fixing it.

#38  October 24, 2011, 04:38:46 am
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
We're not going to walk Acey through the entire thing and say the vels aren't bad if they are bad and not right. Insisting that we say what they aren't isn't going to accomplish anything either. Talking FOR Acey isn't going to help. Chances are he won't even GET this feedback. But complaining about people not saying what vels are bad when cyanide made a gigantic description of exactly WHY they are, makes no sense.

But are there truly grown men in this world?!
#39  October 24, 2011, 04:46:06 am
    • Thailand
Ugh, why are you still doing this? This is not your job. You fuck the topic over by attacking people's feedback. The feedback was fine and it would have stayed fine as long as you didn't say anything. Now you've created a whole mess.

I said stop white knighting. What don't you get about that? I even sent you a personal message. Cut it out. Stop. Don't do it anymore. Cease it. End it.

Nobody wants to see YOU replying to feedback that has nothing to do with YOU. You are not Acey. You are not the feedback police. You cannot adequately address the issues of the feedback; all you can do is make the feedback into an issue. Nobody wants to see you attack people's feedback because you think it's the right thing to do because they are being "unclear." If the feedback is unclear and Acey really wants more information about it, then there are plenty of ways he could find out more about the feedback himself. I'm pretty sure he has an account on this forum and has posted here before.

Stop. Stop. Please stop. This is the last warning. I deleted 2 of your posts, and you posted a third post that I let slide, even though you knew you were doing what I told you not to do. Keep it up and you'll just be slapped on the wrist.

If you have an issue with this post or my moderation style, then please post a topic relevant to your concerns in the feedback area of this forum. You may also report my post or contact an administrator concerning the action I have taken against you. If you are unclear about anything in this message, then you may send me a personal message, and I will clarify any confusion you have about this post.

Cheers, Rajaa.
#40  October 24, 2011, 01:45:56 pm
  • Oi, eu sou Goku!
    • Brazil
    • Skype - cardoso.ms
Only I can not open the Rogue SFF?
I tried to open with the Fighter Factory Classic and the Ultimate, and none of them could open the sprites.
With Fighter Factory Classic appears this error:

And with the Fighter Factory Ultimate I can open the char by DEF but when I go on the Sprite, she's empty.
I wanted to change the portraits to be compatible with my Screenpack, how can I change them?

Thank you and sorry for english mistakes, I use Google Translator.

"A loser will beat a genius through hard work!"- Rock Lee