YesNoOk

Girard's Color Separation WIP: Closed. (Read 146904 times)

Started by Moon Girard, September 12, 2011, 07:20:25 am
Share this topic:
Re: Moon Girard's WIP (Color Seperation for Strider Hiryu by SyN Template up)
#21  September 22, 2011, 04:57:43 am
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
Update the Template to Include Dragon Guy Color seperated the Small Portrait

Did the Default Palette

The next one is a Namco X Capcom and Strider Palette since i used the Namco x Capcom Colors for it
Hiryu as Hiryu, Hien as Hien, Colossus as Solo(Mass Produced model), Saki as Solo, Storm as Grand Master Meio, Psylocke, Jill and Dragon Guy as the Ton Pooh triplets.

Last one is a Nintendo Palette based of their Brawl colors. Hiryu as Link(Robots as Minda), Hien as Cpt. Falcon, Colossus as Donkey Kong, Saki as Samus, Storm as Kirby, Jill as Mario, Psylocke as Lyn and Dragon Guy as Wolf

Update Maki's Template so the palette order has the colors in order instead of just randomly placed.
#22  September 22, 2011, 05:05:20 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
That SSBB palette could use some more work especially in strider, the hair has some pretty bad yellow tones and those colors in the arm seems pretty bad too and Hien doesn't resemble Cpt. Falcon too much IMO I wonder what did you use as a reference.

I think I will do some palettes for that Strider later on
Chilling
#23  September 22, 2011, 07:26:55 am
    • USA
Hopefully i fixed my laptop's screen color so i can work palettes better, changed Hiryu's hair, skin, shirt, arms, pants, scarf hopefully the colors look better now based the changes off of Link's SC2 artwork Changed all of Hien based it of a Cpt. Falcon's Melee render.
#24  September 23, 2011, 10:53:36 pm
    • USA
 >:(  stupid firefox....

I call this the "Twon Express"
Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 11:11:38 pm by Karasai
#25  September 28, 2011, 06:40:11 pm
    • USA
I have good news i guess, I've caught up on all my school work and since i finally beat Tales of Vesperia(Only took like 7 months) and KoFXIII got pushed back to November and there is no other Games i wanna play at the moment i'll be able to get a lot of work done on Strider and hopefully get him done before Halloween. Finshed seperating his Stance, Turning frames and some other frames that look weird when looped in a gif i may put up a video soon with all of his basic stuff seperated

Did two more Palettes first is a Captain Commando(NxC colors) one with Hiryu as CapCom,Hien as Sho,Jill as Mack the Knife, Colossus as Baby, Saki as Strum, Psylocke as Carol, Storm as ZiZi and Guy as Guy

Also did a Stealth Black one

>:(  stupid firefox....

I call this the "Twon Express"

Looks like you didn't Index it
Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 10:10:23 pm by Girard
#26  September 28, 2011, 08:11:05 pm
  • The Only Easy Day was Yesterday
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/truemicah
I am loving your work and the Capt. Commando and stealth mode pals are awesome.
#27  October 01, 2011, 09:00:29 pm
    • USA
Crouch is done was messing around with Color Seperation to see how patterns would go if i did them on the next character after Maki

I am loving your work and the Capt. Commando and stealth mode pals are awesome.

Thanks
#28  October 03, 2011, 12:49:04 am
    • USA
what does index mean?
#29  October 03, 2011, 08:01:57 am
    • USA
what does index mean?

I'm not quite sure how to explain it. i can tell you how to index it though depending on what Program(i use photoshop) you are using to make the palette.
#30  October 04, 2011, 08:30:13 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
Index: A table or list of organized contents, grouped together but marked individually.

Meaning, you need to make the image have an actual indexed table or listing of all its 256 colors that can be viewed through programs like Fighter Factory, Photoshop, Graphics Gale, etc. etc.

There's many ways of achieving this.

One easy, but sometimes messy way is to open the Palette Tool in Fighter Factory and on the Left viewer you load up your image and save the palette as an act file.

Secondly, on the dialogue portion on your left you load up your image once again and apply the recently saved .act file to it and save it as a .pcx image. You now have an indexed image.

With Photoshop you can properly index images and save them either as .PNG .GIF .PCX or another few formats, so try that better if you have the program.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#31  October 09, 2011, 01:49:36 am
    • USA
Walking in both directions done. Also i closed the poll because there is no way to color seperating everything so nothing shares colors without going over 256 colors plus storm would be a pain to separate for and i've done this much so no point and going back so the robots can be different colors from each other.

Index: A table or list of organized contents, grouped together but marked individually.

Meaning, you need to make the image have an actual indexed table or listing of all its 256 colors that can be viewed through programs like Fighter Factory, Photoshop, Graphics Gale, etc. etc.

There's many ways of achieving this.

One easy, but sometimes messy way is to open the Palette Tool in Fighter Factory and on the Left viewer you load up your image and save the palette as an act file.

Secondly, on the dialogue portion on your left you load up your image once again and apply the recently saved .act file to it and save it as a .pcx image. You now have an indexed image.

With Photoshop you can properly index images and save them either as .PNG .GIF .PCX or another few formats, so try that better if you have the program.

Thanks for Explaining that for him.
Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 01:52:40 am by Moon Girard
#32  October 09, 2011, 03:05:41 pm
  • Club -SyN- in my past life
    • USA
    • negative-edge.net
All Smiles here bro.
Strider's separation was more than enough to be honest.
So how ever you do it, I am still grateful for you doing this!
#33  November 03, 2011, 04:06:50 am
    • USA
Little update
I'm planning on releasing the patch on my Birthday(November 16th) so expect to be able to play with it soon no gifs, pictures or video at the moment but expect some sometime in the next couple of days though i do have a new palette inspired by the Heroes and Heralds mode in UMvC3

Also too much?

Thinking about adding Fishnets into the color seperation don't worry i already made it so you can remove the fishnets and have it look like regular legs and arms if you guys could leave your opinion or vote in the poll it'd be much appreciated.
#34  November 03, 2011, 05:05:07 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
what are fishnets, the lines of the character or something?
#35  November 03, 2011, 05:11:31 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
fishnets? that's pretty clever but I think that's going way too off-board and exaggerated :-X
Chilling
#36  November 03, 2011, 05:30:49 am
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
Wow! very detailed work! this is the best hiryu i have seen! i'm very very looking forward to this, keep it up!  :sugoi:
#37  November 04, 2011, 02:26:11 am
  • Because Card Fighters Clash 2 wasn't quite as good
do you have an easy way of making those fishnet or are you manually spriting over the sprites? o.o
#38  November 04, 2011, 03:20:16 am
  • The Only Easy Day was Yesterday
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/truemicah
what are fishnets, the lines of the character or something?
Google it,  ::)

I agree with SilentRipper.
Fishnets are awesome but creating them would be alot of unnecessary work... wouldn't it?
Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 03:23:56 am by TRUEMicah
#39  November 04, 2011, 03:58:54 am
    • USA
fishnets? that's pretty clever but I think that's going way too off-board and exaggerated :-X

Just messing around with ideas got the idea from Guy and Hanzo

do you have an easy way of making those fishnet or are you manually spriting over the sprites? o.o
I agree with SilentRipper.
Fishnets are awesome but creating them would be alot of unnecessary work... wouldn't it?

For the template i did it from scratch but now i have a whole layer like it that i can just apply over each sprite select the arms and legs then delete the rest i'd say it would only add 1 more minute of work.

#40  November 04, 2011, 04:12:08 am
  • Because Card Fighters Clash 2 wasn't quite as good
I'd say go for it, but only if you are willing to do all that work, besides fishnets are almost a must for sluty kunoichis (maybe if you expand your method i could do the same for my Mai XD)