Gohan Z2 [Project] (Read 493914 times)

Started by Balthazar, July 29, 2011, 02:19:47 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Cybalthazar's Adult Gohan Thread
#81  November 15, 2011, 07:22:22 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Dat old shit :P???
Here's something that might be fun for him, along with his big airdashing game...alldirections kick! direction+Strong Kick is all you need to do.
The idea was to make this available only during superjump or airdashing, but we'll have to test if it works for regular jumping too..

#82  November 15, 2011, 09:04:20 pm
Airdashing would work, but if you make it for regular jumping it could really open him up for some tough combos in a trial mode if the kicks have different properties (Like the down version could be an overhead.) and the hitboxes work right. Shit, while your at it, give him a short hop + 8 way airdash and make him as silly as MvC3 Magneto/Doom.
#83  November 15, 2011, 09:26:33 pm
    • Netherlands
Well I've planned 4-way airdashing for him at the moment, but we'll see about the diagonals ;)
I'm not sure on how effectively you're gonna be able to input the df,df command for instance,
it'd be annoying if you ended up doing the forward dash in stead of the forward down dash.
So let's first see how the 4-way dash works :D
Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 09:33:29 pm by Balthazar
#84  November 15, 2011, 09:34:14 pm
Well you have to consider the uses of a 4 way airdash. A four way airdash is ehh. You got some usefulness for the corner air combos (For the up dash.), some keepaway utility (For the backwards dash.), the down dash probably wouldn't do much unless you have some air combo/air-to-ground combos that could be made specifically possible for the down dash, and then the forward dash is obvious. An 8 way dash could be used in a zillion ways if the character's combos were coded with it in mind, and not just tacked on. But it's just food for thought.
#85  November 15, 2011, 09:35:55 pm
    • Netherlands
Yeah well I was thinking maybe his dashes can work with a homing ability of sorts, kinda like chasing after somebody you hit with a launcher..
but not in all cases ofcourse. :)
And for his downdash, well i was thinking you can use it to set up the enemy to attack you so he is wide open...
so you superjump, making him do an anti-air projectile perhaps, then you downdash quickly back to the ground and attack him while he is still recovering..if that works :P
#86  November 15, 2011, 09:42:55 pm
That would be badass but probably annoying when your trying to do things against different sized characters. Having more control is usually better, but going with that would be more unique. As for the down dash thing, not so much. That's pretty unreliable and hard to actually use in real time. It sounds like a neat concept, but it won't work like 85% of the time. And then you have to account for the fact that this is MUGEN, where everyone's AA is safe.  ::)

I could see it working if Gohan could do 2 air dashes in the air, probably cancel a forward one to a down one, which would just be badass.
#87  November 15, 2011, 11:20:14 pm
    • Netherlands
Well yes that's exactly what I had in mind, being able to perform a double airdash :D
So that would indeed mean dash up, dash down,
or dash forward, dash up,
or dash backwards, dash backwards
It will be so juicy ^^!
#88  November 15, 2011, 11:26:20 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
adding to that,t here will be tests to see if he should be able to colilde while airdashing, maybe he can not have that which will make him able to do stuff like

air combo-> air dash forward->omni kick down->airdash down->omnikick up
#89  November 15, 2011, 11:31:45 pm
That sounds great. So forget about the 8 way airdash then. Everyone's happy. Well, not really, still want that short hop. Or atleast make it stupidly hard but possible to airdash at a low height out of a superjump (Assuming you can superjump out of any ground attack.)
#90  November 16, 2011, 11:30:57 pm
    • Netherlands
le facekick

#91  November 16, 2011, 11:39:30 pm
His face looks a little too much like Goku right there on and off on the frames, it's like one second he's Goku and then the other it's clearly Gohan. You might actually want to do some adjustments to Gohans face so that we can clearly identify Goku from Gohan by face. Some of these headswaps don't even look swapped yet. Also the transitioning to the kick might need more frames. I'm a fucking critic.
Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 02:39:02 am by Cazaki
#92  November 17, 2011, 02:26:54 am
  • Gamer extraordinaire
    • USA
    • Skype - Shadow0X3
I'm just assuming you're going for heredity in the facial features XD
But I'm guessing that "le facekick" will look better moving with some x velocity as opposed to sitting in place, so, keep going ;D *Support*

If you see a Diverien, it's almost definitely me. So say hi :D
#93  November 17, 2011, 09:14:08 am
    • Netherlands
Well this is what I am going for, so tough shit Cazaki :P!
I'm making his sprites very gameplay orientated, i am not making a masterpiece of animation but moreso a functional fighting character.
With Goku I've learned that there is absolutely no need for any more frames. Also I have no problem with his face.
And yeah you won't see this move non-moving, so there :) It's a mere jumping MK/SK!
#94  November 17, 2011, 09:16:41 am
  • The Only Easy Day was Yesterday
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/truemicah
Balthazar mentioned earlier that although Gohan and Goku will be headswaps, they will play as differently as Ryu and Ken.
#95  November 17, 2011, 09:19:59 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
More like Gouki and Sean really : same basics, but entirely different specials and supers (Ken and Ryu still share too much according to Balthazar :P)
#96  November 17, 2011, 10:45:00 am
    • Netherlands
I think they will set a new standard for headswaps, actually ;)!
People will then be able to refer headswaps by Ryu/Ken,  Sean/Gouki, Goku/Gohan   ;D
#97  November 17, 2011, 08:37:14 pm
Balthazar mentioned earlier that although Gohan and Goku will be headswaps, they will play as differently as Ryu and Ken.

Well I was saying the headswaps all don't look like headswaps. In fact, some of the heads/faces on the sprites look exactly the same. I just said he should work on a new face so it is more easily distinguishable.

Well this is what I am going for, so tough shit Cazaki :P!

Well fuck.  :'(
#98  November 17, 2011, 10:19:34 pm
    • USA
Heres a few new palettes. I'm sure my old palettes for Goku will be applied to Gohan.

#99  November 17, 2011, 10:22:35 pm
    • Netherlands
Me gusta :) Thanks man, those are nice :P !
*Edit*  The Bluestreak one is not correct 100%. The light shade for his boot lace is still yellow, while the dark shade is blue...glad I caught that :P

And Gohan got some lessons from Chun-li, apparently...(The low kick might need an extra recovery frame, I was lazy...)
Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 10:31:07 pm by Balthazar
#100  November 17, 2011, 11:06:18 pm
    • USA
Me gusta :) Thanks man, those are nice :P !
*Edit*  The Bluestreak one is not correct 100%. The light shade for his boot lace is still yellow, while the dark shade is blue...glad I caught that :P

And Gohan got some lessons from Chun-li, apparently...(The low kick might need an extra recovery frame, I was lazy...)

Ahh thanks for mentioning that! I'll fix it with the new set of palettes.