YesNoOk

SF3 Twelve and his cloning super...possible? Ever? (Read 1451 times)

Started by Agnibyte, November 20, 2011, 07:57:42 am
Share this topic:
SF3 Twelve and his cloning super...possible? Ever?
#1  November 20, 2011, 07:57:42 am
  • Back for a few months.
    • USA
Could Twelve be written to adopt the form and AI code of his P2Name/P4Name opponent during his super? Even if there were issues like Shang Tsung's loading times in PSX's MK3. Their voices seem like too much to ask for even to me.

Just curious.
Re: SF3 Twelve and his cloning super...possible? Ever?
#2  November 20, 2011, 08:03:51 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
No, it would only be possible in a closed off full game, or with limited functionality(you can manually program a couple of characters for him to turn into, and even then there would be problems with it).
#3  November 20, 2011, 08:06:59 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
You can make Twelve turn into characters, but you can't make him turn exactly into his opponent.

Furthermore gethit constraints with the engine make it so that if he's hit he would turn back into Twelve.
#4  November 20, 2011, 08:10:34 am
  • Sr. Black Person
  • Mess with the chuchu you get the pewpew
    • USA
    • Kamekaze.world
Could Twelve be written to adopt the form and AI code of his P2Name/P4Name opponent during his super? Even if there were issues like Shang Tsung's loading times in PSX's MK3. Their voices seem like too much to ask for even to me.

Just curious.

Short answer, no. Long answer,  In all seriousness, this falls back on the ssj dilemma, we aren't able to swap out .sff's mid fight so its impossible atm.
Want to feel useful for a useless show? click here
119/150 Chars, I'm not dead yet....the true surprise is in my thread.
Hahahah fuck you photobucket.
#5  November 20, 2011, 09:59:56 am
  • Back for a few months.
    • USA
Haha, good to know. Guess that's that, and thank you.
#6  November 20, 2011, 05:40:39 pm

Just curious.

Short answer, no. Long answer,  In all seriousness, this falls back on the ssj dilemma, we aren't able to swap out .sff's mid fight so its impossible atm.

But wouldn't turning SSJ be an easy thing to do? Wouldn't it be exactly like Sakura's transformation? Or Ryu MVC1 transformation?
#7  November 20, 2011, 06:42:16 pm
  • Figuring things out, one sprite at a time.
    • irwt.iammanyninjas.com
Ryu's transformation is easy enough with the remappal of 1.0; Ryu's appearance is not physically changing outside of a new colorset in reality. Transformations that involve more elaborate physical changes require use of alternate sprites and animations. While it is possible to create some workarounds in the character itself to cover most situations, you really cannot do anything to correct the appearance when in another character's custom state.
The only real way to ensure that the proper form is displayed would be to have the other character be able to detect the transformation and have an alternative animation set up to compensate. Considering the sheer number of characters available, it's not realistic to do outside of a closed environment.
#8  November 20, 2011, 10:20:02 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
Several years ago I was thinking for a possibility to make a pseudo character who can use other styles.
I had one idea to create some generic results for transphormations.
Ex:

ryu ken dan kazuya takuma => generic karateka
dudley balrog vanessa => generic boxer

Otherwise it seems imposible, out of a full game project. :P
#9  November 21, 2011, 03:14:53 am
    • Edtion.TK
Make a Twelve character, make some more characters, copy the other characters codes and sff into twelve's files, make his transformation variable to his opponent and there you go, twelve sucking up lots of space so he can transform into some opponents in mugen.

Or you could resuffer the learning process in another program (such as game maker) and make twelve and his fellow combatants there....or wait to see if elecbyte will ever do anything that will make it more possible to make twelve/mystique/clayface/other omni-morphers in mugen.
#10  November 21, 2011, 03:37:14 pm
  • Back for a few months.
    • USA
Several years ago I was thinking for a possibility to make a pseudo character who can use other styles.
I had one idea to create some generic results for transphormations.
Ex:

ryu ken dan kazuya takuma => generic karateka
dudley balrog vanessa => generic boxer

Otherwise it seems imposible, out of a full game project. :P

One of the many characters in my head that I'll never make is a shotokyaku that looks like a shoto but only fights with his legs like jhun. I'd have him kick out a few projectiles like lvl. 2 ken or sf4 juri, now that she's around, and have his anti-air look something between ken's soto mawashi kick and feilong's shien kyaku. Maybe one day...probably not.
#11  November 22, 2011, 10:34:06 pm
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
One solution can be to use commons SFF for this character for the other character sprites.
But it seems every fight the big SFF have to be loaded.
And you cannot use the commons sprites directly on the character without using explods AFAIK. :(
#12  November 22, 2011, 11:07:25 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
you can have him morph into every character, which means that the fights in which he is not in the big sff won't be loaded.